PDA

View Full Version : OurPPA T-Shirt Ideas

D._Craig_Flory
08-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Hi group;

After Derek gave the idea, I'm starting a thread of possible T-Shirt ideas. I also think it would be cool for everyone to meet at the convention. And with t-shirts announcing to the world that we come in here, we can spot each other.

Here is mine to start it off ....

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, Cr.Photog., ASP
floryphotog@mindspring.com

D._Craig_Flory
08-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Hi group;

I'm hoping to see a bunch of other designs on this soon. It was Derek A's idea ..... where is his entry ?

Derek_Alvarez
08-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Sorry Dude

I had a busy day :rolleyes:

I'll work on one and post it tonite

Ok here's one more

www.ourppa.com

where Jack's kids come to play :p :D

HEHEHEHEHEHE

Linda_Gregory
08-03-2006, 10:10 PM
I don't have the stuff to do it right now but I think the winning design would tie a camera and a keyboard together since we all definitely have those two in common!

Can't wait to see the designs!

Michael_Gan
08-03-2006, 10:23 PM
The wildly popular "Chicks who Click" shirts are probably a good measure for the t-shirt design.

Geeks who click? I dunno.

Michael

Linda_Gregory
08-04-2006, 12:49 AM
"Chatters who Shutter"?

"People talking Portraits"?

"Posters of Pictures"

Okay, I'm outta corny ideas. ANyone gone more?

Mark_Levesque
08-04-2006, 02:09 AM
People, people who shoot people...

George_Hawkins
08-04-2006, 02:13 AM
Why aren't there more PPA members reading posts? They used to be promoting visiting, for all kinds of great comments on lots of subject matter. I've recently been on apple.com/support/forums. It's users of Apple products. I had glitches with a new MacBook Pro, the new notebook with Intel Core, if one asks. How about a design of a lapel pin? Or select visitors meet at restaurant along the River Walk?

Myself, I choose to not stay at the host hotel, Hilton; I prefer a little walk to save some money, and breakfast included. Last year I stayed at Embassy Suites, walking across the bridge, 1/4 mile.

This January, I may go on Thursday for a few days of "sight-seeing". I do have "mission" to view lots at trade show; I sort of need to visit & chat with some friends we've made over the years.

I think Jack R is doing a program; we should be in audience!

George

Jack_Reznicki
08-04-2006, 02:13 AM
People, people who shoot people...

Ya sure ya want that on your shirt in Texas? :eek:

George_Hawkins
08-04-2006, 02:14 AM
What a coincidence; I could not do that if I tried!!!
Posting time is the same!

Derek_Alvarez
08-04-2006, 03:13 AM
Mark I like where your head is!

ok how about

ourppa.com
Doing shots so you don't have too :D

JE_Hedges_Photography
08-04-2006, 05:12 AM
Ha Derek! I love it! That's my favorite so far! Hee hee.

Derek_Alvarez
08-04-2006, 02:02 PM
Here is the Real Deal

Front
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g88/derekalvarez/front.jpg

BACK
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g88/derekalvarez/BACK.jpg

D._Craig_Flory
08-04-2006, 02:47 PM
Hi Derek;

I like it, I like it ... simple yet it works.

Derek_Alvarez
08-04-2006, 02:56 PM
Simple Sells! :D

Derek_Alvarez
08-04-2006, 03:56 PM
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g88/derekalvarez/front.jpg

Back

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g88/derekalvarez/Back1.jpg

:D :D :

Michael_Gan
08-04-2006, 04:36 PM
How about:

"Get a life, and shoot someone"

Or something to that effect.

Michael

Derek_Alvarez
08-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Michael Here is one
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g88/derekalvarez/cafe.jpg

Back
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g88/derekalvarez/dom.jpg

Michael_Gan
08-04-2006, 04:58 PM
You guys make my heart sing:)

Michael

Linda_Gregory
08-04-2006, 06:18 PM
Michael Here is one
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g88/derekalvarez/cafe.jpg

Back
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g88/derekalvarez/dom.jpg

Funny, funny!

