PDA

View Full Version : Book to rent/sell

Lori_Clapp
02-05-2007, 03:20 AM
Okay, does anyone have the Photography 8th edition book that they would be willing to rent me for a couple months? Or that they want to sell? I found them on Amazon.com for $75. Can anyone beat that?

Holly_Howe
02-05-2007, 04:09 AM
Lori - Back in the stone ages - when I was reading it for CPP - I got the book through an interlibraray loan - never bought it. Check with your local library and if they don't have it - they might be able to get it for you. Also - if you know a college student - sometimes they can get it at a student discount.- just a couple ideas.

Holly

Betsy_Finn
02-05-2007, 04:27 AM
Lori, just posted on the other thread...but anyways, check out this comparison site:

http://www.bestwebbuys.com/0131896091

Looks like there's on on ebay for $40 and textbooks.com for $60. (depending on which vendor you choose, make sure you're comfortable with their service/ customer satisfaction ratings ;) )

Lori_Clapp
02-05-2007, 04:33 AM
Thanks Betsy - I only saw one on e-bay and it was $95! I'll check it again.

Sue_Ellen_Tuttle
02-05-2007, 04:56 AM
As I read Lori's question, I prepared to suggest interlibrary loan...and then I read Holly's response. Smart lady... :)

D._Craig_Flory
02-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Hi Lori;

That is a good idea Holly gave you. I get books from my local library and if they don't have a book I want I go on the net to the web site for all area libraries to look for it. Call your town's library for the web site.

Auralee_Dallas
02-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Lori, do want to borrow mine--I bought it and decided not to go for the CPP.
Auralee

Karen_Linsley
02-05-2007, 04:12 PM
I've got one too. I also have a couple of other CPP recommended books that they listed. I can seel you the whole kitnkaboodle!

D._Craig_Flory
02-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Hi group;

It seems like finding a book has been taken care of ok. But for future book needs ... I'm posting the path to our county library system as an example. Just look for something similar where you live. Take note of the drop down menu where the person looking can select which town library to check for a book.

http://www.lclibs.org/palmyra/index.php