PDA

View Full Version : My DVD passed!

Tommie_Huffman
10-20-2006, 03:50 PM
I am now just waiting on results from my exam. Here is a link to my dvd show so you can see how i did it.
show (http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2691693&alb=0)

David_A._Lottes
10-20-2006, 04:11 PM
Just Wonderful Tom!
Your images make me proud to be certified. Way to go!

Betsy_Finn
10-20-2006, 04:29 PM
Good job! your slideshow looks great I can see why you passed ;) :D

Tommie_Huffman
10-20-2006, 07:02 PM
thanks you guys! I am so excited. I really didn't think they would pass on the first try!

Kim_McMillion
10-25-2006, 12:40 PM
Very Nice. How long did you study to get certified. How long was the written exam.

-Kim ;)

Karen_Linsley
10-25-2006, 03:12 PM
congratulations Tommie, way to go! I am right behind you, have passed the exam and will be submitting my images soon.

Kim; the exam was 100 multiple choice questions. You are allowed two hours to complete it. There are study groups formed, I'm not sure if one is going on now, but you can find information about that and other certification ins and outs by reading the threads in the certified section of this web site.

There is also a certified section on the main ppa web site at www.ppa.com that will give you more info.

Michael_Gan
10-25-2006, 04:38 PM
Throughout the summer, my local affiliate, Profesional Photographers of Northern California, embarked on a mission to get as many members certified. They passed around a sign-up sheet to our 80 members and got 16 to sign up. Each week they met and discussed each chapter of the Upton book, with each person taking charge of each chapter (good exercise in leadership!)

I proctored the exam (as the NCal liason) to 14 of those who signed up. I am pleased to report that 13 out of the 14 passed the exam in September. 9 of those managed to submit their images.

I am pleased to report that 8 members have passed and are officially CPPs!

Michael

Tommie_Huffman
10-26-2006, 12:22 AM
I did not have a study group but I studied another local photographer the night before the exam. I have been studying by myself for about 2 months before i took the exam.