This one should be JUST for YOU!

Holly_Howe
08-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Yeah - everybody else's shirt should say "Drinks on Derek"

Holly

JE_Hedges_Photography
08-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Okay... I know this is cheesy... and I'm not the best artist... but here's my idea. :D

Derek_Alvarez
08-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Julie

Have I taught you nothing ? where is the rembrandt lighting? :D :D

too funny!

Michael_Gan
08-04-2006, 11:44 PM
Okay... I know this is cheesy... and I'm not the best artist... but here's my idea. :D

LOL, or we could have "Git er done" :D

Holly_Howe
08-05-2006, 12:29 AM
Come on in, The forums fine.
www.ourppa.com

I would rather have a nice polo/golf type shirt than a t-shirt, but that's just me.

Holly

David_Capano
08-05-2006, 12:45 AM
www.ourppa.com

Photographers that dance and row!

(Insert graphic of a photographer on the bank photographing several people in a rowboat dancing!)

Mark_Turner
08-05-2006, 02:09 AM
It must be BLACK! Everyone knows arteests wear BLACK!

Of course the black writing would be harder to see...

Zack_Davis
08-05-2006, 07:38 AM
"Not only am I a photographer, I'm a member!"

Ok that's tacky to use old hair growth commercials but it's my first one and it's right off the top of my head. :)

Zack_Davis
08-05-2006, 07:44 AM
Oh! or you could rip off the top 10 list!

Top Ten Reasons not to join OurPPA.com.

Everyone should think of one and the 10 best could be put on the list on the back of the shirt?!

I.E. 10. You can ask questions and people answer them... but you might not like the answer.

That's a really bad example but reverse psycology works.

Mark_Levesque
08-05-2006, 12:46 PM
ourppa.com:

A Meeting of the Minds' Eyes

an online community of imaging professionals

bits and bytes for the professional photographer

Linda_Gregory
08-05-2006, 12:48 PM
9. The iced tea and lemonade can't be beat

8. Where you learn you aren't the ONLY one that thinks best in the shower

7. ????

Jack_Reznicki
08-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Over 6,500 members and over 10,000 opinions
:rolleyes:

D._Craig_Flory
08-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Hi group;

Since Jack is going to be the new PPA Prez ... how about his photo on the back ? *S*

I like the idea Holly came up with. Instead if just a t-shirt, a golf shirt would be a great idea. I'm about to turn 59 years old (Sept. 29th) and wear t-shirts ... under another shirt. But I do wear golf shirts .. especially in my bowling league. Great idea Holly !!!

Michael_Gan
08-05-2006, 08:14 PM
How about a halter top for Craig? ewwwweeee

Michael_Gan
08-05-2006, 08:15 PM
OurPPA does it in the dark...but with the screen on.

Derek_Alvarez
08-07-2006, 03:40 PM
How about OurPPA Speedos and Bikinis :confused:

www.ourppa.com

F-stop.... isn't that a truck stop near the interstate? :eek:

Sorry Michael Started it :D

Holly_Howe
08-07-2006, 04:43 PM
So is this all just talk, or do we plan to come to a consensus at some point? And who is gonna be in charge of collecting money and distributing shirts? Like I said before, I'm not really interested in a t-shirt. When I go to conference I like to wear the same stuff I wear to work every day. I've tried the casual jeans and t-shirt route at seminars and it just puts me in the wrong frame of mind. If I dress for business I think for business. So that's why I'd rather have a polo type shirt - still pretty casual for me but at least in the ball park. Anyway I realize I'm just one voice but maybe somebody else, besides Craig & I, would also like nicer shirts. I would even go for a button down with embrodiered logo - though I know that's alot more money - but just like wedding photography, you get what you pay for!

