PDA

View Full Version : Imaging USA, January 22-24, 2006

Gregory_Aide
07-30-2005, 07:29 PM
Imaging USA
January 22-24, 2006
Austin, Texas

2 for 1 Buddy pass option. You and a friend can now register for as low as $189. That is just one of the many changes you will see at the biggest and best Imaging USA conference and expo yet!

We have a new site for Imaging USA information. Visit www.imagingusa.org (http://www.imagingusa.org) for the latest news and information.

Dennis_Craft
07-30-2005, 09:07 PM
I also thought the selection of speakers for Austin was great. It will be a great convention. :p

Jack_Reznicki
07-31-2005, 05:42 PM
I also thought the selection of speakers for Austin was great. It will be a great convention. :p

The one question I get asked the most is "Where can I learn more?" either about shooting, business, or Photoshop.
While we all have great fun at the parties and while in Austin, the great bars along 8th St (I think that's the right number. Too many beers last time in Austin mades my memory fuzzy),
the really great part about the Convention is the amount of education we all get when we're there. My biggest complaint about being on the Board is all the programs I now miss.

Jack

ddickson
08-01-2005, 08:12 PM
Speaking of parties, The Texas School party will be Saturday night for everyone. We are going to be in a bar on 6th street with live music and alot of fun. It is going to be FREE to anyone who had registered for the convention. Austin is know for it's "Live Music" Even if you do not like the bar sceen, this will be worth seeing, and now all the bars are non-smoking, even a better time.

Ian_Aleksander_Adams
08-01-2005, 10:25 PM
I'm thinking about being a student volunteer for this event through SPS. I have to wait till I get down to school though, and know my schedule.

Ken_Porter
08-01-2005, 10:31 PM
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Even January isn't too cold to ride your motorcycle to Austin. The Texas Hill Country has some of the best riding in the US, if you find you have too much time on your hands (though the programs should keep us pretty occupied). I plan to ride.... anyone else??

Ken Porter
Lubbock, TX

Al_Audleman
08-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Ken ... If that's a picture of you on the bike, I'll buy one and ride it there! :)

L._A._Brewer
08-07-2005, 04:17 PM
AL!,..... That's just part of his "Accessories Package"! :p

Jaime_Incontro
08-09-2005, 01:28 PM
This is my first year as a PPA member. Is Imaging USA open to all members? I was also wondering what the difference is between the Austin event and the San Antonio event? Does anyone have any pointers for me?

Thanks

Jaime Incontro

Mark_McCall
09-02-2005, 06:51 AM
Ken,
I'm up for a ride...
Not being the ironman you are....I'm whimping out and trailering down there. My trailer is in the shop as we speak getting an expanded metal deck and new lights.

Carol_Andrews
09-26-2005, 03:29 AM
Dear Jaime, first of all, welcome to PPA, and I hope you have many years of a sucessful business, and more importantly, I hope you meet a million of the best souls in the world, who happen to be fellow members!
Now, regarding your Imaging USA questions...being from Texas, I'm taking the liberty to briefly explain that the difference between IUSA in Austin, and the next year, is like having the conference in Boston one year, and Washington D.C. the next.....Texas is a mighty big place, with lots of varieties in our cultures, our landscapes and certainly our foods, and music.....but the ONE thing that will be found anywhere in the state is our open hearts, and our HOSPITALITY.....ask anyone who has ever attended the Texas school, and you'll understand why these two conventions are gonna be a blast, and each quite unique in thier own settings....so, do a little research on the funkiness of Austin, in the magificent Texas Hill Country, and the laid back historical culture that is defientely San Antonio.....You'll never want to go home....so bring your boots, make a friend or three hundred, and come see us now, ya hear? P.S. Texas is derived from the word that means "friends". Oh yea, by the way, the programming will be outstanding too!!!!!!C

Kellie_Hughes
11-02-2005, 01:22 AM
Dennis!! Are you coming down for this as well as Texas School!??? Oh what fun!

BTW... anyone need a buddy??? ;)

Makayla_Hallford
11-03-2005, 10:22 PM
BTW... anyone need a buddy??? ;)

Kellie, I need a buddy. email me and we'll talk!

Kellie_Hughes
11-06-2005, 05:17 PM
Hey Makayla... I might have found one.... if it falls through i will call ya!! :) Thanks! Kel

Bob_MacDonald
11-23-2005, 08:57 PM
I noticed that a lot of the folks who're touting the "festivities" are from down South. Does PPA ever hold it's Annual's in the northern part of this country where some of us who are not as "flush" as you party-goers would have a chance to learn something? :(

Marks_Feaster
12-11-2005, 07:23 PM
PPA used to allow nonmembers to attend the trade show. What is the status of this situation?

Keith_Hopkins
07-20-2006, 05:25 PM
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Even January isn't too cold to ride your motorcycle to Austin. The Texas Hill Country has some of the best riding in the US, if you find you have too much time on your hands (though the programs should keep us pretty occupied). I plan to ride.... anyone else??

Ken Porter
Lubbock, TX
I agree with Ken, I rented a Harley for the day in Austin. The Imaging expo is a great way to double as a vacation during the slow months.

Curtis_Baker
11-08-2006, 02:08 PM
As a new member of the PPA team, I am very excited to take part in the Imaging USA convention! This community definately has a passion about the craft of photography and it is apparent in the attention paid by the PPA team!

If I can be of any assistance to the members of OurPPA.com, please do not hesitate to ask.

Curtis Baker

George_Hawkins
11-08-2006, 11:24 PM
There are non member fees.

HOWEVER, THIS THREAD STARTED ABOUT THE 2006 IMAGING.

NOW START A NEW ONE FOR 2007.