PDA

View Full Version : So who is REALLY going?

Pages : [1] 2

Jackie_Haggerty
11-29-2006, 05:39 AM
And who is willing to get together at some point with other ourppa members to REALLY put a face to a name?

JE_Hedges_Photography
11-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Hand raised! I'll be there.

George_Hawkins
11-29-2006, 12:35 PM
I'm going to TX.
Lunch along the River!

Jack_Reznicki
11-29-2006, 01:26 PM
I guess I'll show up.

We'll have an OurPPA table marked at the Tuesday night party.
And "OurPPA.com" ribbons to add to the ID badges.

Derek_Alvarez
11-29-2006, 01:46 PM
Badges We don't need no stinkin Badges

Ok if Jack is going to be there I guess I'll show up.

Mark_Turner
11-29-2006, 01:59 PM
I wish PPA would start checking with me before they plan these things. I'll be photographing about 600 basketball players that weekend.

Another time!

Karen_Linsley
11-29-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm thinking about it....guess I'd better stop thinking and start doing if I want to go!

Michael_Gan
11-29-2006, 04:25 PM
Well geez, if Jack is going to be there, I guess I better. Besides, I want my Blue and Gold ribbon to complete the set. :)

Michael

Jackie_Haggerty
11-29-2006, 04:30 PM
George mentioned lunch.... Jack mentioned the table at the party (how big is the table, Jack?). Anyone else with other suggestions?

Betsy_Finn
11-29-2006, 04:37 PM
no can go :( either.... we'll have to have a pity party while everyone's at Imaging ;)

Marc_Benjamin
11-29-2006, 04:47 PM
I'm going... yey ribbons..... perfect it'll go under my "certifiable" "trouble maker of the year" and " a totally bored member"

BTW, congrats Micheal. I remember seeing you (student volunteer usher, watch that step) guys on the stage when you got your gold in New Orleans.

Jackie, hows about big cowboy hats and boots!

Deb_Wat
11-29-2006, 04:56 PM
I'll be there. Coming in on the 10th and departing on the 17th.

Deb

Jackie_Haggerty
11-29-2006, 04:58 PM
Marc,

Did you say "Jackie" and "boots" ? Uh, oh!

Big NO on the hat. Hat hair, you know! Where's your t-shirt idea, BTW? You did great at the mag cover!

Marc_Benjamin
11-29-2006, 05:09 PM
Hey Jackie,

Not sure about the t-shirts....... I could always have some nice polo shirts embroidered and start pedling them around the tradeshow floor. That would totally be the "unathorized" series. Hmmmmm that sounds pretty good right now.

Or everyone can make their own (ya know, price is right style) and display the forum pride!

Mike_Fulton
11-29-2006, 05:32 PM
I will be there, speaking on the trade show floor and watching my educational workshop partner get her award for Kodak New Photographer to Watch Award (Im so proud of her) and her album went Loan so I have to be there for that also. Heckling her all the way of course :)

So please find me cause I know NO ONE :)

Marc_Benjamin
11-29-2006, 05:34 PM
So please find me cause I know NO ONE :)

Trust me, I'll be looking around for the Hoff!

Mike_Fulton
11-29-2006, 05:57 PM
Trust me, I'll be looking around for the Hoff!

HAHAHAHAHA, thanks for the laugh today Benjamin!

Check out my website (http://www.tricoastphoto.com) for a picture of what I look like :) Sadly I have no horns or look like The Hoff. Well maybe thats not such a bad thing when I think about it!

Mark_Levesque
11-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Love that song Vida. Great stuff. Nice site, BTW. I was genuinely disappointed to see you have no horns. :D

Don_Barnes
11-29-2006, 06:24 PM
I'll be there in one of the orange PPA shirts they give to volunteers. Hey Mike, when do you get any work done. I see you at every forum I visit. PPA, Pro4um, TPF.

Mike_Fulton
11-29-2006, 07:28 PM
I told you I am a forum whore, I am not shy about it :) And you forgot about a few others I check out :D

Seriously I have 4 monitors so I keep two going with workflow and 1 with email and one with forums and general website surfing sites.

Yeah yeah yea I know ZERO life but I have a PASSION for photography so at least you can say I am trying to make the most of my passion :)

And if your from TPF then you know where I got the avatar from, and used with his permission :) I love that crazy Dallas Photographer!

Richard_Grainger
11-29-2006, 10:07 PM
Yep, my wife, Cindy and I are going. It will be our first one so we're pretty pumped. :) We'd love to meet some of y'all.

Derek_Alvarez
11-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Anyone who post using the Word Y'all is alright in my book:D

Mike_Fulton
11-29-2006, 10:22 PM
I could not agree more with ya'll, this yer board is something special

Seriously I love when people type like I talk!

DianeDavis
11-29-2006, 10:36 PM
no can go :( either.... we'll have to have a pity party while everyone's at Imaging ;)

You and me online Betsy.

Zack_Davis
11-29-2006, 10:41 PM
I'LL BE THERE!

With names like Derek Alavarez, Jackie Haggerty, and Jack Reznicki how could I possibly resist! Oh I hear we might even be graced with the presence of Naomi Angel!:eek:

As for T-Shirts how about something that says "Ourppa.com, it was either this or rehab" . :D:D

Jackie_Haggerty
11-29-2006, 10:48 PM
Anyone who post using the Word Y'all is alright in my book:D

I thought y'all wasn't a contraction in Florida?

Jackie_Haggerty
11-29-2006, 10:49 PM
I'LL BE THERE!

With names like Derek Alavarez, Jackie Haggerty, and Jack Reznicki how could I possibly resist! Oh I hear we might even be graced with the presence of Naomi Angel!:eek:

As for T-Shirts how about something that says "Ourppa.com, it was either this or rehab" . :D:D

Wow, Zack. I don't know if I should be flattered, or think you are crazy!! But I will certainly frame your post for my wall!

Holly_Howe
11-29-2006, 10:50 PM
So am I reading this right? Zach gets to go but Mom doesn't? Don't worry Diane - I'll watch over him!

Zach - how much is it worth to you if I don't tell your Mom what you get up to in Texas?

Holly

Mark_Levesque
11-29-2006, 10:54 PM
I'll be part of the pity party. :/

Jackie_Haggerty
11-29-2006, 10:59 PM
Mark,

Wish you could be there, but you can hang out online with Diane and Betsy!

:D

Zack_Davis
11-29-2006, 11:17 PM
Zach - how much is it worth to you if I don't tell your Mom what you get up to in Texas?

How about 3 boxes of brownies. ;) :D

Wow, Zack. I don't know if I should be flattered, or think you are crazy!! But I will certainly frame your post for my wall!

LOL!

George_Hawkins
11-29-2006, 11:48 PM
I'm going to try to sit in on Jack's program Saturday, as I am flying Thursday. I WILL attend the Tuesday party: a friend who was to sponsor a degree recipient had to cancel for an important job, AND I was asked so, I'll be at the awards ceremony before the party! I will likely be unrecognisable in my tux, as I think they want both recipient and sponsor in tuxes!

The Saturday lunch break is 11:00-12:30 - maybe time for an outdoor lunch along the River. A post made some suggestions and I saved them. However, maybe attendees can lunch with speaker? Jack & Edie Tapp. Of course, there is evening time to meet!

George

Jeff_Dachowski
11-30-2006, 01:41 AM
Yup were going! Are we going to get together or what? I would love to meet all the folks that have been so kind to add to my education.
Maybe Saturday night at 8? 9?
Jeff

Jackie_Haggerty
11-30-2006, 01:48 AM
Jeff! Horray! I am really looking forward to meeting you!

Not only an ourppa friend, but a myspace friend too!

I agree on the later evening idea for an ourppa get together, sounds fun.

Who knows San Antonio enough to suggest where and what?

George_Hawkins
11-30-2006, 02:57 AM
Here's a copy/paste of places that were suggested to me; they seem real near River and near many hotels.

Quote:
Buckhorn Saloon, 318 E. Houston St., next to Hyatt

Landing Jazz Club, at Hyatt, 2 blocks from Alamo.

Landry’s Seafood, 517 N. Presa St., just north of W. Crocket & 2 blocks from Alamo.

