PDA

View Full Version : Helpful Info

Lpatterson
01-16-2007, 12:34 AM
Does anyone have any helpful info for becoming Certified in North Carolina? Such as workshops or seminars. Any pointers or info would be very helpful. Thanks :D

Betsy_Finn
01-16-2007, 02:36 AM
Lorraine,

the PPA liason for N. Carolina is Charles Strowd (704-753-2317). He would probably be the best person for answering questions about N.C. offerings and opportunities.

You could also try checking with the state and local affiliate groups - they may put together study groups or offer local "mentorship" opportunities.

If all else fails, this forum can be a good substitute. ;) ... or addition, even! Feel free to ask more questions as they come up :D

Karen_Linsley
01-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Lorraine; I just passed the test last September. I took it in Pennsylvania....I live in California. When I was researching exam locations and dates, there were no locations in California or Nevada listing tests. Craig Flory was giving an exam in PA, along with a conference held by his local ppa affiliate, and I decided to go. I have to say, taking the exam with someone I knew, instead of some anonymous person I met 15 minutes before taking it, was a big help.

Before taking the test, I studied the recommended books. We also had an online study group going for a while, but I ended up with a scheduling conflict and couldn't participate much in that.

Do go to the PPA web site and research what they have on certification, lots of valuable info there. And don't limit yourself to taking the exam in your area.