PDA

View Full Version : PPA Ribbon colors and Bars

Marc_Benjamin
02-17-2007, 05:58 AM
I have a pretty good handle on the merit system but I need a little bit of help on the bars and the different color ribbon's for nationals.

Ok, yellow is master, blue is craftsmen and of course the combination but what about red, black and I think I've seen a green some time ago.

Anyone?

KirkDarling
02-17-2007, 06:43 AM
What, I have to learn bars and ribbons again? ;-) and a tip of the "cover" to any other former military.

Marc_Benjamin
02-17-2007, 07:02 AM
I know and to think about it, probably the reason that I'm interested in this stuff was because of all those years in the boy scouts chasing after those badges!

Holly_Howe
02-17-2007, 02:32 PM
White is Master Artist, red is Master of Electronic Imaging. Any other colors you have seen are state degrees. For example my state degree - called Diamond Fellow- is burgundy. The bars are received after a degree a bar for each additional 25 merits you earn. There is also a bar for 50 print merits. It is a sort of coppery bronzy gold antiqued and says PHOTO +50 on it. The regular bars are shiny gold. The other insigna include the Star trek pin or POTY award- a triangular pin - for hanging 4 prints at national in one year. There is also a medallion that is added to your ribbon for Imaging Excellance - 13 loan images. It is black and gold with a diamond set in it. Hope this helps.
Holly

KirkDarling
02-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Hope this helps.
Holly

Thanks, Holly. PPA and the regionals ought to post images of them; we're in the image business, after all.

Marc_Benjamin
02-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Thanks Holly,

What colors do Honorary Masters get?

D._Craig_Flory
02-17-2007, 03:26 PM
What, I have to learn bars and ribbons again? ;-) and a tip of the "cover" to any other former military.

Hi Kirk;

Ok ... good conduct, national defense, outstanding unit award, and presidential unit citation. Oh ... you weren't looking for military ribbons we had! :p
In my state I hold the Pa. C.P.P. Commission Medalion ... 50 state merits after being certified & joining. That is a red ribbon with a bronze medalion. I also hold the Pa. state service degree (with a bar) for service to the state association. That's a light blue ribbon with a sort of pewter color medalion.

Holly_Howe
02-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Thanks Holly,

What colors do Honorary Masters get?

Trying to remember what Monte's was - uhm . . . I think it was yellow maybe with a silver medal? Not sure. I'll look it up later.

Holly

Marc_Benjamin
02-17-2007, 03:51 PM
The other insigna include the Star trek pin or POTY award- a triangular pin - for hanging 4 prints at national in one year.
Holly

Also, funny you mentioned this... Someone at my local made the star trek commment. She goes, is that from the star trek convention?

Anyways, I think I saw a black line on Bert Benkehs's ppa linyard along with the blue and yellow and maybe red. Could that be for past ppa president?

Michael_Gan
02-17-2007, 04:28 PM
That might be the honorary Masters that all the PP's get. Also, there is the silver ribbon (well, it looks more like gray) for the Fellowship of American Society of Photographers (F-ASP) Which is like a Doctoral Degree to the PPA Masters. I can't remember what the ASP-A is, as John Woodward is "getting his in the mail".

Marc_Benjamin
02-17-2007, 05:54 PM
That might be the honorary Masters that all the PP's get. Also, there is the silver ribbon (well, it looks more like gray) for the Fellowship of American Society of Photographers (F-ASP) Which is like a Doctoral Degree to the PPA Masters. I can't remember what the ASP-A is, as John Woodward is "getting his in the mail".

I'm trying to remember if the ASP colors are merged into the PPA lineyards/ribbons.

John's getting his in the mail? Don't they give those out at the ASP party during the convention?

Michael_Gan
02-17-2007, 07:05 PM
They're all separate Ribbons. John's ribbon somehow didn't get to him in time for the banquet, so Kalen Henderson lent hers for the ceremony.

JohnHeckler
02-17-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm tellin' ya all ... we need a PPA Wiki for all this information :D

D._Craig_Flory
03-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Hi group;

I had a chance to quickly do an image of my medalions. The one on the left is the Pennsylvania Certification Group's medalion ... for a total of 50 state merits ... print and service. The middle one is the PPA Photographic Craftsman Degree. And the one on the right is the Pa. state service degree ... with a bar for additional service.

Ok ... others post yours.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i93/DC47/MedalionsLowRes.jpg

Cheri_MacCallum
06-01-2007, 10:19 PM
I have one merit to go to get my MEI. My ribbon will be red, white and blue!!! Cool!!