Paisano’s, 111 W. Crocket Street, on the River.
End Quote.

Browse their websites and they seemed interesting a few weeks ago.

George

download google earth, and the maps are quite interesting.

Mike_Fulton
11-30-2006, 02:59 AM
Having used to live in San Antonio and visit there quite often, just hit the riverwalk and enjoy the food, drinks and friends. Truly one of the best and most enjoyable aspects of the city.

Some AMAZING FOOD there and I mean AMAZING!!!!

Lori_Clapp
11-30-2006, 03:09 AM
I'm not going either - can we still get the t-shirts if we don't go? Or do we have to design our own? Or do we get ones that say "my OurPPA forum friends went to Imaging and all I got was this lousy t-shirt"?

I do have a room reserved at the main hotel that I haven't canceled yet, if anyone needs it. I won't pay for it though!

Derek_Alvarez
11-30-2006, 03:54 AM
Well One of the places I've had some good fun in is Dicks last resort

It's a fun place to get great junk food and beer:)

Mark_Katz
11-30-2006, 04:31 AM
Well I'l be there with another PPA member. I don't think she has ever logged into OurPPA.com before. I'll be the one wearing Marx Brothers glasses :o

Mike_Fulton
11-30-2006, 04:58 AM
Well One of the places I've had some good fun in is Dicks last resort

It's a fun place to get great junk food and beer:)

Actually the food itself is pretty good and yes it is the wildest place on the riverwalk. A must for anyone wanting a few hours of wild fun at night. In the heart of the RiverWalk you simply can't miss it! Across the river from Dick's is a GREAT "catch" all place to eat from steaks to pasta!

In that area its all pretty good!

Naomi_Angel
11-30-2006, 07:43 AM
You are too funny Mr. Davis.
Note to all: I'm really boring in person. lol.
:D :eek: :rolleyes:
I'm liking the quote.

[QUOTE=Zack Davis;41563]I'LL BE THERE!

With names like Derek Alavarez, Jackie Haggerty, and Jack Reznicki how could I possibly resist! Oh I hear we might even be graced with the presence of Naomi Angel!

As for T-Shirts how about something that says "Ourppa.com, it was either this or rehab" .

Marc_Benjamin
11-30-2006, 08:20 AM
Yup were going! Are we going to get together or what? Jeff

Jeff, I was gonna say, can ya bring us some of those orange star glasses that your sporting? It would be so much fun to have a whole bunch of us wearing those at the Tuesday party. Gosh, I'm already thinking like I'm drunk.

I will likely be unrecognisable in my tux, as I think they want both recipient and sponsor in tuxes!

Ya know, tell me about it. I was thinking of a hawian shirt but I got the letter in the mail about the tux and I have to rent one as well. I think Michael and Keith will also be sporting tuxes on Tuesday.

Jeff_Dachowski
11-30-2006, 12:43 PM
Marc,
I will see if I can find enough pairs for everyone. How many do I need? Lets see there are 7000 registered members.......
Jeff

George_Hawkins
11-30-2006, 12:59 PM
Ya know, tell me about it. I was thinking of a hawian shirt but I got the letter in the mail about the tux and I have to rent one as well. I think Michael and Keith will also be sporting tuxes on Tuesday.

What's your degree or award? Congratulations!!!

George

DianeDavis
11-30-2006, 05:02 PM
Thanks for remembering us at home Jeff. We can walk around with our glasses on in solidarity.

Marc_Benjamin
11-30-2006, 07:22 PM
What's your degree or award? Congratulations!!!
George

Why thanks George, I wish this year was the yellow ribon year for me but that's gonna have to wait (maybe next year, yeah right) a little longer . I was fortunate enough to hang 4 and get 5 merits this year so I get a PPA Photographer of the Year certificate (and a pin?).

What are you subbing for? M. Photog, Craftsman or both?

George_Hawkins
11-30-2006, 10:20 PM
I am the sponsor of a Cr. recipient. He asked me just in time to be able to submit my name; apparently there was a due date to submit names. He is a New England person; was recently downsized by Kodak and now is national sales mananger for Natural Color Lab, which I use. I have known him for a long time; maybe not quite as long as the one who he had initially asked to be sponsor. Maybe forego names on this communication. However, I am glad to be able to do it; we both sit on same committee at PPANE (PPA of New England)

George

Jeff_Dachowski
11-30-2006, 11:38 PM
Hey all,
I thought it might be helpful to intorduce my wife to you all. Here is a snapshot.

Jackie_Haggerty
11-30-2006, 11:39 PM
Is 9:00 pm on Monday too late y'all? (practicing for TX ;) )

Someone name the place!

Zack_Davis
11-30-2006, 11:47 PM
Jackie you forgot the "Howdy y'all". 9pm will be fine with me... since the jet lag will have me thinking it's 7pm still. :D

George_Hawkins
12-01-2006, 12:05 AM
Is 9:00 pm on Monday too late y'all?

What happened to the potential of Saturday? Maybe not all are present, I suppose!

9:00 is good, as I'd like to see Greg Heisler; as Jack wrote, it's good to be open and view variety of programs.

Why not decide on venue after one or more have seen & tested a few possibles?

Jackie_Haggerty
12-01-2006, 12:14 AM
As long as we all are there, that would be fine, George, and makes sense if we aren't working around any programs. What's a good time? Some of us might note get in until later on Saturday. Late dinner?

Besides, getting together on Saturday might make the rest of the time more fun! You never know!

The only problem with waiting to set a place and time is that some of us might not get the information if we wait too long.

Jeff_Dachowski
12-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Hey all,
I agree that we should meet up before the convention starts. It can lead to a lot more interaction, as well as other festivities over the course of the convention. We are game for 7,8 or even 9 on sat.

Jeff

George_Hawkins
12-01-2006, 12:36 AM
Heisler program is 7-8:30; no conflict. I did not mean to indicate a possible conflict.

"getting together on Saturday might make the rest of the time more fun! You never know!"

I arrive Thursday, as I wanted a day off Friday, and to see Jack & Edie on Saturday. Subject to a meal or getting together with people I know, I am very flexible. There's a couple from NH, who are lots fun: Steve & Lorraine Bedell. He writes for Shutterbug, others and his own eNewsleter. Fun.

Last year, my flight Thursday was cancelled for weather and I went Friday. I had bought trip insurance when I booked flight on-line; I was refused any compensation, as I could not prove any "direct" expense that I incurred: I merely stayed home and Embassy Suites in Austin did not hold me responsible for the missed day, as I did call them soon after airline notified me. However, I wanted to attend a free program, which had a "value" but not a direct cost to me.

Oh well, I did not buy trip insurance for this flight, but I think I could if I decided to. Never know for the weather in January!

Jackie_Haggerty
12-01-2006, 02:26 PM
Let go for 8 on Saturday. Sound good?

Don_Barnes
12-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Let go for 8 on Saturday. Sound good?

For a big group I would like to suggest Mi Tierra. It's about a mile from downtown in the Market. It is a big place and is very reasonably priced and has lots of atmosphere with strolling Mariachis. You pay they play.

Maybe meet in the hotel lobby. at that time. Those without cars can carpool with those that have cars. There is also a downtown shuttle, but I don't know if that would get you there. I will have room for six.

Tiffany_Schmitt
12-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Wishin' I was going, but I guess I'll join the pity party. Hopefully next year.

Tiff

Mark_Katz
12-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Saturday night I'm shooting an event in Houston. I'll only get into San Antonio Sunday afternoon. I'd love to meet up with y'all (I can say that as I live in Texas) Sunday or Monday. Can we have 2 get togethers, Saturday and Sunday or Monday? I want to meet the people who have nothing to do all day but post notes here. :D

DianeDavis
12-01-2006, 07:11 PM
Tiffany,
We're doing hot dogs and IMing while the others are at dinner. Please join us.
;)

Tiffany_Schmitt
12-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Diane,

We'll show them!!!:D

Tiff

Zack_Davis
12-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Saturday night I'm shooting an event in Houston. I'll only get into San Antonio Sunday afternoon. I'd love to meet up with y'all (I can say that as I live in Texas) Sunday or Monday. Can we have 2 get togethers, Saturday and Sunday or Monday? I want to meet the people who have nothing to do all day but post notes here.

