PDA

View Full Version : Lori's holding out on you

Keith_A_Howe
02-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Lori knows her print scores and she hasn't shared them here yet. Maybe she needs a little encouragement . . .

Keith

DianeDavis
02-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Go Lori!!

You are a Rock Star.

D._Craig_Flory
02-26-2007, 08:38 PM
Hi Lori;

Come on ... share with us please !

Linda_Gregory
02-27-2007, 03:03 AM
Whoo Whoo Whoo! Go Lori!!!! Let's hear 'em!

Zack_Davis
02-27-2007, 03:23 AM
She probably just partied a little to hardy and is trying work off the hangover. :D :p

DianeDavis
02-27-2007, 03:46 AM
We know that she did it at Imaging, so maybe???

Lori_Clapp
02-27-2007, 04:34 AM
Sorry, I've been at our conference! Okay, I am going to tell you my scores and my sister's scores. I am not posting them to brag, so please don't anyone take it that way. The only reason I am posting them is that we would never have done as well as we did without all the help we got on this forum. I told our friends at the conference how much help you all are, and that they really need to get on this forum and ask questions because they can learn so much here!! So thank you everyone for your help with our prints, and for putting up with all the times I posted them asking for help and critique!!

My gold car - "Gold Standard" scored an 87, and first place in Illustrative, it got Judge's Choice, and it won the Kodak Gallery Award.

Vicki's print of "Hauntingly Familiar" scored an 86, 2nd place in Illustrative, Judge's Choice, and the Fuji Gallery Award

My House image - the one Holly flipped and got rid of the background, etc., scored an 82, and 3rd place in Illustrative.

Vicki's cars "I'll Show you Mine if you show me yours" scored an 80.

Her Hitch-hiker scored a 77, and her horse in the snow got a 76.

My "Who Needs Them, Anyway" scored an 80, but one of the Judge's wanted to talk about it and it scored 79 on the re-score. It got a blue ribbon for the Children category, but was the only entry in the category.

My "Sara's Got a Secret" scored a 79. It also got a blue ribbon for Female Portrait - and was also the only one in that category (the others were disqualified for size I think)

Anyway - we were thrilled. We entered more to learn than to actually win.

I won Photographer of the Year, Best of Show, and Best First Timer Award. I know I would not have done nearly as well without your help. In fact, I probably would have been lucky to have one merit print on my own!!!

So, like I said, please don't think I am bragging - I'm not. You all won these awards right along with us!!

Lori_Clapp
02-27-2007, 04:37 AM
One more thing - Keith was exactly right on the order he thought my prints would score, and Holly was very close on how she thought Vicki's would do - she just had the last two reversed! Go Howe's!!!

And the Judge's LOVED Holly's title on Vicki's cars!!

Marc_Benjamin
02-27-2007, 05:54 AM
I won Photographer of the Year, Best of Show, and Best First Timer Award.

Wow Photog of the year w/ a KGallery award at regionals! Congrats congrats and I'm really looking forward to seeing gold standard at Nationals (automatic seal right?) next year.

Deb_Wat
02-27-2007, 06:16 AM
I am super impressed. Nice job. Congrats!

Andrea_Chapelo
02-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Lori,
That is awesome! I loved watching as you posted and reposted your images. Thank you for listing the scores. It has helped me learn and maybe someday I will enter a competition and I can grow up to be just like you:D Congrats, now go party like your polly pocket twin. LOL

Mark_Levesque
02-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Awesome job, Lori & sister! Now, perhaps, we'll see the sort of self-assuredness that is clearly well deserved. Great stuff.

Cassandra_Sullivan
02-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Wow Lori! I'm sooo excited for you!! Congratulations!!

Valerie_Kieselhorst
02-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Congratulations!
Entering a print competition is one of my goals for 2007. Reading all the threads about print competition and how exciting it is definitely gives me the itch!

Auralee_Dallas
02-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Congratulations!!!!! That's fabulous. You both should be proud of yourselves.

JohnHeckler
02-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Congrats Lori (and your sis)! Those were some great images and the accolades are well deserved!

jeffhaynie
02-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Wow! Way to go!

D._Craig_Flory
02-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Hi Lori;

What I'm curious about is this ... will you still talk to us now that you are a star ? And will you be charging for your autograph ? :D

Way to go ... I'm proud of you both !!!

Lori_Clapp
02-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Thank you everyone - couldn't have done it without this forum!

And Marc, it wasn't regionals - just state!

Don_Eisenhart
02-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Lori,

I am not worthy!

I am not worthy!

D._Craig_Flory
02-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Lori,

I am not worthy!

I am not worthy!

Now that I recognize as a line from Wayne's World when Wayne and Garth meet "Alice Cooper" backstage. So in keeping with the movie, next Lori should put out her ring for you to kiss. :rolleyes:

Dan_Leary
02-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Congratulations Lori! I have to say, your image of the car was my favorite. I don't know why, it just stuck with me. Congrats again... it couldn't happen to a nicer person.

PS- That Gallery Award sure is pretty isn't it...

Don_Eisenhart
02-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Now that I recognize as a line from Wayne's World when Wayne and Garth meet "Alice Cooper" backstage. So in keeping with the movie, next Lori should put out her ring for you to kiss. :rolleyes:

Wanye's World. Netflix. In the queue.

Valerie_Harte
02-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Holy S Lori.... You SHOULD brag that's phenomenal- congrats!

DianeDavis
02-27-2007, 05:44 PM
If that isn't something to brag about, you will never have anything!!

You go - do a press release, change your marketing materials and ride this success hard!!

Sue_Ellen_Tuttle
02-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Way to go, Lori!!!!! I love this forum...it is So helpful!!!

Don_Chick
02-27-2007, 10:28 PM
Congratulations Lori!!!

Now you have a year to gather images and do it again next year!!!