PDA

View Full Version : OurPPA.com get together...

Marc_Benjamin
08-02-2006, 09:00 PM
Hope to see some "OurPPA.com" folks there. I'm trying to get an "OurPPA.com" table at the big party, to congregate around.
I quoted the above from Jack on a different thread and started this here since I didnt want to hijack the discussion there.
Anyway's, I love the idea of having a OurPPA.com gettogether at the next imaging during one of the big parties OR BOTH!

Who's IN? Any ideas on how to make this fun?

Also, I wonder if PPA's gonna make a "OurPPA.com Member (or addict?)" little ribbon thingies that attatches to the bottom of our badges....

Jack_Reznicki
08-02-2006, 09:09 PM
Hey Marc,

Both ideas have been passed on to staff to implement.

Zack_Davis
08-03-2006, 01:05 AM
I know were doing all we can to get there this year... no, wait, I mean next year! lol

It would be great if we had our very own table. They should keep us weirdo's seperated from the normal people anyway... we just scare them. ;)

Holly_Howe
08-03-2006, 01:27 AM
Maybe the name badges should feature each persons avatar so we can recognize them. Oh wait - mine would be a big blank! Also Derek & Mark should treat us all to some of that wine they keep going on about. Actually I think they should set aside an area in the trade show called Cafe Batignolles and anyone who is active on the forum would know what that meant. I was just thinking about this, this morning in the shower. I guess great minds do run along the same lines. Ha!

Holly

Linda_Gregory
08-03-2006, 02:46 AM
Actually I think they should set aside an area in the trade show called Cafe Batignolles and anyone who is active on the forum would know what that meant.
Holly

Hey, I'd recognize it when I saw it but please don't ask me to SAY it! Not without coaching.

Oh, and if I'm there, I'll be THERE!

Derek_Alvarez
08-03-2006, 03:28 AM
Sound like great IdeaS

Jack I think It would have to be a big table :)

The Cafe is a super idea! It can be the real deal.

Marc_Benjamin
08-03-2006, 07:46 AM
Hey Jack, talk about ask and you shall receive!

Holly, I think you might have confused me with some other Mark... I'm really more of an instigator than a whiner. Anyway’s, I heard a rumor that Derek’s buying the first round.

Finally, I wonder if they would let us have a non-sold booth at the tradeshow for a OurPPA.com booth. Gosh, now were gonna have to have shifts and schedules oh and perhaps OurPPA.com T-shirts!

Derek_Alvarez
08-03-2006, 11:15 AM
How about an ourppa.com T-shirt Design Contest

Like :

www.ourppa.com , PPA's chatter box
or
www.ourppa.com , Holly's soapbox :D

D._Craig_Flory
08-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Hi Derek;

That's a terrific idea !!! I'm going out to do some string trimming, before it gets over 90ºF for the day. When I come back in I'll look to see if any entries have been submitted yet. I think that should be under a new thread titled ... OurPPA.com T-Shirt Contest !

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, Cr.Photog., ASP
floryphotog@mindspring.com

George_Hawkins
08-04-2006, 02:11 AM
Maybe the name badges should feature each persons avatar so we can recognize them. Oh wait - mine would be a big blank!

Holly needs to have a "portrait" made! Suggest a photographer?

Mine is originally in color and on my business card. If anyone knows Arthur Rainville, he made it, starting with the back of straight chair my arms on it backwards and totally plaine background; he added all else digitally. If one has never seen him, go see his program. As we do picture framing, clients love it. Portrait business cards has made it easy to sell portrait business cards to real estate people and others.

George

Derek_Alvarez
08-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Front

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g88/derekalvarez/front.jpg

Back

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g88/derekalvarez/BACK.jpg

Michael_Gan
08-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Maybe the name badges should feature each persons avatar so we can recognize them. Oh wait - mine would be a big blank! Also Derek & Mark should treat us all to some of that wine they keep going on about. Actually I think they should set aside an area in the trade show called Cafe Batignolles and anyone who is active on the forum would know what that meant. I was just thinking about this, this morning in the shower. I guess great minds do run along the same lines. Ha!

HollyThank you Holly! That would be a great honor. If the table gets named that, can I do the group photo in a Renoir style of a party scene?

In the shower? Leslie gets all her inspirations (and my work load for the day) in the bath. You two will get along very well!

Michael

Holly_Howe
08-04-2006, 03:51 PM
In the shower? Leslie gets all her inspirations (and my work load for the day) in the bath. You two will get along very well!

Michael

The shower cause it's my only completely private totally interupted time all day long.

Holly

Marc_Benjamin
08-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Front:

OurPPA.com
Members inspired during warm baths

Back:

Or cold showers!

Ya know, we could do a limited run from Cafepress.com ......

ElizabethGraham
08-04-2006, 10:43 PM
The shower cause it's my only completely private totally interupted time all day long.

Holly

Hilarious! The shower is where I get ALL of my good ideas. It's a running joke at my studio!

--E.