Oh man, 2 get togethers... I think after the first one we'll be blacklisted from everywhere except McDonalds. :D

Jeff_Dachowski
12-01-2006, 10:19 PM
We are in for sat night at 8. Was a decision made as to where? Also can we call to reserve several tables, so we are not faced with " it will be 2 hours"
Jeff

Jack_Reznicki
12-01-2006, 10:41 PM
We are in for sat night at 8. Was a decision made as to where? Also can we call to reserve several tables, so we are not faced with " it will be 2 hours"
Jeff

I'll be tied up Saturday night.
See y'all at the party. If not before.

Jackie_Haggerty
12-01-2006, 10:49 PM
For a big group I would like to suggest Mi Tierra. It's about a mile from downtown in the Market. It is a big place and is very reasonably priced and has lots of atmosphere with strolling Mariachis. You pay they play.

Maybe meet in the hotel lobby. at that time. Those without cars can carpool with those that have cars. There is also a downtown shuttle, but I don't know if that would get you there. I will have room for six.

Don,

I am all for this, except for the distance, is there anyplace closer? It might be hard to walk a mile in boots when you aren't used to them... ;) Might be hard to organize a ride also.

George_Hawkins
12-02-2006, 12:55 AM
Don,

I am all for this, except for the distance, is there anyplace closer? It might be hard to walk a mile in boots when you aren't used to them... ;) Might be hard to organize a ride also.

Jackie,

I agree: nearer to River, as most of us are staying within a few blocks of Conv Ctr. Hilton/Hyatt/Alamo areas.

Don, I think it was you who answered another thread I asked for suggestions:
Quote:
Landing Jazz Club, at Hyatt, 2 blocks from Alamo.
Landry’s Seafood, 517 N. Presa St., just north of W. Crocket & 2 blocks from Alamo.
Paisano’s, 111 W. Crocket Street, on the River.
End quote...
The respective websites looked great to me.

Saturday at 8:00 is great by me. When time is nearer, should cell phone numbers be exchanged by the private emails? Or a direct email address?

Since Jackie started the thread's question, I vote for her to be Captain!

George

We already know that Jeff is not like his avatar; I am not either, as mine is a 2001 image created and manipulated by Arthur Rainville, who is an Imaging speaker, and very highly recommended to see - He is so creative; as Jack suggested, think out of the box in to new areas!!! Arthur has a way about getting one's mind thinking.

George_Hawkins
12-02-2006, 12:59 AM
Don wrote: Maybe meet in the hotel lobby. at that time. Those without cars can carpool with those that have cars...

What hotel lobby? I am sure we are not at same hotel.

Meeting some convenient & central & easily found, before a restaurant/bar is a good idea.

George_Hawkins
12-02-2006, 01:06 AM
Tiffany,
We're doing hot dogs and IMing while the others are at dinner. Please join us.
;)

Imaging Convention is a "kick". We run in to all kinds of former associates, speakers we have previously met, speakers we booked approach me, and the expo is so grand. For me, it's hard NOT to go, becomes a habit!

George

Jackie_Haggerty
12-02-2006, 01:18 AM
If I am captain, then I vote George to bring nametags and Jeff to bring star glasses. Marc B can photograph for PP magazine, drinks are on Derek, and we'll let Jack off the hook since we know he is such a busy guy. :)

On a more serious note, I love the seafood idea, though I don't think that would be a good one for everyone, since it is usually either a love it or hate it food. Jazz sounds great too, but I am afraid we would be more of an interruption than anything, and since McDonalds doesn't seem to be downtown (Zack! ;) ), how about Paisano's?

If we don't like it then fingers point to George. ;)

I will be the contact person, and will collect and distribute cell phone numbers if necessary. Just let me know. Also, if you cannot attend and would like to know of any other group get-togethers from the ourppa clan, forward your number and I will keep you informed of any developing plans while we are there.

How's that sounding?

George_Hawkins
12-02-2006, 01:42 AM
I like seafood also, and I think I'd like the italian restaurant also!
Stick-on tags OK for a few minutes? Do I need to bring durable ones?
I do not go to McD's; or other fast food chains for that matter.
LOL! My quotes were from Don B on another thread that I started! Thanks Don. He also said it's extremely hard to go wrong in the Riverfront area.

I am fairly certain I will have access to email at my hotel (Hampton Inn). geo_hawkins@mac.com Rather than in a forum, I'll send my mobile# by email later. I plan to try to be n Jack & Eddie program Saturday.

George

PS: Do others have a busy December, getting client orders to lab and then to client before 12/22? I am slower than previous years. HS seniors down, likely due to "digital debbie" and "digital soccer mom". One local HS adviser extended the deadline from today to 12/22, and I got a call today from a mother, that had an older sibling I photographed last year! What happened to summer/fall portrait, and she wants outside!!! Three-generation family sessions are slow to order, but just today an order for greeting cards from one!

Zack_Davis
12-02-2006, 01:52 AM
Jazz sounds great too, but I am afraid we would be more of an interruption than anything, and since McDonalds doesn't seem to be downtown (Zack! ), how about Paisano's?

You know sometimes (once a year, everyone needs a large Mcd's fries) but, Itallian is fine with me, I can also do seafood...

But wouldn't have been fun to see how much money it would have taken to bribe a kid behind the counter to deliver. :D:D

Marc_Benjamin
12-02-2006, 05:08 AM
We already know that Jeff is not like his avatar; I am not either, as mine is a 2001 image created and manipulated by Arthur Rainville, who is an Imaging speaker,

Lol, funny you mentioned this......I am to am guilty about not looking like my avatar or my PR shot right now. Darn those Mcd fries! Why do you have to be so good! oh and don't even get me started on those chicken selects.

Anyway's, I guess that adds on to the thrill!

-mba

PS. How's about taking out everyones avatar till imaging and let the gussing game begin! lol

Jeff_Dachowski
12-02-2006, 01:04 PM
Hey Mark,
What do you say we make all new avatars while at the get together? THat could be , um , interesting?

All kidding aside. Lets make a point to make some new avatar images while in Texas. I know some great photographers that will be there.:)
Jeff

George_Hawkins
12-02-2006, 01:49 PM
All kidding aside. Lets make a point to make some new avatar images while in Texas. I know some great photographers that will be there.:)
Jeff

Jeff, GREAT idea; I need a current portrait for a specific use: NEIPP/PPANE, and maybe change image on business card!

I just observed stats say 650 views, and only 12% of those reply!
Folks, why the apathy?

George

Jackie_Haggerty
12-02-2006, 01:53 PM
Change my avatar AGAIN?! :eek:

Lori_Clapp
12-02-2006, 01:58 PM
George, it's not apathy - it's jealousy! We are lurking on this thread reading about all the fun you guys will have without us....hoping you don't talk about us in our absence;) , and wishing we could go!!

Besides, do you REALLY want to read through 650 posts on this one thread!!!?

Seriousely, most of the times I don't post it's because I don't want to "clog" up the thread with my trivial comments (like these), and make it harder for people to get to the good information.

David_Quisenberry
12-02-2006, 01:59 PM
I will be at my first national ppa event and got a buddy to join so we could split the buddy pass.

Lori_Clapp
12-02-2006, 01:59 PM
Jackie, look at it this way....no matter what you wear, and what angle people first see you from, and what lighting situation, they can't help but recognize you because we've seen it all here first! I bet no one tells you "you look nothing like your avatar"!

Lori_Clapp
12-02-2006, 02:02 PM
I will be at my first national ppa event and got a buddy to join so we could split the buddy pass.

David, if you are talking to me, thanks, but it's not the cost of the convention - it's the flight, hotel, meals, etc. that's killing me. I'm going to save my money for learning with a smaller number of people in the classes. As much as I would love to go to Imaging, it's mostly because of the fun of meeting everyone....so I will have to miss it for now!

Lori_Clapp
12-02-2006, 02:03 PM
Way off topic, but I have a question.....
If your avatar appears twice in a row in a thread, does it mean that you are talking to yourself???

If so, then I guess the 3rd in a row would mean at least you are also answering yourself!

Okay, back to the topic now....