Holly

Derek_Alvarez
08-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Holly

I think it's a great Idea to have Polos and T-shirts
The polo's can have the Ourppa logo
And the t-shirt can have something fun
on the front and back

As for Who Well That should be Directed to El Prezidente(tobe)
Jack R :D

Michael_Gan
08-07-2006, 07:24 PM
I believe the most popular "Chicks who click" shirts ar the french cut black ones.

Don_Eisenhart
08-07-2006, 07:42 PM
How about on the front:

"Ourppa.co

Oh, never mind.

George_Hawkins
08-08-2006, 02:43 AM
I'm not here as often as many of you, but if my opinion were to be tallied, I also vote for a polo, which is my type of attire in warm weather, outside portraits, etc.

Who proposes to get them done, making sure they get reimbursed, and then ship or have them in luggage to San Antonio? Convince PPA staff to have them for sale. I bought an "imaging" polo several years ago, and it got taken by houskeeping people while at a regional; can't figure why they would want it!

George

Jack_Reznicki
08-08-2006, 03:36 AM
Just what I want to wear. A shirt designed by a committee :D

I do believe Al Hopper will be doing something. It may not please everyone, but no matter what is done will please everyone.
But there looks like there will be a shirt of some kind.

Derek_Alvarez
08-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Just what I want to wear. A shirt designed by a committee :D

You can bet it will be original

the left sleeve will be a different style from the right and there be buttons
on the crew neck of the t-shirt /polo collar :o

Jack_Reznicki
08-08-2006, 02:49 PM
You can bet it will be original

the left sleeve will be a different style from the right and there be buttons
on the crew neck of the t-shirt /polo collar :o

Love it. ;)

Looks like Al Hopper will have something soon to offer here. It will be pre-orders, so those that aren't going to ImagingUSA can still get OurPPA shirts.

Don_Eisenhart
08-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Inspired by David Lottes -

When you listen to fools, the mob rules!

Or, maybe not...

But, then again, from some of these posts, maybe so...

David_A._Lottes
08-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Inspired by David Lottes -

Sure Don blame me. It's easy to pick on a guy just because he wears hip wanders and a bath robe to church :p

Derek_Alvarez
08-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Sure Don blame me. It's easy to pick on a guy just because he wears hip wanders and a bath robe to church :p

Darn Dave I thought that was dress casual :o
Man I guess it time to get the latest GQ

Marc_Benjamin
08-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Hip waders and Bath robes? Hmmmmmmm... Better yet, how's about a Tuesday night toga party for OurPPA.com listers!

Jackie_Haggerty
08-08-2006, 07:36 PM
Marc,

The toga party would be fine on 1 condition....

Since there might be drinks involved (Derek's buying I hear), all must promise to wear their tshirts under their toga, and lets make sure we buy them extra long... :eek: Toga parties can be scary, that's why I tend to avoid them!

David, you can wear those hip waders with your toga.

Michael_Gan
08-08-2006, 11:40 PM
Yeah, I agree about what those togas will do...worse than a hopital gown party.

Michael

Holly_Howe
08-09-2006, 12:45 AM
Better a toga then the bikinis and speedos somebody was talking about!.
Micheal - several years ago Keith judged in Minnesota. They had a MASH party and Keith went in a hospital gown. He also had a big bandage on his back with a rubber knife handle protruding and "79" written in fake blood. Probably wasn't all that far from what some of the entrants were actually thinking!

Holly

Monica_Gardella
08-09-2006, 02:21 AM
This is a great idea, guys... Really looking forward to meeting all of you and picking you out easily in a crowd!! :)

Charmaine_Check
08-16-2006, 11:13 PM
Here is a t-shirt logo idea I have. I will work up 1 or 2 more ideas if there is interest.

Derek_Alvarez
08-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Nice job Charmaine :D

JE_Hedges_Photography
08-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Charmaine,
I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! DID I MENTION THAT I LOVE IT??????? :D

ElizabethGraham
08-16-2006, 11:59 PM
Very nice, Charmaine!

--E.

