PDA

View Full Version : One more try...

Tiffany_Schmitt
02-01-2007, 01:42 AM
Had this girl come in today for her order and it reminded me of this one...

Is this a possibility for print comp? I think I will try this one my next chance. Just wondering what you think. What are the possitives and neg. and is there anything that I can do to it to improve it?

Thanks so much,

Tiffany

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/tschmitt_2006/IMG_9869.jpg

Valerie_Kieselhorst
02-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Very nice fluffy salmon veil...the angle of the left shoulder bothers me, at least the shadow on the top. I have no idea for a comp, but as a customer I would be thrilled!

Jeff_Dachowski
02-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Tiffany,
I think this is beautiful, however I don't think it would go because of a shoulder problem. If you take you hand, and block her left shoulder, keeping the necklace out of it, can you tell me what body parts are there? That will be the biggest hangup for this print. Also, and this is personal tast, but you are too close to the backgorund. If had gained another couple of feet from the background, all the color would be there without the fabric being in focus. Have fun.
JEff

D._Craig_Flory
02-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Hi Tiffany;

I think you should enter this in your state assn. print competition. I'm posting my version and hope you like the changes.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i93/DC47/IMG_9869Enhanced.jpg

Keith_A_Howe
02-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Tiffany
I agree with Jeff. I feel that her eyes may have been over worked, I can't tell from this small file.
Good luck
Keith

D._Craig_Flory
02-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Hi Cassandra;

Keith pointed out one thing I had wanted to mention. Her eyes are too white ... I didn't try to correct that. Remember that no one has pure whites of eyes. They can be tinged by grey, yellow, or a myriad of other shades. So I'd work them far less for a final presentation.

I don't know if you have ever heard this before, or not. But the way to prove where your eyes are drawn is to turn an image upside down and squint at it. See what draws your eyes the most.

Mark_Levesque
02-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Also, and this is personal tast, but you are too close to the backgorund. If had gained another couple of feet from the background, all the color would be there without the fabric being in focus.
Isn't the background party of her frilly party dress? (I could be totally in the weeds here, but that's what it looks like to me.) That might make it difficult to get much more distance between her and the background.

Tony_McDaniel
02-01-2007, 10:56 PM
One of the first things I noticed looking at the image was the black vignette. It may have helped to use a darker shade of the dress color instead of pure black as it would blend more into the image.

Tiffany_Schmitt
02-01-2007, 11:42 PM
Hey everyone, Thanks for all the input. I think I may enter it, but not in state, just regional to start with...

D.C., I really do like the step mount that you did. I did one using a lighter color, actually her dress with a g. blur and didn't like it all, plus I put her in the other corner, which I didn't like either.

Actually, I didn't do anything with the eyes at all, but I understand how it can look on small images. The only thing I did was take the soft layer and mask her eyes so they weren't soft too.

Nope, Mark, you're not in the weeds. I had her on a big beanbag with her dress fluffed around her. Good call.

Yeah, the problem I have with the black vignette is that I must have bumped my setting and had it too fast for the sync. HHHMMM, how can I fix this black edge. Put a black edge all the way around it.:o

Thanks for all the pointers. Now if I can just remember these things while I am shooting. That's the next step.:D

Thanks again. If I do enter, I'll let you know how it goes.

Tiffany

Anne_LeBouton
02-02-2007, 12:14 AM
Hi Tiffany,

One thing I noticed was the hair on top of her head is a little messy. Just trim it a bit so it looks smoother. There are some whispys up there that need trimming.

Also, Gary pointed out the her cleavage is crooked recommends covering that up. I see D. Craig covered the arm that was also bothering Gary. I'd also make the background a bit darker to give it more depth.

Tiffany_Schmitt
02-02-2007, 02:06 AM
Thanks Anne,

See you Mon.?

Tiff

D._Craig_Flory
02-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Hi Tiffany,

I see D. Craig covered the arm that was also bothering Gary. I'd also make the background a bit darker to give it more depth.

You caught it Anne ! I made a dupe of the image and used the lasso tool to select some of her chiffon. I dragged and dropped it and then blended it using a layer mask. I wondered if someone would notice that her arm was no longer distracting.

Anne_LeBouton
02-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Thanks Anne,

See you Mon.?

Tiff

No, I'm not an Indianhead member. I belong to Foxes but I'm friends with alot of members of Indianhead. That last meeting was a joint meeting of the 2 groups.Enjoy the meeting on Monday. Dawn is terrific!