PDA

View Full Version : Imaging USA 2008 Hotels

Gregory_Aide
03-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Imaging USA
Tampa, Florida
January 6-8, 2008

Important: Book your sleeping room early. If our room block is sold out before the cut-off date (see below), room availability and rates are not guaranteed, and reservations will be subject to prevailing availability and rates.

Headquarter Hotel

Marriott Tampa Waterside Hotel & Marina Downtown
700 South Florida Avenue
Tampa, FL 33602
813-221-4900
www.marriott.com (http://www.marriott.com)

A striking silhouette along the Channel River Walk, Tampa Marriott Waterside is a bay front hotel in the heart of Downtown and adjacent to the Tampa Convention Center. This hotel offers elegant amenities.

Convention rate: $132 (Single or Double);
$152 (Triple); $172 (Quad) plus tax
Cut-off Date: Wednesday, December 12, 2007
If our room block is sold out before the cut-off date, room availability and rates are not guaranteed, and reservations will be subject to prevailing availability and rates.
Call 800- 228-9290 or 813-221-4900 to make reservations.
Refer to sleeping room code: “Imaging USA” to get special rate.
All reservations must be guaranteed with a major credit card or accompanied by a first night room deposit.
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check out: 12:00 PM
Non Smoking Hotel
Parking: $16.00 daily
Approximately 6 miles from Tampa International AirportEmbassy Suites Hotel Tampa-Downtown-Convention Center
513 S. Florida Avenue
Tampa, FL 33602
813-769-8300
embassysuites.hilton.com (http://embassysuites.hilton.com)

The brand new Embassy Suites is located in the heart of Downtown Tampa, and connected to the Tampa Convention Center by a sky bridge. It is an all suite property. Convention rate includes daily complimentary cooked to order breakfast and night Manager’s Reception.

Convention Rate: $149 (Standard/Double);
$169 (Triple/Quad) plus tax
Cut-off Date: December 3, 2007
If our room block is sold out before the cut-off date, room availability and rates are not guaranteed, and reservations will be subject to prevailing availability and rates.
Call 813-769-8300 to make reservations.
All reservations must be guaranteed with a major credit card or accompanied by a first night room deposit.
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Non Smoking Hotel
Parking: $16.00 daily
Approximately 6 miles from Tampa International AirportHyatt Regency Tampa Downtown
Two Tampa City Center
Tampa, FL 33602
813-225-1234
www.tampa.regency.hyatt.com (http://www.tampa.regency.hyatt.com)

The Hyatt Regency Downtown is ideally located in the heart of the city, within minutes of the Tampa Convention Center.

Convention Rate: $132 (Standard/Double);
$157 (triple); $182 (Quad) plus tax
Cut-off Date: December 6, 2007
Call 813-225-1234 or 800-233-1234 to make reservations.
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Non Smoking Hotel
Parking: approximately $16.00 daily
Approximately 6 miles from Tampa International Airport

Howard_Kier
03-30-2007, 06:22 AM
Just made my reservation. Nice thing about Hyatt is that they do not charge one night to your CC now. They just want the number in case you do not show up.

JE_Hedges_Photography
03-31-2007, 01:56 PM
I'm confirmed for the Embassy too! :D

George_Hawkins
03-31-2007, 03:15 PM
Embassy Suites has included breakfast and afternoon liquid reception!!!
Stayed at one in New Orleans for Imaging, Austin, and San Antonio.
I booked, and may be visiting sister over new years, just south of Sarasota, and make a longer time in the south, than I did at Imaging(s) before.

Valerie_Harte
04-04-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm at Embassy too... I have stayed with them before and LOVE them. See you all there! Tampa is one of my favorite places so January can't get here fast enough!

Lori_Clapp
04-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Embassy Suites for me too! (I think Jackie H. and diane and Zack are booked there also) Sounds like a party!!!

Jeb_Blann
04-04-2007, 07:19 PM
How convenient is this? I am going to be at DisneyWorld with my family from 1/5-1/12/08...

Andrea_Chapelo
04-04-2007, 07:20 PM
I just booked mine at Embassy...Maybe I will finally get to meet some of you all! I can't wait. :)

Derek_Alvarez
04-04-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm booked in Embassy and Andrea you have to say y'all here in the south

Andrea_Chapelo
04-04-2007, 07:49 PM
I'm booked in Embassy and Andrea you have to say y'all here in the south

Okay Derek...Maybe I will get to meet ya'll:p :D

D._Craig_Flory
04-04-2007, 07:58 PM
If the convention is ever in Philadelphia ... one word to remember is Yo' . (as in Yo' ... Derek ! ) To that end, a place to visit would be the art museum where a big statue of Rocky' sits. (and running all the way to the top of the steps is a must) And, of course, everyone would have to eat a cheese steak.