Zack_Davis
12-02-2006, 02:29 PM
Way off topic, but I have a question.....
If your avatar appears twice in a row in a thread, does it mean that you are talking to yourself???

If so, then I guess the 3rd in a row would mean at least you are also answering yourself!

Okay, back to the topic now....

Three in a row, no your not talking to yourself... if you had posted four on the other hand. :D

George_Hawkins
12-02-2006, 02:51 PM
it's not the cost of the convention - it's the flight, hotel, meals, etc. that's killing me. I'm going to save my money for learning with a smaller number of people in the classes.

Oh yes, smaller classes are good, but even the larger ones have opportunity to learn. Not just in the programs, BUT in the little seating spaces within a trade show booth space can be very valuable.

The $$$! Do you charge your monthly lab bills to a credit card which gets you points or miles? My lab loves keeping the c/c on file: they have their money the first of each month! I have almost 50,000 points (far more than lab bills in a year), which will allow me a $500.00 check; my flight is $315.00, and parking at airport will be under $60.00! I lucked in to a hotel rate with breakfast of under $100.00, by planning ahead (not part of a PPA block).

George

Jeff_Dachowski
12-02-2006, 05:19 PM
it's the flight, hotel, meals, etc. that's killing me. !

Lori,
I understnad the expense,but I want to encourage you to attned even if it costs you 1500. Where else can you go for three to 4 days, and focus on your business? The total cost is almost nothing. $30 a week budgeted into your business. What if you go, see a great idea that earns you another 30k this year? Please reconsider attending.
Jeff

Jackie_Haggerty
12-03-2006, 02:34 AM
Lori,

It would be great to see you! I would like to encourage you also to attend!

Lori_Clapp
12-03-2006, 02:50 AM
Thanks everyone, for actually wanting me to go. obviously you all have not spent time with me! Lol.

I didn't mean that I wouldn't learn anything there - the smaller classes, etc, I was referring to....I just think there's more opportunity for questions, etc. Dang. I had decided to save my money for something else. Now I'll have to rethink it again! I do have a room reserved for $129 a night.

I'm thinking....

Holly_Howe
12-03-2006, 02:58 AM
Lori - Keith and I have not actually registered for the convention in several years. We just get a trade show pass from one of our suppliers. We never fail to learn enough to make it worth the expense. Just visiting with suppliers, or the programs suppliers have in their booths, or walking through the print show, or sign up for the judges critique, or even in the conversation you strike up with a person sitting across from you in the trade show snack bar.

The other thing is most suppliers use these major first of the year conventions to introduce new products. You see this stuff and get to offer it to your clients before your competitors. Just looking at the sample photographs and prop and background ideas in the trade show will give you tons of inspiration.

Just some more benefits of Imaging USA for you to consider.

Holly

Lori_Clapp
12-03-2006, 03:31 AM
I guess I need to check the debit card I use for my lab and start earning points or something. I never thought of that. Thanks for the tip George! I will check into flights.

I have no doubt that I will learn a lot if I go. I always learn something at any workshop/conference, etc. that I go to. And Jeff, I agree, I could learn one thing to make the trip pay for itself. I am going to go back and read all the different programs offered, check on flights, and do some more thinking.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Michael_Gan
12-03-2006, 05:56 AM
We arrive about 6:30 Sat. evening. Might not be in time to to get together with you guys on the pow wow. Se ya all on the convention floor.

Michael

Marc_Benjamin
12-03-2006, 06:50 AM
Count me in for Sat night. I just booked my flight and will be there early Sat afternoon.

So are we all meeting up at the Hilton lobby?

BTW, what's the weather like there for that week?

Derek_Alvarez
12-03-2006, 02:06 PM
Ok all this sounds fine

But there is one rule What happens in Texas Stay in Texas

and every one must have a camera that way there is no blackmail
we just have a stand off:(

You have compromising pics of me and I have the same of you
It will be the Texas Cold War

Jackie_Haggerty
12-03-2006, 02:07 PM
We arrive about 6:30 Sat. evening. Might not be in time to to get together with you guys on the pow wow. Se ya all on the convention floor.

Michael

Michael,

Is it possible you might join us late? :)

Jeff_Dachowski
12-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Jacki,
So is it 8 pm in the hilton lobby?
Jeff

Jackie_Haggerty
12-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Jeff,

I am working on details I will post soon with a count.

Trying to get w/ the restaurant and see if we can reserve.

Give me a day or two. :) Captains orders. ;) :D

George_Hawkins
12-03-2006, 03:13 PM
At one time, 8:00pm Saturday seemed a common denominator to aim for meeting. I'd aim for something to eat, as I was trying to attend the Jack & Eddie program and possibly the digital assett management program.

My better DSLR is becoming a "must have". With the new tsa regulations of only two carry-ons: I am trying to figure how to have a camera shoulder bag which easily slides under seats (I used to carry), as well as my roller; I think my shoulder bag is too large by new requirements. My computer slides out of the roller for inspection. The answer may be to stuff in checked luggage a soft camera bag.

George

Jackie_Haggerty
12-03-2006, 03:46 PM
Please, if you haven't posted that you will be attending, and would like to meet us for dinner, please send me a PM or let me know here so I have a somewhat accurate count!

Michael_Gan
12-03-2006, 05:56 PM
let us know where y'all are going and we'll try to be there. We check in at the Westin.

Zack_Davis
12-03-2006, 08:16 PM
I'll get in with Marc, he was cool enough to make room on his plane. :D ;)

Marc_Benjamin
12-03-2006, 08:58 PM
You have compromising pics of me and I have the same of you It will be the Texas Cold War

Oh it's war alright if any pics of me (compromising or not) shows up without any master artist level retouching!

Howard_Barlow
12-03-2006, 09:52 PM
Please, if you haven't posted that you will be attending, and would like to meet us for dinner, please send me a PM or let me know here so I have a somewhat accurate count!

Count me in. Food is my favorite meal.

Jane_Ann_Long
12-04-2006, 03:22 AM
I could drive down for dinner....my husband will be out of town training for his new job and I'll be home with the boys so... the convention is not in the cards for me this year.:( I would love to sneak out for the night though.....sounds like great fun!

Derek_Alvarez
12-04-2006, 03:27 AM
Marc

I promise to only Blackmail you in the most flattering light:D

Don_Barnes
12-05-2006, 12:16 AM
Count me in for Sat night. I just booked my flight and will be there early Sat afternoon.

So are we all meeting up at the Hilton lobby?

BTW, what's the weather like there for that week?

In Texas we never know what the weather will be like six hours from now, much less six weeks from now. :eek: Last week in the Dallas area we went from 72 degrees to 34 degrees in less than four hours and it was below freezing before morning. I don't think it got below freezing in San Antonio.

Marc_Benjamin
12-05-2006, 12:21 AM
In Texas we never know what the weather will be like six hours from now, much less six weeks from now. :eek: Last week in the Dallas area we went from 72 degrees to 34 degrees in less than four hours and it was below freezing before morning. I don't think it got below freezing in San Antonio.

Hmmmmmmm, I really really want to cruise around the convention floor in shorts and flip flops but I guess I need to bring a jacket and some sweaters then ey.

Jackie_Haggerty
12-05-2006, 02:34 AM
Hello Everyone!

I am waiting on the reservation form to be emailed to me but for now, here is the game plan:

We are meeting starting at 8:00 PM, Saturday, January 13 at the Naked Iguana Lounge, which is next door to or part of the Rio Rio Cantina. This location was chosen because it is close to the main hotels and the Convention Center.

Dinner reservations will be at 8:30 at the Rio Rio Cantina, therefore anyone that is pushing it to join us has a few extra minutes.

So far, the total number of people is somewhere between 15 and 20 that will be meeting for dinner. We will have a semi-private area set up for us.

Below is the link to the restaurant and lounge, and a map showing the location. There is also a menu posted as well.

http://www.rioriocantina.com/Default.aspx?PageID=7

Mike_Fulton
12-05-2006, 04:46 AM
I don't know if I can make it, but I will do my best to come by and say hello at least!

Myself
My business partner Cody (other half of TriCoast)
Connie Irwin - VP of one of the TN guilds
Suzy Roberts - Out of Tampa

All will come with me

Again we wont have time to eat dinner but I want to come by and say hello and introduce and meet the faces behind the text :)

Jackie_Haggerty
12-05-2006, 04:47 AM
Great, Mike. It will be good to see you.

