PDA

View Full Version : Title Help too...

Valerie_Harte
02-18-2007, 07:19 PM
I usually love titles but I can't get it right with this one...

The best I have so far is Waiting to be Her...

I want something that tells the story that this is the prima ballerina and they all admire and adore her yet as soon as she as gone these girls (or others like them) will be stepping up to be her... (kind of like the fact that they are faded into the shadow makes them look like they are stepping up into her... yet they are in the shadows now..... )

I don't know.... I'm stuck. The fact that I need to figure it out by Thursday has put what's left of my brain in lock mode....

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u36/vharte/WaitingintheWingsxsmall.jpg

Keith_A_Howe
02-18-2007, 10:34 PM
It's My Turn, Coming into the light, or Steppin into the light.
Keith

Mark_Turner
02-18-2007, 10:41 PM
Waiting in the Wings

Stan_Lawrence
02-18-2007, 11:21 PM
"Damn, my toe hurts" Sorry, couldn't resist....;)

KirkDarling
02-19-2007, 12:42 AM
"Prima...for now."

Valerie_Harte
02-19-2007, 01:10 AM
Kirk- that is EXACTLY what I was going for. Thank you.

Stan, having been there- I cringed first and then LMAO... Love it! heheh

Thanks everyone. Hopefully my prints will make it back in time to enter state- if not I will need some help choosing the 4 for regional. I really last minuted this one.

D._Craig_Flory
02-19-2007, 01:10 PM
Hi Valerie;

"The Understudy".

Karen_Smith
02-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Have you tried converting this image to b&w?? Could you post it so we could see it? It's a nice image and I think it would have so much more impact b&w.

D._Craig_Flory
02-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Hi Valerie;

Here is how I see this image. I hope it helps you see some possibilities.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i93/DC47/WaitingintheWingsxsmallEnhanced.jpg

Karen_Smith
02-19-2007, 07:36 PM
I played a little, converted to b&w and put a little more space in front of her. I did a quick job stretching the floor, but you would have the original to work on. Just some thoughts, hope you don't mind.

Don_Eisenhart
02-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Hi Valerie;

"The Understudy".

I really like that one Val 'cause your eye bounces around between the two girls. It make the girl in the light not the main subject and make the girl in the shadows the subject.

Valerie_Harte
02-20-2007, 01:18 AM
Don- Better than Prima for now?

Craig- I do like it flipped with the different mat. I did adjust it bit before printing but didn't like it when I flipped it... must be your magic touch. LOL.

D._Craig_Flory
02-20-2007, 12:37 PM
Good morning Valerie;

I'm glad I posted something that helps you. When I teach Photoshop, my step-mounts are always something that is popular.

Your appreciation made my morning so here is a Pa. Dutch Treat:
http://www.oldfashionedliving.com/holidays/fastnachts.html Today is Fastnacht Day in Pennsylvania .... enjoy and I hope you make some. My wife is getting a couple dozen today.

Valerie_Harte
02-20-2007, 03:40 PM
yummy! I guess for lent I am giving up dieting. LOL. :-) This will definitely be a step up from the biscuits with a hole in the middle fried in oil my grandmother taught me. Thank you!

As a side note- your posts almost always help me, even when they aren't directed to me.