PDA

View Full Version : A Couple More for Consideration

Dave_Higgins
03-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Desert Layers & Tortured Existence

Art_Wright
03-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Dave, the first image has too much blank sky IMHO, the second APPEARS to have no true blacks...

Anne_LeBouton
03-09-2007, 01:11 AM
Crop the rocks top and bottom to eliminate part of the sky and all that scrubby vegetation in front and make it a long narrow image. Gary suggests Lucis Art, Wyeth (?) filter, 10-15% to make the contrast pop.

Dave_Higgins
03-09-2007, 03:24 AM
Anne,

Where do I go to get Lucis Art filters? Never mind. I found them.

Cheers,

Dave_Higgins
03-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the feedback on my post. Here is a new version of Desert Layers for your consideration. As always, your comments are welcomed.

Cheers,

Keith_A_Howe
03-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Dave these small files are hard to get a real look at the images. On landscape images be sure to have black blacks and still hold detail in the shadows. Watch that your horz line does not get too close to the center of the image or the presentation. Personally I would crop about 50% more off the sky as you see it on the Right hand side. Experiment with moving the image to the left so the brightest spot in the rocks is closer to a third intersection.
Good Luck Keith

Dave_Higgins
03-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Per Keith's comments.

Don_Chick
03-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Dave,

In the previous rev you had the matte distance (from image to edge) equal on the right and bottom. In the latest you don't - you might consider having those distances equal. For me, I wondered why the distance was so small on the last, it made the image "feel" shoved over to the left too far for me.... (fwiw)