Monica_Gardella
08-17-2006, 01:44 AM
Charmaine -
Sign me up! I'll take one for sure!!!! GREAT job.... :)

Linda_Gregory
08-17-2006, 04:40 AM
Those look great but it did take me a minute to recognize what the thing with the tail was! I only use a pen tablet. Took the mouse and hid it at work a few years ago, it kept everyone else off MY computer! heh.

Marc_Benjamin
08-17-2006, 06:41 AM
Those look great but it did take me a minute to recognize what the thing with the tail was! I only use a pen tablet.

Linda,

Arent we being to technical here?

Anyway's, I to am a Pen and Tablet kindda guy.

How's about we have our own slogan

OurPPA.com
Where Clickers and Pointers or Toucher's
Get along just fine!

Linda_Gregory
08-17-2006, 01:00 PM
:) I like the design as it is and a tablet on there would be harder to understand and not have the great curves of a mouse!

Holly_Howe
08-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think her design is nice, but didn't Jack or someone post that Al Hopper was making up some forum shirts that would be available at Imaging USA? Or did I misunderstand?

Holly

Mark_Turner
08-17-2006, 02:15 PM
I really like the design, and am envious of your skills. The only change I would make is to reverse the colors so the PPA is more prominant.

Charmaine_Check
08-17-2006, 02:17 PM
I went with the mouse because I was thinking more in terms of internet than image editing. I too use my tablet for most things but still tend to revert to the mouse for clicking and scrolling activities.

I did have another variation in mind that would be more of an oval swoosh and incorporate a camera graphic, but if t-shirts are already being produced I don't want to disturb the flow. I guess I didn't catch that part of the thread before I started.

Have fun at the convention!
Charmaine

Marc_Benjamin
08-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Hi Charmaine, were just being silly about the tablet thing. Though, I do like your designs. Also, don't worry about disturbing the flow, we're just really like throwing ideas around.

Linda_Gregory
08-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Hi Charmaine, were just being silly about the tablet thing.

Exactly! (but I am a big smug at times about not using a mouse, HAD to be to get employees to be comfortable with a tablet....throw the mouse away for three days, only use the pen tool, then we'll talk about feeding the mouse again.)

Holly_Howe
08-21-2006, 03:15 AM
In view of everything goinig on here lately I have a new slogan suggestion

ourppa.com - where something is always boiling over

Holly

Betsy_Finn
08-21-2006, 03:54 AM
In view of everything goinig on here lately I have a new slogan suggestion

ourppa.com - where something is always boiling over

Holly
:eek: LOL.....

Holly_Howe
08-21-2006, 04:21 AM
Yah Betsy, In NE when the tornado sirens start blowing we all head for the basement Lately I been standing close to the stairs as far as this forum is concerned.

Holly

Michael_Gan
08-21-2006, 04:25 AM
So is that where you went...I headed over to the cafe with a case of two buck chuck. :D

Michael

Betsy_Finn
08-21-2006, 04:38 AM
ooh both of those two hideouts sound good. :p

Maybe we can get the forum settled down a little, and then it will be safe for everyone to come back out!

Mark_Levesque
08-21-2006, 06:16 PM
My experience is that within a couple of weeks the ennui of the invading hordes will reduce the drama and return things to some semblance of normalcy.

ElizabethGraham
08-21-2006, 06:28 PM
sshhhhh. . . . don't tell anyone I'm here - if ya'll think it's bad for you, I have one question for ya . . .

Who the heck's idea was it for me to be a moderator anyway????? :eek: :D

Linda_Gregory
08-21-2006, 06:51 PM
Oh, good grief! You CAN'T post that during lunch! Too many of us laugh too much and find food all over the desk. (picking out parts of Shwann's Chicken Pot Pie in the keyboard)

Honestly, (knocking on real wood AND my head) there usually isn't much here to be moderated.

On the other hand, I'm being sucked into a vortex tonight as I'll be either voted in or appointed to our homeowner's assn board. GAAAA!

