PDA

View Full Version : Now CPP :D

Betsy_Finn
10-26-2006, 02:38 AM
Hi guys, I thought I'd share my good news with you! I passed my exam so I'm now certified :D

It's really nice to see my name on the certified photographer website! Thanks to everyone that helped with questions and put up with my impatience while waiting for my results.

:cool: :D

KirkDarling
10-26-2006, 03:42 AM
Muchos congratos, Betsy. Kudos.

Mark_Levesque
10-26-2006, 03:49 AM
{applause}

Karen_Linsley
10-26-2006, 05:24 AM
Yahoo Betsy! I know how hard you worked for that, congratulations!

Kelly_Michelle
10-26-2006, 06:09 AM
Congratulations, Betsy!

Wilson_Hitchings
10-26-2006, 01:11 PM
...but non-certified photographic males will NOT ask you out now. It's an ego thing. Sorry!

David_A._Lottes
10-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Update that signature girl!!! And the website and the business cards and the price lists and CONGRATULATIONS!

Betsy_Finn
10-26-2006, 03:52 PM
I would update my signature but I can't seem to "save" my changes right now (server/userCP problem) :eek:

Oh wait, looks like it did update after all. *false alarm* :o

Marc_Benjamin
10-26-2006, 06:09 PM
So when's the big party! Hmmmmmm what to drink what to drink! lol

Robin_Arkenberg
10-26-2006, 06:33 PM
Hello Betsy,

How long did it all take, studying for the exam, and making decisions on the images? How about showing some of the images that you submitted?

Great Job,
Robin

Mark_Levesque
10-26-2006, 07:44 PM
How about showing some of the images that you submitted?
That's a good idea. Each person that passes should post a pointer to a gallery of their qualifying images. That would be a cool tradition, doncha think?

Robin_Arkenberg
10-26-2006, 08:07 PM
It sure would give us a better idea of what is being submitted and accepted.

Tommie_Huffman
10-26-2006, 11:01 PM
congrats betsy!

Betsy_Finn
10-26-2006, 11:39 PM
sounds good guys :) I'll start a thread just shortly.

Thanks for the idea!

Tommie_Huffman
10-29-2006, 09:53 PM
i called ppa to ask when i would be added to website and they said there is a software problem and they can not add anyone right now. Needless to say i am disappointed as i am sure all those of you including betsy are as well. they do not know when problem will be fixed either.

Betsy_Finn
10-29-2006, 10:45 PM
Tommie,

have you gone to www.certifiedphotographer.com ? I am listed on there now, even though I'm not listed as CPP on the PPA website :p

Betsy_Finn
10-29-2006, 10:52 PM
Hello Betsy,

How long did it all take, studying for the exam, and making decisions on the images? How about showing some of the images that you submitted?

Great Job,
Robin

Ok since the forum was down when I meant to reply to this...

I'd been thinking about Certification for a while, but "officially" started studying in April (with an online study/discussion group started here on ourppa). We went through a chapter a week (ending in September) of the Photography 8e text, with weekly discussion sessions (and online quizzes from the book's website).

I did purchase all of the "recommended" texts listed on the CPP site -- went through all but 1 of them (plus half of another that I haven't yet finished). I think on average, it took me maybe 2-3 days per book (+note-taking).
[EDIT: read my reviews of the books at photobooks.wordpress.com (http://photobooks.wordpress.com)]

My first round at the image submission -- I didn't really spend tooo much time on my image selection -- just picked 20 most recent images, basically. The second time I spent about a week reviewing my images and "optimizing" them for the DVD output -- just in case, since I was a little apprehensive about the DVD media on the second round.

So the whole process took 7 months, from start of studying through taking the exam. Of course, that's on top of normal job and personal things, it's not like I was devoting all my spare time to studying. Maybe the last week before the exam was more intensive, but otherwise I studied at a reasonable/leisurely pace.

Hope that helps! :D

Jane_Ann_Long
11-03-2006, 04:58 AM
I'm very proud of you Betsy, as I am for each of you who worked hard for this!

Betsy_Finn
11-03-2006, 05:21 AM
Thanks Jane :D

Vance_Wagener
11-15-2006, 03:45 AM
Betsy, can I buy your books if your done with them?

Betsy_Finn
11-15-2006, 08:45 PM
Betsy, can I buy your books if your done with them?

I'm actually planning on holding onto most of them..... hehe I think I like books too much (grew up being a bookworm -- love to have "reference" books). I'll take a little time tomorrow to look through and see if there's any I'm willing to part with...in which case I'll let you know. Don't get your hopes up though!! :eek: :cool:

I did write little "mini-reviews" of each book as I read it (aside from the main text) so if you're trying to decide which ones to get your hands on, I'd be happy to share those. :D

[btw, Amazon.com was a great resource for getting the books used/inexpensively]