PDA

View Full Version : Painted Images

Don_Nealious
02-05-2007, 05:20 AM
I am ready to submit my 20 images to the review committee. Can any of them be Paintered? My clients are buying them so they are not "salon" prints. I only want to submit one with the Painter treatment.

Don Nealious

Michael_Gan
02-05-2007, 05:23 AM
Yes you can. My wife submited her's and they passed with, well, flying colors.

Michael

Holly_Howe
02-05-2007, 05:32 AM
Yes you can. My wife submited her's and they passed with, well, flying colors.

Michael

Michael - not doubting you - but I always thought it was just pass or fail on CPP prints. How do you know it was "flying colors"?
Holly

Don_Nealious
02-05-2007, 06:10 AM
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the promt reply.

Don Nealious

Betsy_Finn
02-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Michael - not doubting you - but I always thought it was just pass or fail on CPP prints. How do you know it was "flying colors"?
Holly

You get a little "checklist" sheet back with your print review (basically a list of possible errors) -- The judges will have checked whatever areas your portfolio (overall) is lacking in -- e.g. lighting, posing, exposure.

Yeah, it's just pass or fail, but you do have that sheet to give you an idea of how well/badly you did and the reason why. That's how I figured out that my first DVD submission was the reason for my failing (my second DVD passed with a lot of the same images) -- they had checked issue with exposure and handwritten on the sheet "images aren't crisp" -- both things I noticed VAST improvement on when using ProShow Gold for my 2nd DVD.

Michael_Gan
02-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Holly Oh, hehe, cause the colors were outside of the lines, so colors were flying everywhere. Sorry about the Euphemism. :)