:)

Mike_Fulton
12-05-2006, 05:16 AM
Things have changed Jackie Im sorry I wont be able to make the showing so please take me off your list. I know you trying to keep everything up to date.

Maybe some other time I will be able to meet with you. I will be on the convention floor speaking so hopefully I can meet you there.

George_Hawkins
12-05-2006, 01:23 PM
Below is the link to the restaurant and lounge, and a map showing the location. There is also a menu posted as well.

http://www.rioriocantina.com/Default.aspx?PageID=7

Looks great! I am emailing the link to some friends, who enjoy getting OUT and seeing interesting things in a city they are visiting. "out of the box"!

Jackie_Haggerty
12-13-2006, 01:21 AM
Hello everyone! I have the complete menu for Rio Rio Cantina if anyone is interest. Reservations have been made!

Jeff_Dachowski
12-13-2006, 02:12 AM
Jackie,
Thanks for all your work on this get together.
Jeff

Angela_Perry
12-14-2006, 12:15 AM
I just got my plane tickets! This will be my first national ppa! I am so excited!

Jackie_Haggerty
12-14-2006, 12:22 AM
Will you be meeting us for dinner Angela?

Angela_Perry
12-14-2006, 12:24 AM
I was just checking to what time the class was over that day. I will ask my husband. I would love to meet everyone! I will let you know asap.

Thanks!

Holly_Howe
12-14-2006, 01:08 AM
I just got my plane tickets! This will be my first national ppa! I am so excited!
Be prepared for the trade show - World's largest toy store for photographers!

Holly

Mark_Abraham
12-20-2006, 06:38 PM
Late decision to attend, hope to see some of you while we are there. Not sure if we'll be there in time for the dinner or not, we are driving.

It'll be nice to meet you all.

Jackie_Haggerty
12-20-2006, 07:31 PM
Mark,

You hang out too much in the cafe to not meet us for dinner. :)

LEAVE HOME EARLY!

And don't you need a t-shirt? ;)

Mark_Abraham
12-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Mark,

You hang out too much in the cafe to not meet us for dinner. :)

LEAVE HOME EARLY!

And don't you need a t-shirt? ;)

I forget if its 11 hours or 14 from here, that will make all the difference.. If we get there in time we'll certainly join the crowd.

I think I missed the Tshirt conversation, I am certain I want one though so please point me in the right direction.

Jackie_Haggerty
12-20-2006, 08:03 PM
http://ourppa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2755&page=13

Here ya go, Mark!

Don_Barnes
12-20-2006, 09:31 PM
I just got a call for a last minute wedding on the 13th. If they book, I won't get there until Sunday. I can't start off the new year turning down three grand.:(

Jackie_Haggerty
12-20-2006, 11:14 PM
And we'll have drinks on Don. :) ;)

Chip_Brockhaus
01-11-2007, 12:44 AM
hey all- I finally caught up to this thread, but didn't read it all the way through... besides the party Tuesday night, where is everyone meeting and at what time?? I saw Saturday 8pm but didn't see where... hep' me ya'll...

George_Hawkins
01-11-2007, 02:25 AM
hey all- I finally caught up to this thread, but didn't read it all the way through... besides the party Tuesday night, where is everyone meeting and at what time?? I saw Saturday 8pm but didn't see where... hep' me ya'll...

Since I have a print out of the website and the "drink menu", I think Jackie wrote RIO RIO Naked iGuana Lounge Saturday, but please don't quote me.
I am traveling tomorrow. Meeting one friend and maybe more from the northeast. I will have access to me email.

George

Jackie_Haggerty
01-11-2007, 02:59 AM
Hey all!

Dinner is Saturday at the Rio Rio Cantina, I have reservations set for 8:30. If you want to meet up for drinks (optional) at the Naked Iguana (next door, or part of the same place) that starts at 8:00. See you there!

Chip_Brockhaus
01-11-2007, 03:21 AM
Great! Look forward to meeting everybody, looks like it's close to the Hyatt also (short walk!)

David_Quisenberry
01-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Just to let everyone know, I will be wearing a black t-shirt on saturday and Monday and a blue one on Sunday and Tuesday, just so you can spot me in the crowd if you want to stop and say hello.

Michael_Bobinski
01-11-2007, 03:09 PM
I am hoping to meet up with the group as well. If you haven't figured out, I'm an extreme introvert, and trying to claw my way out of the far corner on the Meyers-Briggs personality graph. My friend Ed and I will be there. We also have a 6-7 passenger van to help carpool.

Michael Bobinski
Bluefish Photography
cell 979-777-6834

David_Quisenberry
01-11-2007, 04:28 PM
David, what color shoes will you be wearing Monday?

White Nike's with my logo in place of the swoosh.. must always market.

JE_Hedges_Photography
01-11-2007, 04:42 PM
I'll have on hoop earrings.

Marc_Benjamin
01-11-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm wearing red sox

Jeff_Dachowski
01-11-2007, 05:49 PM
I Will be easy to spot. I will be the guy at the convention.
Jeff

Jackie_Haggerty
01-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Jeff, will you be hanging around that girl named Carrolle?

Jackie_Haggerty
01-11-2007, 06:52 PM
Even if you are not actively posting here on ourPPA, you are WELCOME to join us for dinner! Please let me know if you would like to join us, we would love to have you. :)

Mark_Katz
01-11-2007, 08:21 PM
I Will be easy to spot. I will be the guy at the convention.
JeffWell, I guess there will be at least 2 of us then, eh?

Jackie,
I'll be coming in on Sunday evening as I have an event on Saturday night and one on Sunday morning. How can I get my t-shirt(s)? :confused:

Jackie_Haggerty
01-11-2007, 08:34 PM
:( I'm waiting to hear the t-shirt status, Mark. Wish I could tell ya!!

I;m hoping Jeff comes through and is able to bring star glasses. :cool: Who's fun enough to wear them?

Marc_Benjamin
01-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Ah do:cool: you have to ask!

Jeff_Dachowski
01-11-2007, 11:56 PM
Jackie ,
I will try to get a bunch of pairs of glasses, and maybe if I can get enough, we could hire a photographer to take a portrait of us?

Carolle is currently already in San Antonio. See you soon.
Jeff

Jackie_Haggerty
01-11-2007, 11:57 PM
well at least bring the pair you have and we can take turns making new avatars with them

:) :D

Lori_Clapp
01-12-2007, 12:27 AM
Stop, you're making me jealous. If anyone cares what I'll be wearing during the convention, let me know.

I wish I was going!!!!! Nobody have too much fun without me. If you start to have LOTS of fun, call me on my cell and put me on speaker so I can join in.

Jackie_Haggerty
01-12-2007, 01:01 AM
Send me your cell # !! Should I wear something special in honor of you, Lori?

Lori_Clapp
01-12-2007, 01:05 AM
Send me your cell # !! Should I wear something special in honor of you, Lori?

Yeah, wear snowboots - the way it's snowing here, I probably would have been snowed in anyway!

Here's my cell 307-262-2268. Yeah, I don't care if the whole world has it. (Except my clients!!) The worst anyone on this forum could do with it is call and give me advice!!

On second thought - yes, there is something else I want you to wear in honor of me. I want you to wear a shirt that says, "I sure wish Lori was here"

Amy_Cantrell
01-12-2007, 01:09 AM
Does anyone know how far the Rio Rio is from the Hilton hotel. Or better yet, where to get a good map of the area around the convention center with the hotels and restaurants?

thanks!
Amy

Lori_Clapp
01-12-2007, 01:14 AM
Does anyone know how far the Rio Rio is from the Hilton hotel. Or better yet, where to get a good map of the area around the convention center with the hotels and restaurants?

thanks!
Amy

There's a good map in "Professional Photographer" this month. Unfortunately, I don't need it since I'm not going...

DianeDavis
01-12-2007, 01:19 AM
Lori-

You, Me, Betsy and anyone else that is at home- Chat, Saturday night. We'll have a little pity party with our hot dogs and IM's.

Maybe we could get some T-shirts and write on them with magic marker?

