PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Clears House!

Jackie_Haggerty
04-24-2007, 02:11 AM
Here it is guys, a thread to tell you just how Jeff did this year in New Hampshire!

He is AWESOME! I'll let him tell you the big news!!

Jeff_Dachowski
04-24-2007, 02:23 AM
Hi,
Here is the scoop....

6 for 6 award
Portrait Court of Honor
Folio Award
Album of the Year
Kodak Gallery Award for Album

Yeah!!!! I'm pretty excited!

jeff

DianeDavis
04-24-2007, 02:25 AM
Glad I knew you before you were famous!

Congrats Jeff!!

Linda_Gregory
04-24-2007, 02:50 AM
I didn't but can I claim I did??

Very proud of you both, although I had nothing to do with it, I'm grinning like a proud parent!

Ron_Jackson
04-24-2007, 03:08 AM
Jeff I am so happy for you and Jackie. There is not much more I can say than has been said already by so many people. Congratulations and I am so proud for you both! What a great day!
Ron

Sue_Ellen_Tuttle
04-24-2007, 03:16 AM
Congratulations!!!!!!!

Post, share, PLEASE!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!!!!

Keith_A_Howe
04-24-2007, 03:18 AM
Jeff - I guess this means when we come to see you in October we can't stay with you - the spare room will be filled with trophies and plaques! We are both so thrilled for you.

Keith and Holly

Cassandra_Sullivan
04-24-2007, 03:24 AM
Congrats, Jeff!

Lori_Clapp
04-24-2007, 03:27 AM
Jeff, if you and Jackie are still reading posts by us peons - Congratulations! And you're welcome for all my help - oh wait, I didn't help you did I? Guess I should have gone with Jackie when I thought about it! I'd love to have seen your faces when you heard your scores!! Woo Hoo - I'm so happy for both of you!

Naomi_Angel
04-24-2007, 03:41 AM
WHOOOHOOO!!!!!

GREAT Job!!!!!

David_A._Lottes
04-24-2007, 04:50 AM
Kodak Gallery Award for Album

That and a buck will get you a cup of coffee.......................who am I kidding......................................YOU ROCK!!!

D._Craig_Flory
04-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Hi Jeff;

I know what your secret is - but I don't know if I should tell everyone else. Oh well ... I guess I will. When I met him, at the Feb. PPAofPA meeting, he seemed like just any old photographer. But when he got a pair of his famous star glasses out of his van ... sparks flew, birds stopped chirping to stare at him, and all the planets aligned perfectly. I knew I was witnessing a power I just couldn't understand. So ... it's the glasses !!! :p

Way to go Jeff !!!

Auralee_Dallas
04-24-2007, 02:26 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!! I guess in the light of the recent events, you should stick with photography and get out of the eyewear business.

JohnHeckler
04-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Congrats Jeff, AWESOME! ... did we see some of the images posted here already?! I seem to remember some sweet shots of yours posted here, but don't know if that is what you entered or not. Congrats either way and point us to the images when you get a chance! :-)

Lois_Byrne
04-24-2007, 06:42 PM
Jeff,

Congratulations to you! So happy to hear about your success! Take care, Lois

StaceyDamon
04-24-2007, 07:52 PM
CONGRATULATIONS Jeff!! Such great accomplishments! Post them when you have a chance! Nice job!

Andrea_Chapelo
04-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Jeff, that is so awesome! I am so excited for you. Way to go!!!!:D :)

KristiSanger
04-24-2007, 09:17 PM
Congratulations Jeff! You have just reached that "untoutchable" status for newbs like me. :) I will be watching your posts and cc's very closely to learn as much as I can.

Kristi

Jane_Lydick_Staid
04-24-2007, 09:55 PM
Congrats again Jeff and to Don Chick and Nylora Bruleigh for their awards. Wish I felt better for the conference but this virus/infection/whatever has me knocked for a loop!

Jane_Lydick_Staid
04-24-2007, 09:55 PM
Oh and I got to meet Jackie Haggerty and see her amazing work.

Michael_Bobinski
04-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Jeff is just going to have to get bigger star glasses! Congrats !

Jane_Lydick_Staid
04-24-2007, 10:45 PM
I forgot to say I went 3 for 6 and tied with Jeff for the best album score.