If the convention is ever in Hershey, be prepared to gain weight by breathing in all the chocolate aromas and peanuts aroma from the Reeses peanut Butter Cup Pant too.

Liz_Vance
04-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Hey! I'm at Embassy Suites, too! I looked at it on Google Earth, but I think the picture was taken a while ago.

As of right now, this is going to be my first trip without kids in *years* (unless something comes up before then).

Liz

Derek_Alvarez
04-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Liv

What happens in Tampa stays in Tampa:D :eek: :cool:

Valerie_Harte
04-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Derek... unless its a piercing or a tatoo... I came back with belly jewelry last time I was there.... Tampa ROCKS... I have had way too much fun there in the past. I went to see Buffet there one year... they definitely know how to have fun and now this bunch is going down there? Uh oh... I smell trouble... hehehehe

JE_Hedges_Photography
04-05-2007, 05:27 AM
Liz,
I did the same thing... did a Google Earth search and seems that neither the Embassy or Marriott were there at the time the pic was taken. What I love about the Embassy is the Skywalk to the convention center. Not that we should have to worry about cold temps in Florida... but I don't want any surprises like this past year! For three years in a row I have stayed at Imaging USA partner hotels, but never at the Hilton/"Main" hotel. Therefore, I always had a three to four block walk to the convention center. Well New Orleans, and both times in Texas, walking to a convention center at 6:30am in January is cold any way you look at it... and this past year was the worst! So... Tampa... Florida... Skywalk... Free Breakfast and Dinner... and the honor of "The Alvarez" staying at the same hotel.. I mean.. how can any of us go wrong???

Liz_Vance
04-06-2007, 12:49 AM
Julie - the skywalk was the clincher for me, too! In New Orleans, I was at a really nice hotel, but it was just far enough from the convention center that there was no way I was going to walk it at 6:30. I hated even having to get up early enough for the shuttle. (I'm so not a morning person.)

Derek_Alvarez
04-06-2007, 02:49 AM
Well , it was in the 80's here in Jan and i'm 2hour north of Tampa

So we should be fine!

George_Hawkins
04-06-2007, 02:50 AM
The breakfast and the "reception" which is not dinner - cocktail hour! does it for me. For New Orleans, a friend suggested Embassy, but they did not like room they were give, and they went elsewhere. It was a near enough walk that they came over and had cocktails with me!

Don_Nealious
04-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Now why did we make reservations at the Marriott Tampa Waterside Hotel & Marina Downtown?

Don Nealious

George_Hawkins
04-11-2007, 12:10 AM
Now why did we make reservations at the Marriott Tampa Waterside Hotel

Because, if I remember correctly, it's listed as the "convention" hotel; meaning that some events will likely be held there. From a map on line, either is as near as the other to convention center.

George

Liz_Vance
04-13-2007, 05:34 PM
Ooooh.... the breakfast I knew about... but not the happy hour(s). :)

Tracy_McGee
05-10-2007, 04:44 AM
Anyone know how far the convention is from Disney World? I'm trying to make plans to go this year. This would be my first time. ;)

ChontelleBrown
05-10-2007, 10:25 AM
Tracy-
You will take I4 from Tampa to Lake Buena Vista. I think it's an hour or so depending on traffic.

If you go to Disney, stay at one of their resorts. The convenience is so worth the little extra you will pay. Just don't stay at one of the Disney value resorts, I have not heard good things about them.

Have fun!

Tim_Babin
05-10-2007, 03:16 PM
I did the Marriot. I like to be in the hotel that host the convention if I can.

Tracy_McGee
05-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Tracy-
You will take I4 from Tampa to Lake Buena Vista. I think it's an hour or so depending on traffic.

If you go to Disney, stay at one of their resorts. The convenience is so worth the little extra you will pay. Just don't stay at one of the Disney value resorts, I have not heard good things about them.

Have fun!Oh *I* wasn't planning to go to Disney. I was thinking I could bribe my husband into going by making it a family vacation, and maybe meet my inlaws up there as well. Then when they headed out to Disney, I would head to the convention LOL! But that would only work if they were closer together I guess.

Tracy_McGee
05-10-2007, 07:41 PM
The trade show at the convention would be better than Disney World for me LOL! :p

Howard_Barlow
05-19-2007, 02:57 AM
I'll be at the Marriott. Maybe I shouldn't tell that till they sell out.

Whoops! Cancelled. I will be in Warsaw, Poland. Or, Riga, Latvia. Or, Vilnius, Lithuania. Oh well. Everybody's got to be somewhwere.

Jane_Lydick_Staid
08-24-2007, 09:44 PM
Ok the main hotel and the embassy suites are sold out. Any feedback on the others? My husband will be traveling with me and he wants a pool and things to do while I do my own thing. We would prefer to stay within a short distance of the convention center.

andiegoodman
08-25-2007, 05:30 AM
If the convention is ever in Philadelphia ... one word to remember is Yo' . (as in Yo' ... Derek ! ) To that end, a place to visit would be the art museum where a big statue of Rocky' sits. (and running all the way to the top of the steps is a must) And, of course, everyone would have to eat a cheese steak.