Lori_Clapp
01-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Maybe we could just write on them with pencil - let's be as pathetic as possible....lol

DianeDavis
01-12-2007, 01:45 AM
Yeah, that's it, use pencils with the erasers chewed off. And old holey t-shirts.

Jackie_Haggerty
01-12-2007, 01:49 AM
Lori,

I will wear a name tag that says "I wish Lori was here!" How's that? I don't own any snowboots to wear. :D

Since I am the organizer of this event, I will post my cell # also, though this is my BUSINESS PHONE and is on my web site, so it is out there anyway. If you want to jot it down, anyone that is going, here it is:

309-530-9899

:cool: ;)

Jackie_Haggerty
01-12-2007, 01:51 AM
We have a few extra Barbie's sitting around here, We could put your names on them and carry them around with us. How's that? I get dibs on "Dynamic Diane" Barbie...

DianeDavis
01-12-2007, 01:52 AM
Aww, thanks Jackie. I'll take that.

Katie_Hartnett
01-12-2007, 01:59 AM
i'll be at home eating hoho's drinking yoohoos crank calling lori with advice - all the while hoping that Jackie has brought my "fabulous katie sparkle" doll...but it's not a barbi - it's a knockoff - her hair fell out after we dyed it pink with blue streaks

wait...that's what i'm doing tonite

Katie_Hartnett
01-12-2007, 02:00 AM
don't answer the phone lori...it's just me with advice on pricing.

Jackie_Haggerty
01-12-2007, 02:02 AM
i'll be at home eating hoho's drinking yoohoos crank calling lori with advice - all the while hoping that Jackie has brought my "fabulous katie sparkle" doll...but it's not a barbi - it's a knockoff - her hair fell out after we dyed it pink with blue streaks

wait...that's what i'm doing tonite

Kate, THAT FITS YOU PERFECTLY! Where do I find one of those dolls?

Careful, Lori will think you are crazy.... !!

Katie_Hartnett
01-12-2007, 02:04 AM
i'll fedex it to your hotel room

you should do a where's waldo theme - taking pictures of my doll in random places...having fun...minus the hoho's and yooho

diabetes rocks

Jackie_Haggerty
01-12-2007, 02:09 AM
How much fun should she have, Kate? I would hate for her to sneak around on stage behind the person speaking or something. Her pink hair might give it away... :eek:

Lori_Clapp
01-12-2007, 03:38 AM
don't answer the phone lori...it's just me with advice on pricing.

Katie, what? That was YOU? I already changed all my pricing after our phone call! Are you going to join the pity party Saturday night?

Jackie, Is there a "Loser Lori" Barbie still available?

Mark_Levesque
01-12-2007, 03:59 AM
Jackie, Is there a "Loser Lori" Barbie still available?
I'm afraid Ken's lowlife brother Ben drove off with her in a pink Hyundai to go to Lover's Lane. ;)

Lori_Clapp
01-12-2007, 04:02 AM
I'm afraid Ken's lowlife brother Ben drove off with her in a pink Hyundai to go to Lover's Lane. ;)

Dang! Just my luck!

Jeff_Dachowski
01-12-2007, 04:03 AM
Ken was last seen sporting away in a hyundai covered in blue paint!

Holly_Howe
01-12-2007, 04:21 AM
Is there a "Loser Lori" Barbie still available?

Shame on you! I don't have losers for friends. ( No fun to hang around with) And you are definately on my Christmas card list - therefore logic proves you are not a loser!

Holly

Jackie_Haggerty
01-12-2007, 04:27 AM
How about "Casper Girl Barbie" ? :D

Lori_Clapp
01-12-2007, 04:30 AM
How about "Casper the friendly barbie ghost"? My ghost will be haunting all of you at Imaging for having fun without me!

Holly, sorry, didn't mean to knock your friends....and I loved your Christmas Card! I haven't done mine yet....

DianeDavis
01-12-2007, 04:42 AM
So the Diane, Lori and Katie Barbies will get to attend with pictures!! We could make a calendar when they get back.

I don't want Diane Barbie to dress to Mom'ish, 'k. Let's pretend she is very stylish and really knows fashion. Thanks for your attention Jackie.

What about Betsy? I know she'd want to go too.

Lori_Clapp
01-12-2007, 04:51 AM
And Ron Jackson - he's not going is he? He needs a Barbie.

Jackie_Haggerty
01-12-2007, 04:54 AM

I think I have a prince around here somewhere. ;)

Holly_Howe

Ron - I think you just been dissed. Could he maybe have a Ken? or a GI Joe?

DianeDavis
A teddy bear for Ron?

Jackie_Haggerty
01-12-2007, 04:55 AM
How about Buzz Lightyear?

DianeDavis
01-12-2007, 04:56 AM
That's the ticket. Think Security will wonder?

Lori_Clapp
01-12-2007, 04:59 AM
I always liked GI Joe when I was little. With his fake scar of course - and dog tags! Maybe we better let Ron decide. Someone call and wake him up and see what he wants - oh wait, he's smarter than the rest of us - he didn't plaster his cell number on the forum like some of us did.

Holly, can we count on you to make sure Jackie carries all these dolls around at IUSA? We don't want to be stuck in her suitcase the whole time!

Kelly_Michelle
01-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Can Kelly Barbie come too?

(When you live in Texas and still can't go - how lame is that?) :(

Lori_Clapp
01-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Can Kelly Barbie come too?

(When you live in Texas and still can't go - how lame is that?) :(

Isn't Kelly Barbie's little sister? Sorry, but yes, that is kind of lame! You can join our party though!

Kelly_Michelle
01-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Isn't Kelly Barbie's little sister?

Gee, I don't get to go AND my barbie is the baby sister barbie? :eek:
Does that mean that Kelly barbie doesn't get to go to the bars either?

Don_Barnes
01-12-2007, 04:01 PM
And we'll have drinks on Don. :) ;)

I just got a call for a last minute wedding on the 13th. If they book, I won't get there until Sunday. I can't start off the new year turning down three grand.

They didn't book so I guess I'm off the hook for drinks. See you guys at the Rio Rio.

David_Quisenberry
01-12-2007, 04:47 PM
UPDATE: I am switching to my DQ logo'd galoshes which are yellow.

Just to let everyone know, I will be wearing a black t-shirt on saturday and Monday and a blue one on Sunday and Tuesday, just so you can spot me in the crowd if you want to stop and say hello.

David_Capano
01-13-2007, 12:25 AM
Howdy y'all!

(And yes, I can say that as I'm from Kentucky ;) )

Been gone a while, yadda yadda, no time for that stuff... told you before you wouldn't get rid of me.

...been here in San Antonio for 2 1/2 days and am having a blast! The Riverwalk is beautiful and the people are wonderful. (For the most part... caution, if you walk the streets, be prepared to have at least 1 person PER block ask you for change or cigarettes.) I've been to Business Modules 1 and 2 and am attending Bus. Module 3 tomorrow. I also attended the Ron Nichols show on Thursday night. All have been useful and insightful. I've finally chosen some presentation software, so one major goal has been accomplished... and the convention hasn't even started yet, ha!

I've been in contact with Jackie... and despite the controversy, will see you all at the Rio Rio!

I'd love to chat a bit more, but I've got to go see a man about some chili cheese fries!

Michael_Gan
01-13-2007, 01:01 AM
Howdy y'all!

(And yes, I can say that as I'm from Kentucky ;) )

Been gone a while, yadda yadda, no time for that stuff... told you before you wouldn't get rid of me.

...been here in San Antonio for 2 1/2 days and am having a blast! The Riverwalk is beautiful and the people are wonderful. (For the most part... caution, if you walk the streets, be prepared to have at least 1 person PER block ask you for change or cigarettes.) I've been to Business Modules 1 and 2 and am attending Bus. Module 3 tomorrow. I also attended the Ron Nichols show on Thursday night. All have been useful and insightful. I've finally chosen some presentation software, so one major goal has been accomplished... and the convention hasn't even started yet, ha!

I've been in contact with Jackie... and despite the controversy, will see you all at the Rio Rio!

I'd love to chat a bit more, but I've got to go see a man about some chili cheese fries!who are you? ;)

Marc_Benjamin
01-13-2007, 01:16 AM

What controversy? and what do you mean by "contact?"