DianeDavis
04-24-2007, 11:07 PM
congrats Jane. That is impressive all by itself- plenty to be happy for!

Jeff_Dachowski
04-24-2007, 11:24 PM
Hi All,
Thanks again for all of your warm wishes. I don't think Jane posted any images from her album, but it was a bit of a concept album. Jane would you like to elaborate? It was pretty cool!

Also Don and Sandy Chick, Want to talk about your weekend?

Nylora?

A bunch of folks form this forum took home awards this weekend. They should be recognized as well. Please speak up!!!

Nice job everyone!!!
Jeff

Mark_Levesque
04-24-2007, 11:38 PM
It sure was great to sit at the power table at the banquet last night. :)

Great job, Jeff. Good things happening to good people. I love it. A shame you and Carolle were under the weather and couldn't enjoy your special night to the fullest extent.

Oh, and the gazillion calls to the Howes were a hoot. Jeff called Keith and Holly and said "won the Kodak gallery award." Then they hung up, and he called back five seconds later. They did this so many times at one point Keith answered "right on time". :)

Great conference. I only got one blue, but I knew it was a weak case, so my disappointment is with myself, and not with the scores. Now I wait to see if I passed the CPP exam.

Keith_A_Howe
04-24-2007, 11:54 PM
Oh, and the gazillion calls to the Howes were a hoot. Jeff called Keith and Holly and said "won the Kodak gallery award." Then they hung up, and he called back five seconds later. They did this so many times at one point Keith answered "right on time". :)

What can I say - we wanted to live vicarously!

Jane_Lydick_Staid
04-24-2007, 11:57 PM
I did my album as a joke!

I will post a few images of it when I feel better. In the meantime, think of what a "Where's Waldo?" wedding album done from the prospective of a garden gnome would look like.

Not bad for a 3 day turnaround I say.

Jenifer_Sellon
04-25-2007, 12:02 AM
Awesome job Jeff, you should be so proud! Great job!!!!

George_Hawkins
04-25-2007, 12:33 AM
A bunch of folks form this forum took home awards this weekend. They should be recognized as well. Please speak up!!!
Nice job everyone!!!
Jeff

Just one blue, an 81, BUT two 79 scores! On on79, my printer had a sore throat and did not print b/w as well as it should, and I did not take time to fix and reprint! Some of had recently been sent lifetime member certificates but were not recognized. About 15 of us previous National Award recipients received from any PPA affiliate were recognized and asked to come forward. I was one of the two past PPANE Presidents recognized by the current President, but he forgot to recognize the first female President who came over from Vermont sitting at table I was at! Oh well, no one can remember all.

Congrats to Jackie, one of the three recognized for 6 blues for 6 entries; she takes a special pin home, the only out of state winner of that honor.

We had a great time at a local microbrewery called Moat Mountain, encouraged in advance by Jim Lersch.

George

Don_Chick
04-25-2007, 02:04 AM
Phewwwww!!!!

I was on the wheelbarrow commitee helping Jeff get his awards back to his room! I should have been paid by the mile for all the trips we made. :D

Nylora_Bruleigh
04-25-2007, 02:06 AM
HI Everyone!

Jeff- CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN! You are AMAZING! (Hope you and Carole are feeling better!)

Jane - Great Job! and I loved your album- lt was so creative! Hope you are feeling better!

Don- Congratulations on your award Prez! Looking forward to the next year!

Jackie- It was so good to meet you! Congratulations on one INCREDIBLE print case and on your awards- what a night! You are an amazing photographer and I hope you come to NH again!

Me? I have never scored anything above an 80 but scored an 86 on TWO prints this weekend! Got 2 Judges Choice Awards and a Fuji Masterpiece Award! I was thrilled!

It was great to be the one to hand out the awards last night! I got the first Hug from all the winners! (yes, that means 6 hugs from Jeff woo woo -you should all be jealous!:D )

Nylora

Don_Chick
04-25-2007, 02:12 AM
(yes, that means 6 hugs from Jeff woo woo -You should all be jealous!:D )

Nylora

I wasn't jealous :D :D :D

But hugging you, Nylora, was special!

