PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Rooms

Holly_Howe
08-07-2006, 04:30 PM
As of this morning the Hilton only has rooms at the convention rate for Sat & Sun. They have rooms available for the other nights but WILL NOT honor the convention rate - so the rooms for Mon, Tues etc are about $375. The Homewood Suites ONLY has smoking rooms left. The Sheraton still has rooms available. All other hotels we called (not listed as convention hotels) on the Riverwalk area were blocked out - must be football or something. So if you don't have a room you better call today!!!!!

Holly

George_Hawkins
08-08-2006, 01:53 AM
As of this morning the Hilton only has rooms at the convention rate for Sat & Sun. They have rooms available for the other nights but WILL NOT honor the convention rate - so the rooms for Mon, Tues etc are about $375. The Homewood Suites ONLY has smoking rooms left. The Sheraton still has rooms available. All other hotels we called (not listed as convention hotels) on the Riverwalk area were blocked out - must be football or something. So if you don't have a room you better call today!!!!!

Holly

INTERESTING! several months ago, I found out that this Hilton is much smaller than Hiltons in Vegas and New Orleans, and suggested to friends to book soon, in whatever hotel one selects.
George

Lori_Clapp
08-08-2006, 01:59 AM
Holly and George...thank you both. Thanks to George, I booked a while ago. I figured if I get the rooms booked, I am so much more likely to go...AND, if for some reason I can't, I can cancel. I got a room at the Homewood Suites or whatever it's called!!

Thanks for the heads up!

Marc_Benjamin
08-09-2006, 03:28 PM
Thanks Holly for getting me to take action on this. Gosh, this has gotta be the earliest that I've ever booked a room. I can't even buy a plane ticket yet! lol

Anyway's, I called PPA and mentioned that the Hilton was "already sold out" for Monday and Tuesday. A couple of hours later PPA called back and told me to go ahead and make reservations. I was able to get the Hilton from Sat to Wednesday at $148/night. They must have gotten a few more floors at that rate.

So anyone that's reading this... go out and reserve your room now!