PDA

View Full Version : I hope you don't mind a few questions

Tracy_McGee
03-03-2007, 02:55 AM
I've seen most competition prints digitally mounted. Someone told me at the VPPA conference last weekend that their lab does that. Is that the case with everyone? Or do you digitally matte them yourselves? If your lab does it, how to you size your image?

Are there any unspoken rules of how/where to matte them on the 16x20? I've looked and just see any size/shape, so long as it's a 16x20.

For SEPPA, I read the cost is $95. Is that for any number up to four in the case? Does that mean it costs the same to enter 1 as it does 4? (I've been reading trying to figure out where to start to enter for SEPPA, but I can't find some of my answers.)

I've never done this before, and last weekend was my first convention, so I'm trying to learn, but I'd hate to be disqualified for a stupid mistake. So any suggestions and advice would be beyond appreciated!!! :o

Mark_Levesque
03-03-2007, 03:13 AM
Most people digitally matte themselves. It's a matter of control and artistic intent.

As to where to mount, it's up to you. It is often done in such a manner as to place the center of interest on a rule of thirds intersection point, golden mean point, or bakker saddle intersection.

Typically, the entry price for print comp is for any number up to the "full case" quantity.

Definitely obtain the print rules for the comp you are planning on entering.

Tracy_McGee
03-03-2007, 03:21 AM
Thanks Mark! The rules read pretty well, but leave quite a bit of room for misinterpretation. Now I have 45 minutes to decide if I want to submit the other 3 for the print special at WHCC! :p