PDA

View Full Version : Nightmares?

Jackie_Haggerty
02-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Does anyone have nightmares before these competitions?

Last night, I had a dream that I had to have my prints shipped directly to the location of the comp, that there wasn't enough time for them to ship to me, and me to pack a case. So, when I opened the box at comp, they were images from 3 years ago that the lab mixed up, and someone looking over my shoulder as I unpacked the box and scoring them at 45 - 50. ONE of my prints got there correctly, and they had one "spot open" for an 80, it was between mine and another persons image, and had to have a crowd vote on the image. I still don't know if mine made it or not. :o

NOW I am even wondering if I will make it there! They are calling for 12 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow, and it's a couple of hours away for me. :eek: :(

Derek_Alvarez
02-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Sounds like bad seafood to me! maybe try Tums before bed!

Jackie_Haggerty
02-12-2007, 06:43 PM
It's all bad seafood in Illinois.... fresh FROZEN . :p

Marc_Benjamin
02-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Hahaha that's really funny! I know I've had competition dreams but can really remember what they were about.

Holly_Howe
02-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Jackie - The first time I ever entered - I couldn't sleep the whole week before competition. I just knew either I would do bad and and everyone would laugh at me and say "who does she think she is" OR if I did well - everybody would say "Well you know Keith did them all for her". Actually I did do fairly well my first time - Top Ten and a Gallery Award for weddings. And there was one guy that grumbled to everybody that Keith had done my prints - which wasn't true. But niether of my worst fears came true.

I worked print crew with a guy once that had to leave the room to throw up after each of his prints were scored. People in the HOA region would be shocked if I named him here cause now he is considered one of the greats - but back when it was his first time he threw up! So everybody gets nervous, it's okay! We will keep our fingers crossed against the snow for you. Maybe it will all stay here. we were supposed to get 1" total but there is already 4" of new snow on the ground.

Holly

Anne_LeBouton
02-12-2007, 07:36 PM
I have nightmares and their not even my prints! I used to do all the artwork on Gary's competition prints but now that we use digital, I do the basic stuff and he does the final tweaking and any thing creative he plans on doing to it. When you do artwork on someone else's prints for competition it can be nervewracking. You are always afraid that something you did or didn't do is going to have a negative impact on the score, hence the nightmares!

Keith_A_Howe
02-12-2007, 07:42 PM
When you do artwork on someone else's prints for competition it can be nervewracking. You are always afraid that something you did or didn't do is going to have a negative impact on the score, hence the nightmares! Well Stated Keith

Anne_LeBouton
02-12-2007, 07:49 PM
My most recurring nightmare theme involves wandering through the print display at our state convention and looking for Gary's prints. Usually only the higher scoring prints are up and no matter how hard I search, I can't find his.

Linda_Gregory
02-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Keith,

I've printed three of mine today and found I'd left two others on my computer at home.

I'm working on the sixth and not happy with it but guidance is all I need/want! and that you gave in spades yesterday.

I've tweaked some things since then but mostly it's a matter of letting me know I'm on the right track or getting me back ON the right track.

You did great. I take full responsibility!!