PDA

View Full Version : one more for critique

Roger_Williams
03-01-2007, 12:48 AM
Not sure about this one but it was a natural event. I call it
"When a tree falls in the woods,,,,, It gets back up" Too long of a title or not:confused:

Thanks
Roger

Dave_Cisco
03-01-2007, 03:28 AM
Don't think this is going to fly...and yes, the title is too long...7 words max.

D._Craig_Flory
03-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Hi Roger;

I agree with Dave, I don't see that as a competition image. I do disagree with him on length of a title. I always recommend no more than five words. To preface that ... one word titles are the absolute best. Think about how judging works. The judges are sitting there. Someone announces the title and the panel has a couple of seconds to digest that and try to figure out what it means. Then the print appears. Hopefully the judges are not disappointed (as in a great title where the print doesn't live to expectations OR the title makes no sense or is out of context with the image) If the title was too long they are trying to remember it and figure out why the maker chose it.

Consider this: you submit an image of a cool mountain stream, lazily meandering through the woods, and give it a title of "Creek Lazily Working it's Way Through The Woods" ... do you think that would work as well as "Tranquility" ?

I hope this helps you.

Sherry_Marshall
03-02-2007, 01:39 PM
It goes to show I shoot way too many maternity images, but I see a pregnant profile...

D._Craig_Flory
03-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Hi Sherry;

I am sure that you will be contacted by a site administrator soon. You need to add your last name in this forum. It can show with your avatar or aty the bottom of your posts.

BTW ... I liked your "pregnant" tree analogy.