Jeff_Dachowski
04-25-2007, 02:16 AM
Nylora,
I don't really care about the awards.....its the hugs I am shooting for.:)
Jeff

Edited to say- Nylora wore a go go dancer outfit with Nancy Sinatra boots. It was pretty much voted best cotume. Her avatar does not do her justice!

Don_Chick
04-25-2007, 02:24 AM
Nylora wore a go go dancer outfit with Nancy Sinatra boots.

And if we posted a pix of her in it it would immediately be removed by the powers that be as too-hot an image for this site!

Nylora_Bruleigh
04-25-2007, 02:33 AM
Don,
I think you actually got a FEW hugs from me as well!!! :) Thanks for the compliment (I think) and...it was ONLY knee showing! ;)

Jeff,
Thanks for the "description". By the way how DID the picture come out that you got? And Where is that group photo hiding with the glasses????? I can;t wait to see them! :D

Mark_Levesque
04-25-2007, 02:39 AM
Your wish is my command. The only bad part is DSLRs don't do video so you can't see the dance moves she was laying on.

http://www.markspixels.com/images/nhppaConv1.jpg

Marc_Benjamin
04-25-2007, 06:40 AM
Hey Jeff,

Congrats and wow a K Gallery! Outstanding!

Nylora_Bruleigh
04-25-2007, 01:39 PM
Thanks Jeff,
And where are my glasses? Did the group shot come out?
I was so honored to get a pair- THANKS!!!!;)

Mark_Levesque
04-25-2007, 01:48 PM
Did the group shot come out?
You know, I meant to get there last night, but I was pretty well exhausted. Not that I was smart enough to turn in early or anything. I'll check tonight for sure.

ken_smith
04-25-2007, 10:24 PM
nice job Jeff and Jackie

Mark_McCall
04-25-2007, 11:23 PM
It was great to see these two rake in some much deserved hardware.
At least one person was missing from our table the entire evening, picking up an award. Those 6 for 6 pins are pretty shiny!!

Thanks for the studio tour Jeff. I was mucho impressed.

It was also cool to have dinner with Kevin K.
All around awesome trip!

Cool to Meet you too, Mark.
Keith, thanks for the champagne.

Mark_Levesque
04-26-2007, 12:43 AM
Cool to Meet you too, Mark.
Likewise. Sorry I missed the bulk of your program during the CPP exam. I heard good things about it. Did grab one of those free CDs, however. :)

Keith_A_Howe
04-26-2007, 01:13 AM
Keith, thanks for the champagne.

Did grab one of those free CDs, however. :)

Free CD, Free CD??? you drank my champagne and I didn't get no free CD.
Keith

Mark_Levesque
04-26-2007, 02:33 AM
Yes, and it was good, too! :)

Mark_McCall
04-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Hey Keith,
Here's the FREE CD.
http://www.swppa.com/uploads/FREE_CD

Contains a free Microsoft Word plug in to create lightweight PDFs, and trial versions of the software we use to create the Studio Brochure on CD. (3 time An-Ne Award winner).
There's also a collection of my favorite wedding fonts, and a trial version of a flip book program that creates a vitural wedding album for inclusion to your Studio Brochure.

Here's my studio brochure:
http://www.swppa.com/uploads/CD_Brochure.zip
(36 megs).
The video has been deactivated from the presentation. It adds 300 megs to the presentation, and would take forever to download).

The presentation is tested at 1224x768 and 1024x768, but not an looser resolutions. If your making one of these presentations to market your studio, I highly suggest testing it at several monitor resolutions.

Jackie_Haggerty
04-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Hey Mark,

The CD download isn't working, I think we are not authorized because maybe it is in a member only section of SWPPA?

Mark_McCall
04-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Wild...
I recently changed some stuff on the SWPPA website, but not being a member would not prevent you from downloading from the site.

Let me try something else.

Mark_McCall
04-30-2007, 03:48 PM
http://www.swppa.com/uploads/FREE_CD.zip

I found the problem. I forgot to zip the folder closed before I uploaded it.

Jackie_Haggerty
04-30-2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks Mark!

Keith_A_Howe
05-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Thanks for sharing Mark
keith

DianeDavis
05-04-2007, 07:24 AM
Thanks!! :D :D

Tommie_Huffman
05-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Hey from San Angelo again!! We tried to find you after Howl at the Moon with no luck! Let me know next time you are around here!