Marc_Benjamin
08-21-2006, 07:11 PM
Linda,

What the heck are you talking about? lol My my, the T-shirt thread's getting a little to weird! Hahaha

Holly_Howe
08-21-2006, 08:05 PM
[QUOTE=Linda Gregory])

Honestly, (knocking on real wood AND my head) there usually isn't much here to be moderated.

QUOTE]

Plus who ever really believed moderation was a virtue. I'm just trying to watch out for flying debris!

Holly

Jason_Smith
08-22-2006, 01:43 AM
Here is what I came up with yall.

Betsy_Finn
08-22-2006, 02:47 AM
LOL :p

1 vote for jason's design :cool:

Linda_Gregory
08-22-2006, 02:55 AM
Ah, does this mean I'm not a real photographer? I no longer do it in the dark!!

Marc, I was referring to Elizabeth's post concerning her wondering about being a moderator, I found it a very funny post.

D._Craig_Flory
08-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Hi Jason;

That is an old photographer's saying from the black & white darkroom days. I had a sign outside my darkroom that said "don't open the door or all of the dark will leak out" ! *S*

Linda_Gregory
08-22-2006, 02:13 PM
Yes, and at the lab, when we drop a neg or roll of film, we joke about it now being all out of focus.

New jokes?

D._Craig_Flory
08-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Hi Linda;

In 1966, when I was in Air Force Basic Photography school, one of my classmates dropped a roll of film. The instructor gasped and the kid asked "what did I do" ? The sgt. told him he had jarred the film and the images were all out of focus and he would get a failing grade for the day. He said "unless" & the kid asked what he meant. The sgt. told him he could go in the darkroom and look for the bottle marked "in focus developer". He was looking for a long time till we finally all burst out laughing. Some people are more gullible than others. LOL

D. Craig Flory PPA Certifed, Cr.Photog., ASP

Linda_Gregory
08-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Poor guy!

My daughter was helping with the Wichita State Shocker baseball program and was asked to go get the curve balls. (she knows nothing about sports) She dutifully went to the supply room, was rummaging and someone asked her what she was looking for. When she told them, a funny look went over their face (this was a favorite joke of this asst coach) and he handed her a bag of the hollow practice balls. They were notorious for never going straight when hit. The whole team burst out laughing when she dumped them at his feet. It was a lllllllllooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggg time before SHE got the joke.

So, if we now drop a compact flash card.................??

Mark_Turner
08-22-2006, 03:56 PM
Scrambles the 1's and 0's out of order. I thought everybody knew that. Gee Whiz!

Holly_Howe
08-22-2006, 04:41 PM
I did know that but I forgot. You see I have a photographic memory, I'm just out of film.

Holly

JohnHeckler
08-22-2006, 04:49 PM
I did know that but I forgot. You see I have a photographic memory, I'm just out of film.

Holly
That is too funny! Can I quote you in the future if I want to use that :)

Michael_Gan
08-23-2006, 07:30 AM
Just had a crazy flash before heading off to bed...

Wouldn't it be a hoot if each shirt had a "heraldry" on it, either in small letters of everybody on the shirt or each of us with a personalized one?

For example:

"Don, of Peeley Cat"
"Holly, of Avatarless"
"David, of Cash Poor"
"Derek of East ender" with "Stan of West ender"
"Craig of Liason land"

and more that will probably keep me up all night tonight;)

I'm not going to even guess what y'all will come up for mine. In fact, I'll probably re read this post to morrow morning and live to regret it:D

Michael

Mark_Levesque
08-23-2006, 12:23 PM
D. Craig of Mt Steppe
Wilson of Rawskeptic
Jeff of Starglasses
Jane Ann of Cowpasture

ElizabethGraham
08-23-2006, 01:30 PM
ROTFL

Very good, guys! Thanks for a funny start to the day!

--E.

Holly_Howe
08-23-2006, 02:05 PM
That is too funny! Can I quote you in the future if I want to use that :)

Quote away, it's not mine. I got it off a bumper sticker.

