PDA

View Full Version : Three beauties..

Alvaro_Balderas
04-12-2007, 09:47 PM
I hope you like this image for print Competition, it is one of my favorites images......Please Critique....

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t47/abc261273/Bellezas.jpg

Michael_Gan
04-12-2007, 09:58 PM
Nice Alvaro, but ya need to knock down the smart blur a bit. Do a lens blur on the background elements, my eyes are darting all over the image (especially the portrait behind the blond's head). Also, the posing stool on the middle girl. See if you can mask that a little (without her looking like she's sitting in mid air). Perhaps give the three girls more room around them. The crop is a bit tight.

Alvaro_Balderas
04-12-2007, 11:55 PM
Thanks Michael....

Lori_Clapp
04-13-2007, 12:34 AM
Wow - I love this - I really like the colors! That is not an opinion for comp or anything else that matters - I'm not qualified, just giving you my opinion. It's so different!!

Keith_A_Howe
04-13-2007, 04:09 AM
Alvaro
This is a intriguing image. I like the way you have positioned the girls creating a diagonal. The way you worked the colors of the gowns into the background. I get the feel of one or more of the girls being into design, because of the mannequin, magazine and sketchs on the floor. I like the portrait of, I assume mom, in the background as well. However there are several issues that would hold me back on this image. The lighting on the standing girl causes her hair to shade her eye. The angle of the painting is catching too much light making it grab too much attention and pointing out that it's placement is not handled real well. Mom's portrait, while adding an element of her to the image, again is not placed as well as it could be. We are covering just a bit too much of it and it adds confusion to the compostitional line you created with the girls. Plus it's completely out of color harmony with the rest of the image. If it had been higher, creating a triangle, it would have been more pleasing. While I do like soft focus, I feel the skintones are not in keeping with the detail in the dresses or the rest of the image. Michael hit it on the head. You need to lens blur the background to soften it and add a feeling of depth to the image. Micheal also hit on the posing stool - which is an issue as well as the small white triangle of paper? sticking in from the left hand side. In this type of busy image - i feel it's important to not have the background as bright as the subjects - let it fall off more - to add depth and minimize the visual confusion. The cropping concerns me - quite tight on the one girls head and an awkward cut on the bottom of the blonde girls feet. I would like to see more space around these girls. Great subjects - great story - just a miss on meriting for technical and compositional reasons in my opinion.

Keith

Alvaro_Balderas
04-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Thanks Michael and Keith for your critiques which are very useful.

Heike_O'Day
04-20-2007, 04:00 AM
I do like the colors you've chosen in this picture. I do like the skintones and the way the skin looks because of the blur you've chosen. It looks fake - in a good way. But I do agree with the other comments about the background. The picture does look very busy. I don't like that the most important part of the painting behind the girl on the left side is covered by her arm. And I don't quite get the story-telling part of your image!? I feel like asking "what's the point?" So, what were you trying to tell with this picture?

Hope, this doesn't come over too harsh! Will see how I do when I post my first picture here for some professional comments.

Alvaro_Balderas
04-30-2007, 02:23 AM
Heike, this image originally was not planned for "Print Competition" it is just a client's image, the Lady in the middle is a very Famous Fashion Designer here in My city, she asked me to make a portrait for her, she brought a Magazine with an Idea, and she brought to the studio several props like her Mother's Oil painting, a Mannequin, drawings, etc., Things that for her are very important or reveals her World. This image was stored in my hard disk like a year, then i decided to Make an Enlargement and i hanged it in my studio, People start talking about this image, it caused a commotion. The thing is despite its distractions it has good elements like "Impact", Color Repetition, A Nice diagonal, etc. This Image already Got a Merit in Mexico, in a regional print competition At Monterrey.