If the convention is ever in Hershey, be prepared to gain weight by breathing in all the chocolate aromas and peanuts aroma from the Reeses peanut Butter Cup Pant too.

Not for a bit, Craig. '09 is in Phoenix.

andiegoodman
08-25-2007, 05:35 AM
Ok the main hotel and the embassy suites are sold out. Any feedback on the others? My husband will be traveling with me and he wants a pool and things to do while I do my own thing. We would prefer to stay within a short distance of the convention center.

Already? I have no clue what I am doing yet except I know I will be there. My daughter is going to be my sponsor and she is thrilled I asked her.

Marc_Benjamin
08-25-2007, 07:22 AM
Ok the main hotel and the embassy suites are sold out. Any feedback on the others?

Heavens that's just crazy! it's like 4 months away. Heck, I havent even decided if I'm going just because I might still book something for that weekend.

Michael_Gan
08-25-2007, 03:23 PM
If I remembered right, the top two hotels were booked by August last year.

JE_Hedges_Photography
08-25-2007, 09:41 PM
I've registered, but will be attending by myself. Anyone want to be my buddy? If yes, just send me PM. All I have to do is contact PPA and add you as my guest and you just send me $99.50 for your portion of the buddy registration. Let me know!

Jane_Lydick_Staid
08-25-2007, 11:49 PM
How does that work Julie? My husband used to be in photography and now he works in the swimming pool industry, is coming with me but I doubt he wants to go to the trade show etc.

JE_Hedges_Photography
08-26-2007, 01:18 AM
Jane, the two for one buddy pass, which I purchased, provides registration for two PPA members. It provides my badge and my guests badge with both of our printed names. It allows you to go to all of the classes and in and out of the expo. When I receive them in the mail, I will USPS Priority Mail the badge out to my guest. Let me know if you're interested. If yes, I need your name, studio name, and your membership number so I can call PPA and add you. It allows you to get credit for going to Imaging USA.

Aurora_Onorato
08-26-2007, 01:51 AM
I'd really like to go again but I think I need a buddy and a roomate to swing th $$ this year anyone want a roomate?

George_Hawkins
08-26-2007, 12:49 PM
Already? I have no clue what I am doing yet except I know I will be there. My daughter is going to be my sponsor and she is thrilled I asked her.

Andie,

What's your new degree? I'll try to make the audience!

George

andiegoodman
08-27-2007, 05:14 AM
George, I am getting my Crafts(wo)man. Jane and I put on programs and SuperMondays together. I am thrilled we are both going to be there and you will be our official photographer. :D

Now I am going solo with my program and SuperMondays down here in Lancaster instead of NH. Wish me luck!

Jane_Lydick_Staid
08-27-2007, 10:51 PM
Hi Julie,

That sounds great, I will send you my information in a PM.

Thanks,

Diane_Schafer
09-15-2007, 04:48 AM
Ha! I'm booked at my in-laws house in Tampa... looking forward to meeting everyone.

Lori_Clapp
09-15-2007, 03:35 PM
I may possibly have or need a buddy pass (but not a roommate) for Imaging. Anyone still looking for a buddy? (it's not for sure yet....)

Gregory_Aide
10-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Just FYI Everybody

Marriott Tampa Waterside Hotel & Marina is Sold out and so is the Sheraton Tampa Riverwalk Hotel

Nancy_Catherine_Walker
10-15-2007, 03:22 PM
This is my first PPA event. I signed up for EPIC training and will be staying at the Westin. It was hard to choose what to sign up for since there are so many classes offered that look interesting. EPIC sounded the most intriguing for now but I know I'll be looking to sign up for others at the next event. :)

George_Hawkins
10-15-2007, 11:40 PM
This is my first PPA event. I signed up for EPIC training and will be staying at the Westin. It was hard to choose what to sign up for since there are so many classes offered that look interesting. EPIC sounded the most intriguing for now but I know I'll be looking to sign up for others at the next event. :)

I don't know about the EPIC classes. At all the regular sessions (not pre-convention) of PPA, advance sign up is not done - just wait at the door of scheduled room. Some will fill fast, so line up or enter and get a seat earlier than the scheduled time.

George

andiegoodman
10-16-2007, 09:44 PM
I am still looking for a "buddy" if anyone is interested. Please PM me ASAP. Thanks

andiegoodman
12-07-2007, 12:45 AM
Is anyone still looking for a roommate for the convention? I have confirmed reservations at the Marriott and am looking to share. My resies are from the 4th -8th but would like to extend it one more day and check out on the 9th.

Contact me asap if this works for you.

Andie
717-575-4169