Holly

D._Craig_Flory
08-23-2006, 03:50 PM
Hi Group;

To add to the fun, how about a coat of arms, for each person, on the shirts ? It could be an official one ... for those whose families have one. Or, it could be a made-up one for others. I'm posting one for my family ... Flory is the German spelling, Fleury is the French, and Flora is the Italian.

Jerry_W._Kelley
08-24-2006, 04:17 AM
Back in the days I worked at a local camera shop, a professor at a community college came in and asked me if I remembered two of his students who came in the day before to buy some black and white enlarging paper the day before. I said yes, and instead of buying a 100 sheet box each they figured it would be cheaper to get a 250 box and divide it between them. The prof told me they were doing just when he walked into the darkroom. He said they thought they were really smart in saving all that money and the problem was they had not turned off the white lights before they opened the box of paper. They said it was OK because they haven't used it yet!

Also when I was in the navy in the sixties we use to send the photo newbies up to the photo lab storeroom to get a box of F stops.

Jerry

Marc_Benjamin
08-29-2006, 12:33 AM
Also when I was in the navy in the sixties we use to send the photo newbies up to the photo lab storeroom to get a box of F stops.
Jerry

I once asked the question "what metering mode (spot/centerwieght/matrix) should I be in when I'm on M" to the platform speaker (Will Crocket) during our state convention. There was about 600 people there.

I think that was the day when I decided I needed to study and pass the CPP exam.

Michael_Gan
11-15-2006, 09:31 PM
I wonder how the T-shirt thingy is coming along?

Michael

Jackie_Haggerty
11-29-2006, 05:22 AM
I'm wondering too, because if I am going to imaging, I wanna see my friends wearing a t-shirt too!!!!!

Mark_Katz
12-14-2006, 02:17 AM
So what's going on with the t-shirts. Is there a design? Have they been made? How much and where can I get one?

Imaging is in just a few weeks! Who's in charge? Derek?

Jackie_Haggerty
12-14-2006, 02:25 AM
LOL, why don't we just make our own and go with it!

Mark_Katz
12-14-2006, 03:15 AM
My photography skills are ok, but my graphic designing leaves something to be desired :(

Jackie, I'm sure if you designed it, it would be great. Forget about the PPA Magazine cover, this is much more important hehe.

Jackie_Haggerty
12-14-2006, 03:28 AM
Thanks for that Mark, but I only design Holiday cards! ;)

I don't think there is time to get it all taken care of before Imaging at this point, but we could come up with something else fun to wear as a token of our- get this one- "ourppa-ism". Like: Star Glasses!! Or.... leg warmers, or.... bells on our shoes, or.... :confused:

Jackie_Haggerty
12-14-2006, 03:29 AM
Jackie, I'm sure if you designed it, it would be great. Forget about the PPA Magazine cover, this is much more important hehe.

Besides, I already took care of dinner reservations!! ;)

Anybody else?

There has to be someone out there that needs something to do!!

Holly_Howe
12-14-2006, 04:31 AM
How about
ourppa.com
7385 new best friends

Holly

Zack_Davis
12-14-2006, 10:34 PM
Ok, I'm working on a design....

But, we can easily make it so that anyone who wants a shirt can have one (even those that are unable to attend).

BUT! we need our tag line. I had my "it was this, or rehab."

Holly just had a good one, any others?

Also I was thinking golf shirts? Or do we want just standard shirts?

Jackie_Haggerty
12-14-2006, 10:39 PM
How do you propose we get the shirts to everyone and printed in time?

Zack_Davis
12-14-2006, 10:50 PM
cafepress.com

Jackie_Haggerty
12-14-2006, 11:19 PM
Okay, Okay. Zack and I are trying to pull this together for us. IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED IN A T-SHIRT, PLEASE LET US KNOW ASAP!

