PDA

View Full Version : Rick Carpenter is Master Photographer of the Year!!!!

Lori_Clapp
03-02-2007, 12:49 AM
Okay, Rick posted my news here - so here is Rick's news, which he is too humble to brag about - so I'll brag for him!

Rick won Master Photographer of the Year at Rocky Mountain. He also won Best of Show, and the Fuji Masterpiece Award AND the Kodak Gallery Award! Sorry - I don't know all the terms and awards - but I think he pretty much won them all!

AND...he had a print that scored a 98!!!! He also had one that scored 95, and another really high score, but I forgot what it was!!

Liz_Vance
03-02-2007, 02:18 AM
Okay, Rick posted my news here - so here is Rick's news, which he is too humble to brag about - so I'll brag for him!

Rick won Master Photographer of the Year at Rocky Mountain. He also won Best of Show, and the Fuji Masterpiece Award AND the Kodak Gallery Award! Sorry - I don't know all the terms and awards - but I think he pretty much won them all!

AND...he had a print that scored a 98!!!! He also had one that scored 95, and another really high score, but I forgot what it was!!

Way to go, Rick! Now you have to show us those images. Pretty please? With sugar on top? :)

Liz

Lori_Clapp
03-02-2007, 02:31 AM
Yeah Rick - come on!! We are dying to see this 98!!! Please!

Valerie_Harte
03-02-2007, 02:07 PM
Pretty, pretty, please.... I am trying the southern batting my eyelashes thing but it just won't show on the boards. LOL

D._Craig_Flory
03-02-2007, 02:22 PM
I want to add to the praises .... way to go Rick !!!

I do want to ask ... I always wondered what ever happened to Richard Carpenter after the rock and roll world lost his sister Karen. So, how musical is this Richard Carpenter ? :p

Dave_Higgins
03-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Way to go Rick. I too would like to see the images.

Liz_Vance
03-02-2007, 06:08 PM
I want to add to the praises .... way to go Rick !!!

I do want to ask ... I always wondered what ever happened to Richard Carpenter after the rock and roll world lost his sister Karen. So, how musical is this Richard Carpenter ? :p

I clearly have way too much time on my hands.

From the RichardandKarenCarpenter.com website:

RICHARD CARPENTER TO PERFORM with daughters TRACI and MINDI

Richard, Traci and Mindi will perform on September 20, 2006 at the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza, Kavli Theater, in the first Richard Carpenter Scholarship Awards Competition Show. Competitors will be both high school and college level students, as well as non-student performers. Special guest Herb Alpert will be in the panel of three judges.

Nothing on the site alludes to a career in photography, sadly.

-e

Richard_J._Carpenter
03-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Sorry it took so long to upload. The first image is in Moran's Inspirtation scored 98 at Rocky Mountain States Affiliated print competition. The second print is Waiting for spring scored 95. and Winter Camp scored 85.
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q185/JudsonRickPhoto/InspirationbyMoran.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q185/JudsonRickPhoto/WinterCoat2.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q185/JudsonRickPhoto/WinterCampbyearlylight.jpg

Mark_Levesque
03-03-2007, 12:23 AM
Love the images; enclosed by [ img ] tags, they will appear in-line.

Liz_Vance
03-03-2007, 12:36 AM
Wow. Seriously. Wow. Those are fantastic.

Lori_Clapp
03-03-2007, 01:53 AM
Thanks for sharing Rick - those are awesome! I guess we know why you have "Master" after your name! Wow!

Valerie_Harte
03-03-2007, 02:07 AM
Wow- Beautiful images. I am speechless....