PDA

View Full Version : Here goes, my first for critique

Bonita_Rice
12-26-2006, 12:37 AM
This is a senior shot that was different. I kind of liked it. Hope you can help me make it better or throw it away. Thanks for all your encouragement. I finally got up the nerve to post.

David_Schneider
12-26-2006, 02:14 AM
I'd like it more if you cropped it tighter. Say from above the ring to a tad above the top of the finger. So the eyes are the focus, not the nose.

-David Schneider

Bonita_Rice
12-26-2006, 03:54 AM
Is the the way you think it should be cropped? I was not sure I understood you. Thanks for the help.

David_Schneider
12-26-2006, 11:29 PM
Kewl!! Now crop out that ear, say real close to the finger. See how that looks! Don't crop anything from the right side of the image.

Howz that now?

This might be a good image to do some selective color with the B/W and leave her eyes in color.

Off topic, but I don't remember seeing someone with longer lower eye lashes than uppers. I'm a big fan of a double dose of masscara. Also, she has more lowers than most; her lowers go almost all the way across on both sides.

-David Schneider

Ernst-Ulrich_Schafer
12-27-2006, 03:48 AM
Hi Bonita, I like this portrait, but then there are things I don't care for. lst off, I think your trying to see something for yourself, which for me a a very good thing. I like the suggestions of the crop. Here's what I don't care for, the hand is to strong and the ring is distracting, the thumb bothers me. Keep at it as I'm sure you'll gain alot from this and will come up with some wonderful portraits.

Another reason for chiming in is because I've been doing similar work. I love "Hands by the Face" and it's become a small personal project that I work on whenever I have the chance. Here are a couple of my examples:

Best regards, Ernst