PDA

View Full Version : PPA-API On The Road

Jim_Lersch
03-28-2007, 01:21 PM
I hit the speaking trail again starting this weekend so all who want to get inspired again on high school seniors and commercial work are welcome! I'll be in Kansas City, MO this weekend (April 1st) at HOA, Alexandria, MN for MPPA on April 17th and North Conway, NH for NHPPA on both April 22nd and 23rd. Make sure to come up and introduce yourselves!

Linda_Gregory
04-06-2007, 12:06 AM
I did! :) Beware, he's shaved since his avatar pic.

Jim_Lersch
04-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Linda,

Had to shave, started looking like Kenny Rogers. My many thanks to the incredibly wonderful people that I met in Minnesota this week and I look forward to meeting everyone in New Hampshire this Saturday (Don, you're THE BEST, thanks for your help and understanding)!

MichaelImus
04-19-2007, 10:23 PM
Jim,

When are you coming to Reno? We even built your statue as promised :D

Jim_Lersch
04-20-2007, 03:35 AM
Hey Michael!

The statue looks great....the likeness is less than striking but hey, you can't have everything. Talk to the Nevada PP group and get me some contact info - I'll send 'em a packet and we'll do it. These programs are being extremely well received and if you want to learn, I want to teach!

Karen_Linsley
04-20-2007, 04:14 PM
Jim, there is no Nevada PP group! We folded a couple of years ago after struggling for several years with lack of attendance. :( Still miss it. Now I have to drive for two hours to attend Sacramento group and have a scheduling conflict with their meeting anyway so never get to go.

Maybe Michael and I should get together and talk about starting another one....what do you think Michael? We used to meet on Thursdays at the Sierra Pacific Power building in Reno.

Anyway Jim, if you come to Northern California, I would attend if the timing was right.

MichaelImus
04-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Hey Karen,

I am in! I would love to get one started up again!

Auralee_Dallas
04-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Hi Guys, I belong to the PP Sacramento Valley. It is a great group! If there is any way possible to squeeze in a meeting every now and then it would be a late, late nite, but well worth the drive. In May, we are having Fuzzy Dunkel and some other great speakers coming up.
Jim, here is the person who coordinates the speakers--Speakers/Workshops: Nathan Smith (916) 548-7602. I can get an email if you want me to.
A trip to CA might result in several speaking engagements.
Here is the website so you can check on what's going on and what might interest you.
http://ppsvonline.homestead.com/
Anyway it would be fun to meet you NV folks.
Auralee

MichaelImus
04-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Hey Auralee,

Would us NV folks be treated nice? of would we have to do all the dishes after the programs since we are from Nevada :D

Karen_Linsley
04-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Michael, I will send you a PM and we can talk.

Auralee, I would love to come to the Sacramento group, but unfortunately I have a major scheduling conflict. I take a class on Wednesday nights down in Carson City. It does not let out til 5 pm. If it was up at the lake I could hit the road quickly and zoom on down, but since it's in Carson there's really no way to make it in a timely fashion.

However, summer break begins in June and I will be able to come for the summer months, but class will start up again in September and I'll be out of commission for the winter, at least as far as Wednesday meeting in Sac go! ;)

D._Craig_Flory
04-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Hi Karen;

You liked our programs back in October. Why don't you just join the Prof. Photogs. of Pennsylvania ? You are wlecome and can give my name as a reference. :p

A suggestion would be to try forming an in studio group. You would meet in a different studio each time. Or ... the Central New Jersey group meets in a restaurant.

Karen_Linsley
04-20-2007, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE=D. Craig Flory;73128]Hi Karen;

You liked our programs back in October. Why don't you just join the Prof. Photogs. of Pennsylvania ? You are wlecome and can give my name as a reference. :p QUOTE]

Yes, I did enjoy the programs...and I also enjoyed PA. I told my SO (that's significant other) that next year we should take a road trip through that area. Vacation plans for the fall still up in the air....

Auralee_Dallas
04-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Michael--No dishes, all we have is a water cooler anyway. But I would introduce you to all my friends.
Karen, I totally understand about the skd conflicts. And Carson adds a lot of extra time to the trip. I know because I have a place in Carson and often have to make that trip.
But--we do have other things that happen on other days of the week.
Fuzzy Dunkel one day wkshop will happen in Concord (east bay area) on Friday May 11 and there will be another day long symposium in September in Sacramento and those usually happen on Sunday or Monday. I will try to remember to keep you and Michael posted on upcoming events of possible interest. Last Sept, we had Bambi Cantrell and it was a great fun. She is soooo funny.

Jim_Lersch
04-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Auralee/Michael/Karen:

I'd love to come out and do my seminars in CA! I'm leaving tomorrow to do 2 seminars in new hampshire but will contact Nathan Smith upon my return. The great thing is that you can get 2 diversely different seminars for one fee, both my Seniors My Way and Commercial Foir Dummies seminars. I'll keep in touch and thanks for the info, Auralee!

Karen_Linsley
04-21-2007, 03:45 PM
Fuzzy Dunkel, I've always wondered if that's his real name....I could do May 11 in the East Bay. Is that SVPPA, Auralee? I know the web address, I'll check it out.

Meanwhile....Michael and I will be talking about getting PPN going again (professional photographers of Nevada). Stay tuned, we will probably be posting questions about it here.

For those of you who are confused.....I do live in California, but only a mile away from the Nevada state line. The borders around here tend to get rather fuzzy (there's that word again!). Tahoe is pretty small, and sometimes it is impossible to get over the moutain to Sacramento in the winter (literally, the road closes!), so groups will usually form down in Reno, which is about an hour and a half away and a much easier drive (still over a mountain, but the road hardly ever closes).

And Jim, if you come to the Sac area, do the seminar on a weekday and all us wedding photographers can attend!

Auralee_Dallas
04-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Karen, and Michael too....
Here is the link to the info
http://ppsvonline.homestead.com/Program/Program3.html

Karen_Linsley
04-22-2007, 03:42 AM
Thanks Auralee, I've had that web site marked as a favorite for quite some time. I downloaded the flyer on the May 11 class, thinking seriously about going.

Jim_Lersch
04-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Karen,

I'm in New Hampshire right now (what a beautiful state!) and will investigate next week by contacting the person that Auralee suggested. Have a great Sunday in CA!