Mark_Abraham
01-13-2007, 01:28 AM
The Ice Storm cometh, some of us may be in for a really tuff day tomrrow! Arghh, the ice keeps getting thicker in these parts.

Likely see you all Sunday if at all.

DianeDavis
01-13-2007, 03:03 AM
I just got word that blonde Polly Pocket with a great outfit is on her way to represent me. I'm so excited to see what I get to do!

David_Quisenberry
01-13-2007, 04:55 AM
I made it this evening about 10. Turned left instead of right and cruised the barrio - all is muly bueno. Safely enconsed in my hotel room with highschool kids partying above me.

Lori_Clapp
01-13-2007, 05:12 AM
Show offs.....ALL of you! Kelly, our Barbies will sneak your Kelly Barbie into a couple of bars, but NO smoking!

Kelly_Michelle
01-13-2007, 06:02 AM
Show offs.....ALL of you! Kelly, our Barbies will sneak your Kelly Barbie into a couple of bars, but NO smoking!

Hey, just as long as Kelly Barbie gets to stay out past curfew - woohoo....

Naomi_Angel
01-13-2007, 07:17 AM
Geez, I am so bummed I'm not in Texas. I really wanted to go.....:(

DianeDavis
01-13-2007, 08:58 AM
Naomi,
Zack hasn't left yet. I'll see if I can find a barbie (my baby girl is 19) and sneak it in his bag so you, too can live vicariously.

Although I can't say what will happen when Zack finds her in his bag later- not sure she'll get to go out with him :(.

Naomi_Angel
01-13-2007, 09:43 AM
Naomi,
Zack hasn't left yet. I'll see if I can find a barbie (my baby girl is 19) and sneak it in his bag so you, too can live vicariously.

Although I can't say what will happen when Zack finds her in his bag later- not sure she'll get to go out with him :(.

You better HOPE he doesn't. :D

DianeDavis
01-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Naomi is going after all. Zack pick a great "rep" for her. Watch for pics.

Naomi_Angel
01-13-2007, 10:31 AM
hmm....I can hardly wait to see what I look like in San Antonio. :D

Marc_Benjamin
01-13-2007, 10:43 AM

Hmmmmmm, I'm getting some ideas with barbies and the xray machines at the airport!

Derek_Alvarez
01-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Hey gang my flight was canceled and no flight resheduled
Looks like i'm out!
AA is only offering me a refund no other option

Ice storm

Mark_Levesque
01-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Geez, I am so bummed I'm not in Texas. I really wanted to go.....
Tell me about it. As Donnie says, I'm making boo-boo lips.

David_Capano
01-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Who am I? -- I'm Dave Capano, of course. :rolleyes:

What do I mean by contact? -- Well, I don't mean that I've been sending corrective lenses back and forth... I've stayed in touch with Jackie via that wonderful invention called the telephone.

....man, has it really been that long that I've been forgotten? Guess I gotta start making waves again. (just kidding. :D )

Don_Barnes
01-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Hey gang my flight was canceled and no flight resheduled
Looks like i'm out!
AA is only offering me a refund no other option

Ice storm

I don't understand. There is no ice between Florida and San Antonio. Nothing south of DFW area.

Mark_Abraham
01-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Cancelled mine also, I get to try again at 6:00AM tomorrow, if that doesn't work (very likely) then we won't be able to really go. At least expedia is being very helpful with all this.

Tomorrow is another day! ; -) don't you love worthless cliche?

DianeDavis
01-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Just got back from the airport. Zack, Marc and gang are in L.A. now. They may be at dinner by themselves.

Mark_Abraham
01-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Its a good day to live in LA! :-)

Derek_Alvarez
01-13-2007, 06:25 PM
Yeppy

They got me on the 5:15

Don you are correct but my flight was to DFW:(

All is well I think:o

David_Capano
01-14-2007, 04:45 AM
Just got back from dinner with the gang. It was a *great* time. Jackie, I can't thank you enough for keeping this thing together. Derek was not able to attend, though Jackie did talk with him on her way back to the hotel, he had just landed.

Looking forward to more days of learning and general photo-goodness with all our pals... even Marc. ;)

...wish everyone could be here!

Mark_Levesque
01-14-2007, 04:48 AM
So do we.

Don_Barnes
01-14-2007, 04:48 AM
Enjoyed having dinner with "Barbie", "Polly Pockets", or whoever they were and a few real folks also. Thanks for arranging this Jackie.

Jeff_Dachowski
01-14-2007, 05:12 AM
Howard,
I think you left your Congressional Medal of Honor at the table.
Jeff

Lori_Clapp
01-14-2007, 05:36 AM
Did all us Barbies have fun at dinner? Or were we left at the hotel? Gald you guys are having fun - jealous as heck that I'm not there! Next year.....

Mark_Abraham
01-14-2007, 06:00 AM
Well, Lori, You are now not alone, I won't get to go now either. Oh well, I guess I'll go to HOAPPA here in KC this year. I saw my state has something nearby in Feb also, so maybe do that also.

So, I guess I'll work on our national add campign tomorrow, its really about to takshape I believe.

Hope you all have fun there! See you next year maybe!

DianeDavis
01-14-2007, 06:01 AM
I just want to know if I got drunk and embarrassed myself

Lori_Clapp
01-14-2007, 06:19 AM
Diane, I hope we didn't get drunk - I have too much to do tomorrow - I can't deal with a hangover!

Mark, sorry to hear you won't make it - I know you were looking forward to it. Let's just all plan now on going next year - then we'll pray for good weather so none of us get snowed in or out!

JE_Hedges_Photography
01-15-2007, 04:35 AM
Ladies, y'all got very drunk tonight... and I won't say who... but somebody was spanking somebody's butt. Jackie got pics. I was quite embarrassed for y'all. I mean... it's ashame you can't hold your liquor... and Lori, you were the worst of them all... my goodness girl! :eek:

JE_Hedges_Photography
01-15-2007, 04:36 AM
Let me add... I enjoyed meeting everyone tonight... and may I also say... Howard, you are one sexy man! Growl!!!

DianeDavis
01-15-2007, 04:40 AM
Lori- Ya think they are going to let us go out with them tomorrow night after our display tonight? And I was really looking forward to tomorrow night.

Lori_Clapp
01-15-2007, 05:27 AM
Holy Cow - we are having a blast aren't we?? I'm not sure we will be out of jail tomorrow night Diane!!! Haha.

Sounds like they are having a great time....wish we were there!

DianeDavis
01-15-2007, 06:18 AM
Evidently we can use the dollars we got for dancing towards our bail.

They are having too much fun. That may be on the border of illegal!

Jeff_Dachowski
01-15-2007, 06:43 AM
Ladie,
You need not worry. We have photographic evidence of all of your exlpoits!

Be afraid, be very afraid.
Jeff

Lori_Clapp
01-15-2007, 06:50 AM
I've seen one of the photographs, and I AM afraid!

DianeDavis
01-15-2007, 06:52 AM
Lori,
Could you send me that photo please. Mine didn't come through.

DianeDavis
01-15-2007, 07:00 AM
I honestly don't know what happened. This is really not in my personality to do the things I have done tonight. It must have been the people that I was hanging out with. And the saddest thing is that I don't really have a clue exactly all that I have done, but the stories that are coming through- OH Man. And my son witnessed it all.

David_Capano
01-15-2007, 07:33 AM
I honestly don't know what happened. This is really not in my personality to do the things I have done tonight. It must have been the people that I was hanging out with. And the saddest thing is that I don't really have a clue exactly all that I have done, but the stories that are coming through- OH Man. And my son witnessed it all.

That's what happens when you get that drunk... usually you only have the word of others to go on as to what you did... but we've got real, verifiable *proof*

mwuhahaha!

...but yes, you're having a blast, and don't worry about the bail money, you spent it all on drinks and we kept you out of jail... unfortunately we weren't able to capture images of what you did with that police officer to get out of that... but I digress. :D

Lori_Clapp
01-15-2007, 02:51 PM
Diane, it's on my cell - I'll try to e-mail it to you from there - PM me with either your cell number or your e-mail address

DianeDavis
01-15-2007, 11:34 PM
Ok, folks. Who will be the one that makes sure I don't drink tonight. I've already given folks plenty to talk about.

