PDA

View Full Version : Golden Gate School - San Francisco Bay Area

Marc_Benjamin
01-21-2007, 07:51 AM
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share Golden Gate Schools line up this year.

Matthew Jordan Smith, Frank Cricchio, Jane Conner-ziser, Mark Allen, Vincent Isola, Michael Redford and Gene Higa.

I've gotta tell ya, it's one heck of a lineup... That Matthew Jordan Smith is a regular photographer on America's Next top Model. Talk about high fashion outside of the ppa "look". Anyone seen his book Sephia Dreams? Amazing!

Also, back by popular demand are legends Frank Cricchio, Jane Ziser, Mark Allen and Michael Redford.

Hard core PJ look shooter? Well Gene Higa and Vincent Isola's got what you need. Let me tell ya that Gene's been all over the world capturing weddings and is a feature speaker at WPPI this year.

Anyway's, if your looking for a class why not spend your time with us in San Francisco.

More info: http://www.goldengateschool.com/

BTW: Yes, you do get merits towards your masters (or keeping your CPP) since GGS is an PPA affilate school.

DianeDavis
01-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Thanks Mark.

I already have a bunch of classes on my list! Are you going to any?

Marc_Benjamin
01-23-2007, 07:37 AM
Hi Diane,

I'm not sure yet but I'm seriously looking at Mathew Jordan smith or maybe Micheal Redford.... or maybe Gene Higa...

Eitherway, I'll be definitely be lurking around the Mills College campus...

Auralee_Dallas
01-23-2007, 04:24 PM
Hi Gang,
Golden Gate School is great. I've gone three times. Here is a link to the other Northern California PPA affiliated school. This year it's in Scott's Valley near Santa Cruz.
http://www.cpwschool.com/
I'm going here this year.

Marc_Benjamin
03-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Hey guys,

Just checked with Golden Gate School (http://goldengateschool.com/html/course_finder.html) to see how registrations are doing and it seems that most of the instructors only have a limited number of spaces left.

If your thinking about it, sign up soon before the class closes.

See you there.

Joe_Galioto
03-23-2007, 10:05 PM
i got out to golden gate about 15 years ago-it was great. i was the only one from the east coast so they made me feel special. gave me a room with the instuctors(my own bath and everything)
i studied with gary silber (what ever happened to gary?) he's a great portrait artist & a good teacher also.
in 2006 went to glip - nice folks in mich. studied with tim & bev waldon -they're the bomb!

my next class will be on painter-but haven't made plans yet. thinking bruce dorn? any sugjestions?
joe

ps: just remembered something about golden gate -got food poisoning-food sucked big time-had the whole vommaria thing going.
probally more info then you needed. sorry

Marc_Benjamin
04-12-2007, 05:25 PM
my next class will be on painter-but haven't made plans yet. thinking bruce dorn? any sugjestions?
joe

ps: just remembered something about golden gate -got food poisoning-food sucked big time-had the whole vommaria thing going.
probally more info then you needed. sorry

Hey Joe, they've got Jane Conner-ziser teaching painter at GGS. Perhaps it's time for you to come back and see us in San Francisco. I think the food at Mills College is better and safer than it was from wherever GGS was at 15 years ago.

David_Schneider
04-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Do you know when GGS will be in San Francisco proper? Give me an excuse to visit my son and almost daughter-in-law.

-David Schneider

Jack_Reznicki
04-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Hey Joe, they've got Jane Conner-ziser teaching painter at GGS. Perhaps it's time for you to come back and see us in San Francisco. I think the food at Mills College is better and safer than it was from wherever GGS was at 15 years ago.

I taught there twice, looking forward to being invited again one day <s>

But the food at Mill College and the setting was great.

And Marc, say "Hey" to Mathew Smith for me. He's a buddy. And a great photographer. I missed him last night on America's Top Model, but heard he was going to be on.

Ed_Booth
04-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Betty and I have taught there on three different occasions. We were treated great. It is a well run school. I agree with Jack, the food at Mill College was very good. I gained 3 pounds while I was there.
Ed

Jack_Reznicki
04-12-2007, 11:01 PM
I gained 3 pounds while I was there.
Ed

Yeah, the desert bar was a killer!

Marc_Benjamin
05-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Jack and Ed, wish you guys are here for this years session. There's lot's of exciting events on the schedule including rumors of the new and impoved dessert bar selection.

Anyway's, it's getting close and there's only a limited number of spaces left. Mathew Smith's class is gonna be totally hot!

Jack_Reznicki
05-24-2007, 12:42 AM
Anyway's, it's getting close and there's only a limited number of spaces left. Mathew Smith's class is gonna be totally hot!

Marc,

Matthew's a friend of mine. I know he's looking forward to the school. And he's a really incredible photographer. You can catch him on Tyra Banks "Next Top Model" show. I haven't seen it, but I hear he's always a hit when he appears. He's got a great personality and if wonderful about teaching and sharing information.

Sounds like a great school session this year! Great lineup. Even without me :rolleyes: