PDA

View Full Version : Titling help

J_Davidson
06-20-2013, 08:54 PM
Is there someone who's NOT judging IPC that would give my case the hairy eyeball, and help me title?

Pretty please?

:D

Larry_J_Foster
06-22-2013, 04:59 AM
I don't make any guarantees, but throw some pics out and I'll tell you what I see.

J_Davidson
06-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Larry, are you a judge?

Larry_J_Foster
06-23-2013, 03:44 AM
Ummmm...no...

I don't have my masters...yet.. maybe with some luck I'll get it this pass.

J_Davidson
06-24-2013, 03:09 PM
I was hoping for a judge. I'm sorry. I'm close to my Master as well, and really need a hard go through. Thank you though! :)

Ron_Jackson
06-25-2013, 05:44 PM
If you are looking for a judge on this forum to jump in, it's real iffy. I would suggest you post the images and see what happens. Just point out "No IPC Judges Please".

Rick_Massarini
06-28-2013, 10:48 PM
It really doesn't matter if the person who jumps in is a juror at the IPC. If a juror does give you a critique, it would be a more valuable critique than someone who is not a juror. Plus, it's highly unlikely that your image will come up in front of that particular juror who critiqued your image since at the IPC we are usually runnning a half dozen panels at the same time and they mix up the panels and rotate the jurors several times a day from one panel to another. So the odds are 5 to 1 that the juror will be on the panel when your image comes up. And, if they do happen to be on the panel, they just recuse themself and the alternate juror's score is used - that's why there are 6 jurors on a panel - so they just abstain from scoring the image and let the other 5 jurors score the image. So it really doesn't matter if the juror sees your image in advance of the judging.

Jill - just post them here. There is a chance that a juror will look through this thread and find your request for critique.

J_Davidson
06-29-2013, 11:42 PM
I already printed and shipped, but I'll post them.

I knew that about judging I just know how Murphy and I are and my luck everyone on the panel would see it. Have we discussed the whole broken ankle drama? ;-)

J_Davidson
06-30-2013, 12:04 AM
This is what went into my bubblegum case.

The Bentwood image I think is a fence sitter. It looked a lot better in print than on my monitor.

Larry_J_Foster
07-01-2013, 05:12 AM
#1 Who you calling funny looking?

#2 Sharp and delicate
From the inside out

#3 They don’t make them like the used to

#4 Growing old gracefully
Reaching, touching

J_Davidson
07-01-2013, 03:39 PM
They are already titled and sent to IPC, but thank you for your input. :)