PDA

View Full Version : Certification Study Workshop

Mark_McCall
05-01-2007, 05:57 PM
CPP Certification Prep Course

Open to all photographers wishing to become PPA Certified.
Exam description & layout, sample test, study materials and test subjects
are all covered.
Sunday, June 10th, 2007
Melonie Park South Party House
3502 74th St, Lubbock, Tx.
Presented by www.spppa.com
1:00-4:00pm
Seminar is FREE, but there is a $10 material charge for materials you'll be ablet to take with you, payable at the door.
You must RSVP by email mmphotography@cox.net asap.

A lunch is being planned for 11:30am....Jason's Deli, very close to the seminar. Map>>
http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=HPIA,HPIA:2006-08,HPIA:en&um=1&q=jason%27s+deli&near=Lubbock,+TX&fb=1&cid=0,0,15902377623314459178&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=image

Although we are not talking a minimum number of students, we need RSVP's a soon as possible so that we have time to move the location in the event if we have more than expected RSVP.

You'll learn what to expect, take a sample test, learn where to send your images, learn how to recertifiy after 5 years.

Mark_Levesque
05-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Sounds like a very valuable service, Mark. Should be quite popular with those interested in the CPP designation. I know a couple months ago people were asking around here where they could find such a program. And you can't beat the price with a stick.

Valerie_Harte
05-01-2007, 08:31 PM
I would love to go but I am planning on visiting Craig to TAKE the test on June 10th. I think it is FANTASTIC that you are offering it though.

Michael_Bobinski
05-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Mark - Whats the chance of having this class near a state meeting such as the Kerrville Summer Seminar. Say Saturday Afternoon or Sunday Morning?

I am extremely interested in attending, but the logistics of traveling to Lubbock for a 3 hour class prevent me from doing so. But having a large amount of photogs already in an area might increase participation, even if the presentation was not in prime time.

Just a thought...

Michael Bobinski

Mark_McCall
05-02-2007, 03:59 AM
Thanks Mark,
Our local guild ask me to teach the class, and it will also serve as our monthly meeing. Hence the no charge attendance fee.

Micheal,
Kerrville is exactly the reason we're doing this in June. The CPP test is being offered there by Les Lopez, TPPA's Certification Liason.
If offered AT Kerrville, this study course would have to be put on by TPPA, and would have to be planned well ahead of time.
If you'd like to see it given at Kerrville, in San Antonio in Oct. (Fall Seminar), or SWPPA (next spring), contact Doug Box and ask for it.
We'd be happy to put on the course, but we couldn't plan it...it would have to be the decision of TPPA.
You can reach Doug at dougbox@aol.com

I come off the board of TPPA in June, so this will give me more time for projects like this.

Michael_Bobinski
05-02-2007, 05:20 AM
Thanks, Mark. I'll see Doug on Monday. I was sort of asking why it couldn't be done independent of TPPA, such as some of the stuff we saw happening before Imaging USA.

Mark_McCall
05-02-2007, 05:41 AM
Micheal,
It probably could be done independent of TPPA.
But we'd be using their resources...hotel meeting room, ect.
We can't just show up and say..."we're here to put on the class".

See what Doug says.
..I'll be in Kerrville late on that Saturday night.

peter_polizzi
05-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Hi Mark
Will there be any classes in the N.Y.C. or New Jersey area this year. I believe
this class is important to take. I need to take the next step towards my
degree.

Thanks Peter

peter_polizzi
05-03-2007, 01:15 PM
sorry Michael that message was for Mark

Mark_McCall
05-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Peter,
I haven't a clue if it's being put on anywhere in NJ or NY.

Contact your state PPA Affiliate, and get ahold of the Certification Liason.
They should know.

Mark

Tommie_Huffman
06-02-2007, 12:22 AM
Hey Mark! We tried to find you that night at Imaging USA with no luck. Next time you are in town look us up.