PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news in Texas

ddickson
01-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Sam Puc' and Dave Junion have just been added to the 34 class lineup at Texas School.

12:01am Jan 3, 2007 (just past midnight Tuesday Jan 2, 2006) Texas School registration opens. You have heard about the phenomenon of Texas School of Professional Photography, now is the time to participate in this awesome learning experience for yourself.

This is going to be an incredibly exciting year for Texas School. Last year we had almost 1000 photographers attend this great school. It is our 32nd anniversary. We have 33 classes to choose from, so there are no excuses. The cost is only $430 for TPPA members and includes all evening meals. This is the best education value in the country with the finest instructors in the industry.

Check out the different classes at www.tppa.org/school.htm.

Read what another photographer wrote about her first experience at the
school. http://www.tppa.org/breeden.htm

Extra Bonus, if you are a TPPA member or register as a nonmember, you
will be given a coupon to go to the TPPA regional convention FREE, that’s
right FREE, nuthing, nada, no money at all.

How do you make sure that you are a part of this incredible event?
Set your clock to register online at 12:00 midnight Tuesday.
http://www.tppa.org/school.htm

Please join us for our 31st annual Texas School of Professional
Photography, April 23-28, 2006 College Station Texas!!!!!

Set your alarm for 12:01 a.m. Tuesday Night!

Don Dickson
Director TSPP

Art_Wright
01-01-2007, 06:59 PM
That's AWESOME news, Don! I've wanted to take Sam and Dave's class since I met them last year...

ddickson
01-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Their class will sell out in minutes if not seconds, make sure you are at your computer at midnight Tuesday.

Good luck

Jack_Reznicki
01-02-2007, 01:09 AM
Hey Don,

Looking forward to it myself. I had a lot of fun and a great class last year.
My lighting/digital class at The Texas School is the only week long class I'll be teaching during the year.
If any OurPPA members are at the school, be sure to find me and say "Hey".

Art_Wright
01-02-2007, 03:18 AM
Don, what "time" is the Texas School computer synched to? I want to make sure my computer clock is in step with the school time...

Sandy_Puc'
01-02-2007, 01:11 PM
We are SO excited to be coming back...(Ok, the threats involving cattle, skunks and the boot to the butt were pretty intimidating too!)
Seriously, TEXAS SCHOOL is amazing. We had the most incredible group of people as students last year.
I don't think I ever laughed so hard and who knew that line dancing was so fun!!
Don't worry...We are still going to make every effort to cause trouble! (The Duct tape has been ordered!)
Looking forward to the mayhem,
Sam

ddickson
01-02-2007, 02:03 PM
There is an "official " time clock on the web site, so you can see when the clock hits midnight.

Good luck

lori_nordstrom
01-03-2007, 02:43 AM
yay!
i can't wait, too!!! :)

ElizabethGraham
01-03-2007, 03:24 AM
Man, I am so bummed!! I would LOVE to be there, but I'm afraid on April 23, my 6-day-old infant would object! Any chance you guys will be there again next year? If so, count me in!

Best wishes and hope you guys have a great time!

E.

ddickson
01-03-2007, 10:36 PM
Sam, Lori, Doug, all sold out in under 3 minutes!!!!!!!!!

12-15 others are already closed, but we still keep a wait list for those who want to try to get in

see ya'll soon

Don

Art_Wright
01-03-2007, 11:21 PM
Don, why does it take three weeks to get the class lineups; I can't wait that long!!!
:D

ddickson
01-03-2007, 11:37 PM
we will try to get them out sooner, but we have to run 800 credit cards, assign the classes, call when people miss type the number, answer 100 plus emails a day...... all while trying to run my own studio. Since Texas School does not have any employees, it just takes volunteers longer.

I promise I will try to hurry

see ya'll soon at Imaging

Don

Don_Barnes
01-03-2007, 11:37 PM
Don, why does it take three weeks to get the class lineups; I can't wait that long!!!

Don't bother Don with questions right now he is assigning all those people to all those classes, and updating their computer records, and checking credit card transactions, and coordinating the schedules, and...., and.... :D :eek: :D Seriously though, it is a tremendous amount of work and the phone rings constantly with people asking questions or for confirmation of their class. It just takes time to get it all processed.

EDIT: We must have been typing at the same time!!

Art_Wright
01-03-2007, 11:40 PM
I guess ya'll missed the smiley face... So, we can CALL for info? ;)

David_Quisenberry
01-23-2007, 12:17 AM
I'm calling shotgun on row 2 from the front, left side, inside seat.... for Puc and Junion of course!~

Sandy_Puc'
01-23-2007, 12:19 AM
Great...Can I bring the shotgun?

I can't wait to see who we get to play with!!!!

Sam

Mike_Fulton
01-23-2007, 01:08 AM
Great...Can I bring the shotgun?

I can't wait to see who we get to play with!!!!

Sam

Being a Texas Law Enforcement Officer Sam I will gladly bring you any weapon you want AND the best thing about it, it will be legal

I do have a license through the ATF in explosives and full class 3 weapons (full auto and sliencers) So now that I scared you to death, what do you want to play with Sam :eek: :D :cool:

Art_Wright
01-23-2007, 04:05 AM
I'm in!!!! I got the letter today! Whooooop!

Chris_Padgett
01-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Who all is going to the Texas school and what class are you signed up for? I'll be spending the week with the Walden's and Ann Montieth.:D

Don_Barnes
01-24-2007, 04:33 PM
Who all is going to the Texas school and what class are you signed up for? I'll be spending the week with the Walden's and Ann Montieth.:D

I am the "Wrangler" for Janine Killian and Karen Peters. Karen is Larry Peters wife and Janine is his daughter. At IUSA I saw that our class is already full. So there will be two sold out Peters/Killian classes this year.

Andrea_Taylor
01-25-2007, 02:25 PM
Woohoo! Got my letter yesterday! Already making travel arrangements!
I am signed up for the Don MacGregor class.
Can't wait!
Andrea.-

Justin_Moore
01-26-2007, 01:19 AM
Man, I am so bummed!! I would LOVE to be there, but I'm afraid on April 23, my 6-day-old infant would object! Any chance you guys will be there again next year? If so, count me in!

Best wishes and hope you guys have a great time!

E.

I'm in the same boat Elizabeth! My wife is due with our first child on April 1st, 2007.

But count me in for 2008, too!