David_Quisenberry
01-16-2007, 02:34 AM
I have to admit I was very impressed with Jackie's ability to drink Maker's Mark straight while demonstrating her knowledge of every David Allan Coe song that has been written.

JE_Hedges_Photography
01-16-2007, 03:11 AM
Okay... new avatar... whatcha think??? :D

Linda_Gregory
01-16-2007, 03:18 AM
I think it's GREAT! probably score an 85. <g>

I mean, it DOES tell a story!

I'm disappointedly I missed ALL the parties! I couldn't go so I didn't start to read this thread and whine.

From now on, I'll whine all I want! I missed being a BARBIEEEE! Or, maybe I'm a Midge. Definitely no Skipper!

Probably couldn't have gotten out anyway with the weather we had. Mark, see you in Junction City in Feb and HOA in March?

Linda

Lori_Clapp
01-16-2007, 04:32 AM
Okay... new avatar... whatcha think??? :D

Jeff??? Is that you?

JE_Hedges_Photography
01-16-2007, 05:08 AM
Ha! Glasses compliments of Jeff... although I stole them from Jackie! :)

D._Craig_Flory
01-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Hi Julie;

I think you are wearing those because you were selected to be on Star Search. So, what's your talent ? (as I typed that I thought about the "talents" on "Miss Congeniality ... gonna twirl a batton or play the water glasses ??? LOL)

Jackie_Haggerty
01-16-2007, 11:15 PM
You have no idea who has been photographed with those glasses on!!

;)

Talk to Jeff D!!!

Michael_Gan
01-17-2007, 05:52 AM
Ooooyes I do! hehe

What goes on in San Antonio....

Michael :)

JE_Hedges_Photography
01-17-2007, 06:30 AM
So you ask... what is my talent??? BEATING THE ICE STORM IN TEXAS!!! My 8am Wednesday flight got cancelled until 5:00pm Thursday evening. With all the flight cancellations, I strongly felt that even then was probably not possible... so I rented a car and I sit here at 1:24am in Lafayette, LA after an 8 hour, icy, slow drive hoping that I beat the ice so I can fly out tomorrow. yeah!!!:D

David_Quisenberry
01-17-2007, 11:48 AM
I slipped and slid home last night and just now woke up to freezing rain here :(

DianeDavis
01-17-2007, 05:36 PM
Maybe we should change this thread to "Who's getting home?"

Mark_Katz
01-17-2007, 05:51 PM
I made it home yesterday afternoon. Left at 1 pm after listening to Hanson Fong. 3.5 hour drive to Houston with virtually no traffic on the road. That's a rarity, right? It was raining for most of the way. Ice formed on the wiper blades, rear view mirrors and front of car but the roads were fine.

I saw Jack on Monday afternoon and asked him about OurPPA members getting together on Tuesday morning. Oh well, it didn't happen.

What were your opinions of Imaging? The classes?

I liked the Expo, but was a little bit disappointed with the variety of classes. Nichols and Hawkins were pretty informative.

Anyone else?

Whatever happened to the t-shirts?

Naomi_Angel
01-17-2007, 08:03 PM
So, my flight was cancelled. I have another day to enjoy rainy San Antonio. yay!!! Going to the mall!

David_Capano
01-18-2007, 07:28 AM
Naomi,

Sorry I'm just now seeing this... my flight was cancelled as well and I'm still here. This actually turned out well for me, well, lets say that I made the best of a bad situation... I spent the day catching up on sleep, recuperating, getting the head to stop spinning from information overload, reflecting on the conference and what I've learned... but mostly... sad that it's over. I'll be very glad to keep up with all of you on the forums, but it's just not the same. I look forward to our next meeting.

Watching Marc get his award was pretty cool... and seeing names in that program of those that couldn't be here was sad. All in all, it was awesome... I'm so bummed it's over. :(

See you all next year, if not sooner! :D

Jackie_Haggerty
01-18-2007, 04:23 PM
The girls didn't win the raffle... :mad:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i240/JackieHaggerty/DSCF0923.jpg

Holly_Howe
01-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Lori,
Could you send me that photo please. Mine didn't come through.

We would like to post that image on this forum. But Jack would kick us off for sure!

Holly

Holly_Howe
01-18-2007, 05:19 PM
We got home last night - or this morning - at 2:00AM. It was an "er" conference than I expected

San Antonio - cold"er"
trade show - larg"er"
Jack - gray"er" (think this forum has something to do with it?LOL!)
Marc Benjamin - funni"er"
Zach Davis - quiet"er"
the girls - Betsy, Katie, Lori & Diane - slutti"er"
Jackie - bold"er"(in a good way!)
David C. - hipp"er"
Carrolle - Jeff's wife - nic"er" than he deserves - and now that she knows us - she will start posting too!
Jeff - the one person who was exactly like I imagined from this forum - so no "er for him!
We'll try to post photos tonight!

Holly

Jackie_Haggerty
01-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Bolder?

:eek:

Holly_Howe
01-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Bolder?

I mean that in a good way! Like not timid - not meek - like more confident and outgoing. It meant it as a compliment!

Holly

Jackie_Haggerty
01-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Whew!! ;)

David_Quisenberry
01-18-2007, 06:21 PM
Bolder?

you made 6 guys mind their manners because you were such a lady the first day at lunch. how else could someone describe you?

p.s. please note Jackie this is the last time I water this down to make you happy

Mark_Katz
01-18-2007, 06:33 PM
We'll try to post photos tonight!

Holly
Wow, I missed that party. Although with "slutti-er" woman running around, I bet my wife is glad I only arrived Sunday! ;)

Jackie_Haggerty
01-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Umm, Howard? You weren't even there, man!

What were YOU doing? :confused:

Jackie_Haggerty
01-18-2007, 06:57 PM
Wait a minute: Was that YOU?

DianeDavis
01-18-2007, 07:04 PM
Holly

Ok, now I am waiting on pins and needles for the photographic evidence of our exploits.

Jackie_Haggerty
01-18-2007, 07:06 PM
I am sure the more interesting images will be email to you!!

Who is needing star sunglasses? I bet Jeff can help you out. My pink ones made it all the way home!!

By the way, did anyone ever find Diane's clothes? They were lost the first night, and I haven't seen them since.

Betsy_Finn
01-18-2007, 07:11 PM

well either I must have really been out of things this week :eek: (being at I-USA and not knowing it)...or there's someone running around pretending to be me! :o

(or, there's another Betsy -- but that would be too logical ;) )

Glad you guys had a blast!

Jackie_Haggerty
01-18-2007, 07:21 PM
Aww, there's only one Betsy!!

;) :D

Jackie_Haggerty
01-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Holly titled this one. Note the white backdrop, direct on camera flash to add harsh shadow for effect.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i240/JackieHaggerty/DSCF0961RR.jpg

Linda_Gregory
01-18-2007, 08:27 PM
Hey! Who ARE they and who won?!?

Holly_Howe
01-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Hey! Who ARE they and who won?!?

That's Lori with the darker hair and Diane with the lighter hair. And me with just the hands showing! It was a tie - they kissed and made up. NO we do not have pictures of them kissing.
Holly

Jackie_Haggerty
01-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Holly! Lori was dressed when I gave her to you!

Where's the lime peel pictures anyway?

Holly_Howe
01-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Holly! Lori was dressed when I gave her to you!

Where's the lime peel pictures anyway?

When I got her the clothes were goner - Mark was the one taking them off I believe. The rest of the pics will go up tonight - I hope!

Holly

Holly_Howe
01-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Hey - I just remembered - the lime helmets are on Jeff's camera. I took it cause he couldn't back up - but remember I hit my head on the fishing poles? Let everybody who wasn't there try to figure that out!
Holly

Holly_Howe
01-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Jackie - call the lost & found at the Hilton Lobby bar and see if they found any teeny tiny little clothes.

Hummmmm - wasn't it after Jack left that those clothes were missing? They were there before he showed up - but I don't remember seeing them after he left.

Holly

Katie_Hartnett
01-18-2007, 10:20 PM

ok...I know that i was minding my p's and q's
would someone tell me where my clothes are