PDA

View Full Version : Love Takes Center Stage - final

JohnHeckler
02-11-2007, 11:02 PM
Ok, I'm going to send this to the lab ... I have spent too much time on this and at this point just want to be done ... but ... give me any last minute thougths if you feel compelled, thanks!

I am using WHCC also and hope I have the density set correctly. I took Keith's advice and adjusted levels to .85 which I thought looked good. I then masked out the levels adjustment in some of the shadows.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k7/jthphotography/2007%20Mid%20East%20Print%20Comp/LTCS8x10-final-72dpi.jpg

DianeDavis
02-11-2007, 11:03 PM
Beautiful.

Lori_Clapp
02-12-2007, 12:03 AM
I'm still partial to the pink tint you started with - but I love it and I think you will do great with it! Good luck!

And what would we all do these past few weeks without Keith to help us get these prints ready?? Thanks Keith! And all the others who have helped us!

JohnHeckler
02-12-2007, 12:11 AM
Yes, and thanks Holly, D Craig, Jeff, Mark, and all the others who have commented, suggested titles, etc ... Much appreciated!

I'm 2 down and 2 to go for putting on the final touches and sending to the lab. If I get them back and don't like them, I might be able to squeeze one more trip to the lab before they have to be at PPO Mid East Feb 28th.

Dave_Higgins
02-12-2007, 12:27 AM
OUTSTANDING! Sorry for yelling. I love it.

Marc_Benjamin
02-12-2007, 03:31 AM
http://www.kickstep.com/forums/LTCS8x10-final-72dpi.jpg

Why not this way?

Lori_Clapp
02-12-2007, 03:37 AM
I vote for Marc's version - that light spot was really bugging me

Holly_Howe
02-12-2007, 03:44 AM
Yea - keith and I wondered why he choose not to artwork that light area. Keith ahd suggested it be fixed several days ago - but we figured John had his reasoning.

Holly

JohnHeckler
02-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Well, I must admit I do like it better without the light area, but it was "real" and gives the image some directional light ... but you guys are better at this than I am ... maybe I'll remove it.

Mark, did you just cut-and-paste from the left side and flip it? It ends up duping the bush on the left to the right which almost starts to look too symetrical, if that is possible, no?

JohnHeckler
02-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Ok, now I am freakin' out ... do I really need to remove the light on the back of the stage on the right?

I liked the light on the stage because I felt it helped emphasize that there was directional light in the scene, but I know nothing when it comes to print competition ... is it going to hold me back?

Marc_Benjamin
02-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Hey John,

Yes it was a flip! I think since the image is dead on center, might as well make it very very very semetricial. I tried to hide all possible signs of the flip just so that it's not as noticable. I don't think anyone is gonna pick up on the stage lights within the 20 seconds that it stays up there. Though it might be better if you make some alterations on the lights.

Mark_Levesque
02-12-2007, 04:18 PM
I like it better with the light as it seems true to the scene. Worse comes to worse, do it your way and watch the judging, and if they comment on it, change it before you send it to regionals.

JohnHeckler
02-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Good suggestion Mark ... I have worked on this image too long ... it's time to move on :-)

Thanks for the title, BTW, I think it was you who suggested "Love Takes Center Stage" ... love it!

Don_Eisenhart
02-12-2007, 04:39 PM
John,

This is one of the freshest images I have seen in a long, long, long time.

You deserve to be proud of this!

JohnHeckler
02-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Thanks Donnie, that means alot ... I'm so tired of looking at this image at this point, I really needed that :p

At this point, it is what it is ... I will adjust for nationals if it at least merits here at the Mid East Regionals ...

Don_Eisenhart
02-12-2007, 04:44 PM
For what it's worth, your eye does the highest constrast.

For that, I like Marc's version a like better.

Print this as both versions, place then on the table face down, then turn them around. Where does your eye go?

Marc_Benjamin
02-12-2007, 04:44 PM
At this point, it is what it is ... I will adjust for nationals if it at least merits here at the Mid East Regionals ...

So you guys don't get seals for your regionals?

JohnHeckler
02-12-2007, 04:56 PM
So you guys don't get seals for your regionals?

Yes, we do ... I suppose if it merits, I'll leave it alone. But if it comes close and misses and the judges mention that the light on the back of the stage was distracting, then I will rework and send it to nationals.

Don_Eisenhart
02-12-2007, 05:10 PM
Good for you John, you made a decision!