We will have to do this right away to be done in time, so please reply! We will use some ideas from the thread for the tshirt, and don't have time to negotiate on ideas at this point, so we will post by the weekend the tshirt design. Oh, and this is pending ok from Jack (PLEEEEASE say yes!)

There was word that Al Hopper was working on this, is there any news on that?

Jack_Reznicki
12-15-2006, 03:25 AM
Folks,

Slow down a bit. You HAVE to talk with Al Hopper.
As any owner of intellectual property, PPA protects it's mark, as we have to, to protect it.
As no one can copy your photos, you can't use the PPA logo willy nilly.

I don't see any problems, but you do have to clear this all with PPA.

Jack

Okay, Okay. Zack and I are trying to pull this together for us. IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED IN A T-SHIRT, PLEASE LET US KNOW ASAP!

We will have to do this right away to be done in time, so please reply! We will use some ideas from the thread for the tshirt, and don't have time to negotiate on ideas at this point, so we will post by the weekend the tshirt design. Oh, and this is pending ok from Jack (PLEEEEASE say yes!)

There was word that Al Hopper was working on this, is there any news on that?

KirkDarling
12-15-2006, 03:27 AM
In 1966, when I was in Air Force Basic Photography school, one of my classmates dropped a roll of film. The instructor gasped and the kid asked "what did I do" ? The sgt. told him he had jarred the film and the images were all out of focus and he would get a failing grade for the day.

When the objective of a photo reconnaissance mission was cloud-covered, the old guys would send the newbies to the supply cabinet for a bottle of "cloud eradicator."

Jackie_Haggerty
12-15-2006, 03:31 AM
Folks,

As any owner of intellectual property, PPA protects it's mark, as we have to, to protect it.

Jack

Ya, ya, got excited there! What I was really getting at was if people are REALLY interested in t-shirts or not, otherwise don't want to waste the time getting the go on it. If there isn't real interest, there is no reason to rush to try to work this out.

Zack_Davis
12-15-2006, 03:56 AM
Folks,

Jack

No worries Jack, :D

We were working on permission and wouldn't do it without it. ;)

Mark_Katz
12-15-2006, 04:35 AM
...What I was really getting at was if people are REALLY interested in t-shirts or not, otherwise don't want to waste the time getting the go on it...Well I for one am interested. Preferably a golf style if given the choice, but does it really matter? Do we restrict who can get one. Normally I'd say no, but let em at least have X number of posts.

Jackie_Haggerty
12-15-2006, 02:09 PM
Thanks, Mark.

We ARE moving forward with this (with permission of course) and the wheels are in motion. We'll let you all know soon what's happening!

Mark_Levesque
12-15-2006, 02:32 PM
The issue with a golf shirt is that it's less conducive to a cutesy/playful saying than a t-shirt. With a golf shirt, you pretty much want a small logo and ourPPA.com and that's it. IMO, of course. I see value in both, to be honest.

Marc_Benjamin
12-16-2006, 05:16 AM
How's about a half zipped sweater style (not to thick) long sleeved collard shirt with a small insignia on the left chest?

Boy the T-shirt ideas slowly becoming a clothing line thread! lol...

What's next boxers? whith a front print: "I click em in these"

Betsy_Finn
12-16-2006, 06:13 AM
The issue with a golf shirt is that it's less conducive to a cutesy/playful saying than a t-shirt. With a golf shirt, you pretty much want a small logo and ourPPA.com and that's it. IMO, of course. I see value in both, to be honest.

Yeah, I like the golf shirt idea -- but would want something more toned down on that style of shirt than on a T....

Jackie_Haggerty
12-18-2006, 11:21 PM
Looks like for now there will be t-shirts only- but will only work with your help! We still need to know how much interest there is, so... if you know you would be purchasing an ourppa.com t shirt, please let me know know via email at Jackie@studiojphotography.net.

Pending responses, they may be available at Imaging and also by mail. Please let me know size (mens or womens), and option!

