PDA

View Full Version : Return of Print Cases from PPA International

JohnHeckler
01-19-2007, 02:56 AM
Has anyone received their print cases back from PPA International 2006? I have not as of yet and am planning on entering in PPO Mid East again here at the end of Feb.

Do I just have to go buy another print case? I was hoping I could avoid that.

Auralee_Dallas
01-19-2007, 03:06 AM
It's best to have two cases. This happens in California every year because our state comp is so early in the year. Last year, my case was gone to PPA for 11 months.

oh yes the question: No, I haven't gotten mine back.

Jeff_Dachowski
01-19-2007, 04:12 AM
John,
Lets remember that the convention just ended on Tuesday night. They have a lot of packing to do before the print cases are to be shipped.
Jeff

Holly_Howe
01-20-2007, 02:02 AM
The print show started tearing down at 2:00 on Tuesday - I think there was something like 3000 prints? Plus all the display racks etc. All the prints and racks and stuff are loaded into a truck and get driven back to Lincoln - where Jim Dingwell the PEC coordinator lives. That's where all the print cases are. Jim goes through all those prints - mostly by himself - and sorts them out into each individual case and packs for shipping. Them he has to fill out all the shipping forms - I don't know if it's UPS or Fed Ex or what - but still lots of paperwork. Then they get shipped. From experience it is 4 days shipping from NE to either coast. Less if you live closer. Jim has to do all that - after having spent a whole week in San Antonio - putting up the show, running the mentoring booths and then like I said tearing it down. I know most nights he was lucky to get 5-6 hours of sleep. So when he gets home he is already exhausted and then has to sort and ship as mentioned above. So while you might get your case back before the end of Feb. it's unrealistic to think you would have it back already.

Holly

Marc_Benjamin
01-20-2007, 10:52 PM
Anyone whom is actively competing needs to at least have 2 cases and 3 is ideal. I really don't expect to get my 20x24 (the one w/ the ppa logo) back till end of March. While I'm waiting, western states regional (PEC merit stamps) and WPPI competitions are happening.

Auralee...... 11 months? Did you have a couple of loans?

BTW, isnt about time that PPA brings back the Tenba cases with the PPA logo on them.

Auralee_Dallas
01-21-2007, 12:09 AM
Marc, no loan--just showcase book.
But think about it, this year's cases were sent in mid or late May and it's near the end of January. Two cases are needed if you do both state and PPa.

Marc_Benjamin
01-21-2007, 12:23 AM
Marc, no loan--just showcase book.
But think about it, this year's cases were sent in mid or late May and it's near the end of January. Two cases are needed if you do both state and PPa.

You know, I think that might have happened during the summer to winter convention schedule change. Hey, how come you didnt have an entry for the sacrament locals print competition?

Holly_Howe
02-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Keith's case just arrived. Considering we are so close to Lincoln, I would assume shipping was just one day. I would think a bunch of you would start getting your cases back real soon.

Holly

Linda_Gregory
02-10-2007, 01:43 AM
Got mine back yesterday. Time to fill it up!

JohnHeckler
02-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Got mine back too ... time to send the Fiberbilt one back to Adaroma ...

Nylora_Bruleigh
02-16-2007, 04:03 PM
JUST got mine back!