PDA

View Full Version : Not nearly as impressive as Jackie

D._Craig_Flory
04-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Hi group;

I'm about to leave for the 2nd of the 4 days of our Pa. convention. I didn't do nearly as well as Super Jackie but .. here are my results. We can enter four 16X20's and I got3 award of Quality 77's and an award of Excellence 80. I'll post all 4 asap but the 80 was of the geese. I ended up using the title "Hut, Two, Three, Four". There some amazing images entered and I was able to watch the judging for about a half-hour.

I gave the certification exam to two photographers Sunday morning starting at 11:00AM and both were finished by 12:10PM so they were pretty confident and knew their stuff.

Ok ... I off to Harrisburg now. See you all soon.

Lori_Clapp
04-23-2007, 12:34 PM
D. Craig - Congratulations!! Don't worry, all of our scores pale in comparison to Jackie's! But you did great! thanks for posting!!

StaceyDamon
04-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Nice Job, and CONGRATS!! Be well! Post 'em soon have fun at conference!

Linda_Gregory
04-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Congratulations! And thanks for letting us know the results. Were you able to hear any critiquing?

Oh, and welcome home!

David_A._Lottes
04-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Can I say i told you so? I really liked "Hen pecked". What's the count? Will we be calling you Master next January?

Deb_Wat
04-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Congrats Craig,

I loved the image of the geese.

D._Craig_Flory
04-23-2007, 11:36 PM
Hi group;

In answer to questions, I did get to sit in on the judging and today some of the judges critiqued my geese image that got the blue ribbon with a score of 80. Here are the first two images that got a score of 77 which is an award of quality. The farm was titled "Times Gone By".

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i93/DC47/TimesGoneByLowRes.jpg

And, the Jack Russell Terrier was titled "Jack in the Basket".

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i93/DC47/JackInTheBasketLowRes.jpg

D._Craig_Flory
04-23-2007, 11:42 PM
Hi group;

This next one was a senior portrait I did by a creek in a nature park near me. It was titled "Communing With Nature". On the low key images, they look much better under the judging lights and this senior portrait could have been printed down more.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i93/DC47/CommuningWithNatureLowRes.jpg

And here is my blue ribbon, 80 score image, which was titled "Hut, Two, Three, Four". In the print critique the judges all said how much they liked the fine art feel I gave it. The one negative comment was that I had the white feathers above the back feet a bit too bright. They also said that they like even numbers in an image and would have liked it more with 3 geese. Enjoy;

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i93/DC47/HutTwoThreeFourLowRes.jpg

Andrea_Chapelo
04-23-2007, 11:48 PM
Great job and thanks for posting the images.

DianeDavis
04-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Good Job Craig!!

Love them all.

Jane_Lydick_Staid
04-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Congrats to you Craig! I went 3 for 6 in nhppa with 2 79's

George_Hawkins
04-25-2007, 12:54 AM
Congrats to you Craig! I went 3 for 6 in nhppa with 2 79's

Jane, I also got 2 79's, but just one blue.

Don_Chick
04-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Congratulations Craig!!!

Keith_A_Howe
04-26-2007, 01:43 AM
Congrats D. Craig. Maybe we can meet up someday.
Keith

D._Craig_Flory
04-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Hi Keith;

Thanks. If you and Holly ever decide to visit Chocolate Town USA, Hershey, Pa. let me know. Also close by is the Amish Country where the movies "Witness" and also "For Richer or Poorer" were filmed among others.
(an ex prez of our state association is actually Amish ... obviously shunned since he's a photographer) He was technical advisor for those movies. An infamous place to visit is 12 miles from me ... Three Mile Island.

Hmmmm ... maybe you should send the bios for any programs the two of you may be doing. I first need to get Jim Lersch a teaching gig here and then I'll work you in. (as an aside - my most fond teaching memory. Several years ago I was teaching Photoshop at our state convention - at the same convention as the late Don Big Daddy Blair. I introduced myself and told him I was so proud to be teaching at the same convention as him and that I would get one of the last merits I needed for Craftsman. He congratulated me and told me to keep on plugging away towards Master now. That is one of my fondest memories.

Just remember. If you do come to Pennsylvania, and visit Hershey, prepare for gaining weight. When you go down Chocolate Avenue you breathe in lots of chocolate aroma and then when you go past Hershey's owned Reeses Peanut Butter Cups you breathe in peanut aroma. I blame my weight on being born in, and living close to, Hershey. :p

Jeff_Dachowski
04-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Craig,
Congratulations on your prints. Good for you! You know we are all pulling for you. Craig how about you come see me in October for a foliage/ covered bridge shoot? I have already visited you! Now it's your turn.
Jeff