Options are in White, Black, or Pink

Option 1:

$10

Front: www.ourPPA.com

Back: 7500 Photographers - 10,000 Opinions

Option 2:
$10

Back: Top 5 Reasons to Join

1. Magazine Cover Designers Extraordinaire

2. Drinks at Cafe Batignolles

3. 2000 Posts to a New Toaster

4. Lime Peel: The New Fashion

5. Critique Please: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

Jackie_Haggerty
12-18-2006, 11:33 PM
Howard, maybe if you choose pink.

Zack_Davis
12-18-2006, 11:50 PM
I'm so excited that we're going to have shirts there! It's perfect way for all of us to find eachother at the convention! :D

But everyone that is interested needs to get back to Jackie asap with a color, option (1 or 2) and size. We want to make sure there's a real interest.

No worries for you guys that can't come either! Since they'll do mail order you can get yours for next year! But, don't forget to send an email to Jackie! :D ;)

Personally, I like the idea of black, option 2.

Will they make me look fat?

Just get the black, it'll make you feel 20lbs ligheter. HEHE :p

Jeff_Dachowski
12-19-2006, 12:50 AM
[QUOTE=Jackie Haggerty;45282]
Option 1:

$10

I like this one, but only ten thousand opinions? Is that per thread?:)

I take one in pink, and one in black.

Jeff

Jackie_Haggerty
12-19-2006, 01:47 AM
Wow, I didn't know pink was so popular!!

Marc_Benjamin
12-19-2006, 02:01 AM
Pink is soooooo 2 years ago! I want black text over bright orange!

Jackie_Haggerty
12-19-2006, 02:13 AM
I love orange too, but they only gave us the option of black, white or pink! :(

Jeff_Dachowski
12-19-2006, 04:13 AM
Don't forget that orange is the staffing color at the convention.
Jeff

Jackie_Haggerty
12-19-2006, 03:53 PM
Where are all of the people that had the great ideas for t-shirts? Did you disappear?

Jackie_Haggerty
12-19-2006, 06:54 PM
You can get orange if you like,

Here is a message from Al Hopper:

We can supply orange also - however, wearing an orange shirt at Imaging USA means that people will ask you questions and expect you to carry boxes.

Derek_Alvarez
12-19-2006, 07:01 PM
I'll take one in

Black with White lettering

option 2

Marc_Benjamin
12-19-2006, 08:05 PM
You can get orange if you like,

Here is a message from Al Hopper:

We can supply orange also - however, wearing an orange shirt at Imaging USA means that people will ask you questions and expect you to carry boxes.

I own a few of those orange shirts! lol ..... Questions? Oh we've got answers!

Jackie_Haggerty
12-21-2006, 08:07 PM
Last day for t-shirt orders is December 29. :)

Zack_Davis
12-21-2006, 08:44 PM
The horror of all the people out there still without shirts. :D

Mark_Abraham
12-21-2006, 09:52 PM
One more time for me who is lost on this thread from trying to read it to quickly; what are the options for t-shirts? Is there a set design or is it a choose your own based on the available colors?

Mark_Levesque
12-21-2006, 10:18 PM
Yes. In which post is the graphical design?

Jackie_Haggerty
12-21-2006, 11:49 PM
This is the design post:

Looks like for now there will be t-shirts only- but will only work with your help! We still need to know how much interest there is, so... if you know you would be purchasing an ourppa.com t shirt, please let me know know via email at Jackie@studiojphotography.net.

Pending responses, they may be available at Imaging and also by mail. Please let me know size (mens or womens), and option!

Options are in White, Black, or Pink (other options available upon request)

Option 1:

$10

Option 2:
$10

Back: Top 5 Reasons to Join

1. Magazine Cover Designers Extraordinaire

2. Drinks at Cafe Batignolles

3. 2000 Posts to a New Toaster

4. Lime Peel: The New Fashion

5. Critique Please: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

Jackie_Haggerty
12-27-2006, 02:38 PM
Before we close the orders, the 29th is the last day.

Please let me know if you are interested in a tshirt!!