PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio & Imaging...

George_Hawkins
11-15-2006, 01:38 AM
Let's anyone submit ideas of what to do on Friday. I am arriving Thursday, and wanted one free day. I'd like to be in program on Saturday.

Who is familiar with San Antonio enough to make suggestions: First I'd say walking distances of downtown areas: good visual experiences for my eyes and possibly camera captures, and good food? OK, thoughts on food other days?

George

Marc_Benjamin
11-15-2006, 06:12 PM
George,

I was gonna suggest that we hit the bars hard and paint the town red! Also, I heard that there was some kind of Rodeo convention going on so what do you say about us kids buying some cowboy hats and em boots!

George_Hawkins
11-16-2006, 12:11 AM
There's also mud festival of some sort, held annually when the river is drained & cleaned. Details I think on city's website.

Don_Barnes
11-16-2006, 03:52 PM
There's also mud festival of some sort, held annually when the river is drained & cleaned. Details I think on city's website.

We will be there right after the River has been cleaned. :( I would recommend that you ride one of the river boats first. That will give you an overall look at the river areas and you can make notes on places you want to revisit.

The Historic "Alamo" is also a must see and is within walking distance. Also downtown is the Buckhorn Saloon. So much to see, so little time.

If it's not too cold I suggest you have lunch on the river. There are so many good place just take your pick. I would recommend dinner at Mi Tierra in the market. It is a dozen or so blocks from the river area, but if you like a good hike. Another favorite of mine is Piasano's on the river. Also Landry's Seafood and the Landing Jazz Club.

George_Hawkins
11-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Thanks Don,

Saving that info, and print later.

George