PDA

View Full Version : missing merits

Tss1203
02-21-2013, 11:18 PM
Who do I contact about merits missing from my report? I don't have my merit for attending Imaging in 2012 (even though I have my merit for print crew, go figure). I also don't have a merit for helping on Print Crew the first year I attended in 2010, but that could be my mistake.

Rick_Massarini
02-22-2013, 12:28 AM
I'd check with Kristen Hartman at PPA Headquarters about your merit for attending Imaging.
I'll send Nikki a note about your missing merits from 2010. I remember 2010 - that was Nashville and the last year that Jim was PEC Administrator and the year that we had to make a last minute call for volunteers over the forum via Keith since they pulled the yellow shirt student volunteers away from the print crew at the last minute. You may not have gotten on the list since things were kinda up in the air. If it's any consolation, I'm missing about 8 merits on my report too - so it might turn out to be just a computer error - they may really be there just not showing up on the report.

What about Todd - is he missing any merits ? I could cover them both in one email.

Mark_Turner
02-22-2013, 12:55 AM
I can't even find my merits on that site.

Rick_Massarini
02-22-2013, 01:22 AM
Mark,

Your merit report is on the Loop under MyPPA - you'll have to click on any listing in that box and log in, then you'll see MY Merits right below My Transactions in your MyPPA block.

Mark_Turner
02-22-2013, 02:01 AM
Oh. I was trying not to get caught in the loop. But I found them, thanks.

Sky_07
02-22-2013, 05:45 AM
I don't have my merit for attending IUSA this year or any for working on the print crew. Should we have received them by now?

Tss1203
02-22-2013, 03:13 PM
I don't have my merit for attending IUSA this year or any for working on the print crew. Should we have received them by now?

same here Skye, but I figured they might take a little bit. I'm really confused on why I don't have one for attending last year though...

Tss1203
02-22-2013, 03:17 PM
I'd check with Kristen Hartman at PPA Headquarters about your merit for attending Imaging.
I'll send Nikki a note about your missing merits from 2010. I remember 2010 - that was Nashville and the last year that Jim was PEC Administrator and the year that we had to make a last minute call for volunteers over the forum via Keith since they pulled the yellow shirt student volunteers away from the print crew at the last minute. You may not have gotten on the list since things were kinda up in the air. If it's any consolation, I'm missing about 8 merits on my report too - so it might turn out to be just a computer error - they may really be there just not showing up on the report.

What about Todd - is he missing any merits ? I could cover them both in one email.

Yep, 2010 was the year you recruited over the forum, so I wen down and helped.

I'm trying to figure out how many merits I need to squeeze in so I can get my masters. I know how many print merits, but I need several more service merits so I'm trying to find what's missing :)

I'll check Todd's report and see if his is accurate. He doesn't care about his as much as I care about mine ;)

Sky_07
02-22-2013, 09:16 PM
[QUOTE=Tss1203;284620]Yep, 2010 was the year you recruited over the forum, so I wen down and helped.

I'm trying to figure out how many merits I need to squeeze in so I can get my masters. I know how many print merits, but I need several more service merits so I'm trying to find what's missing :)

QUOTE]

I wonder sometimes if they are a little short on help. I entered Summer Shootout in August and STILL haven't received my critique yet. And now they seem to be having trouble getting the IUSA merits posted. I realize that there are many to post, but it just seems like when I read notes across the forum, maybe they need a few more hands to get everything done.

Rick_Massarini
02-22-2013, 11:52 PM
Amy,
I'll send the note about your missing merits. If you find out that Todd is missing some, let me know and I'll send an update.

Rick_Massarini
02-23-2013, 12:34 AM
I wonder sometimes if they are a little short on help. I entered Summer Shootout in August and STILL haven't received my critique yet. And now they seem to be having trouble getting the IUSA merits posted. I realize that there are many to post, but it just seems like when I read notes across the forum, maybe they need a few more hands to get everything done.

Posting the merits is done by PPA staff. The critiques are done by the judges. The staff does not do the critiques. Headquarters staff is always short handed. Getting the critiques done is dependent on getting volunteer judges to have enough free time to do the critiques - so it might take some time on the critiques - but - it's been a while since the summer shootout ended - and I would have thought that they would have finished them by now - I'll drop a line and check into it...

Sky_07
02-24-2013, 12:41 AM
Rick,
As I was telling you in my message, I spoke with several people. One of them told me that they hire an outside company to do the critiques. That seemed kind of weird?!
Thanks so much for looking into it! :)

Rick_Massarini
02-24-2013, 12:52 AM
Yeah, that sounds really strange since judging critiques are always done by the judges. It sounds like a disconnect with the customer service rep who gave you that answer. I'll keep you posted on what I hear back.]]

Sky_07
02-24-2013, 01:07 AM
Thanks!! :)

Tracy_McGee
02-27-2013, 06:36 PM
I've also been wondering about the merit for attending Imaging. I'll just monitor this thread to see when you guys get yours. :)

Stan_Lawrence
02-27-2013, 08:02 PM
Yep, 2010 was the year you recruited over the forum, so I wen down and helped.

I'll check Todd's report and see if his is accurate. He doesn't care about his as much as I care about mine ;)

Amy, if you need merits for your masters, you might look into doing some programs, it's a much easier way to get there....

Tss1203
03-05-2013, 02:55 AM
thanks Stan. I know I'm going to have to take some Super Monday classes to get there, and maybe even do a few other things. It's all dependent on whether I can even pull off getting my other 3 print merits this year...I don't have a lot of faith.

So I got one more merit that showed up, but I'm still missing a few...like all the ones from this year.

Tss1203
03-06-2013, 02:07 PM
Rick, you are awesome! I got both of those merits, and I figure the ones for Imaging 13 will show up eventually. I really appreciate you helping me out here.

Stan_Lawrence
03-06-2013, 02:24 PM
thanks Stan. I know I'm going to have to take some Super Monday classes to get there, and maybe even do a few other things. It's all dependent on whether I can even pull off getting my other 3 print merits this year...I don't have a lot of faith.

Sorry, I didn't mean take classes, I meant teach them. As to the print merits, if you only need three, then you have 10. I'd say that's a pretty good reason to have faith.... :)

Michael_Gard
03-20-2013, 02:35 AM
Hi, everyone -

Just noticed that the merits for volunteering on PEC Crew this year posted in the past day or so, but the merit for attending Imaging has not. If you volunteered, you might want to confirm it's on your report.

Mike.

Ed_Sharp
03-20-2013, 11:03 AM
Hey Mike thanks for the heads up, my report is the same. I just checked and my merits for print crew(code 292) are there, but the IUSA merit( code 308) has not yet. Has your exhibition merit (code 110) shown up yet? In time it all usually gets posted, but i agree it pays to check the report to make sure they didn't forget one.

Michael_Gard
03-20-2013, 04:16 PM
Hi, Ed - The exhibition merit showed up late last summer or early autumn - Hoping to add to it this year.

Rick_Massarini
03-20-2013, 09:55 PM
They only have a small staff at PPA HQ so it takes them some time to get around to posting everything - especially the convention attendance merits since they had so many people attend this year. Hang in there, they'll get to it...

Tss1203
03-27-2013, 01:33 AM
alright, 2 seals at Districts... but then not great scores on my other 2. I'm going replace those and hope for that one more merit at IPC! Then I need just one more service merit, since Rick was so wonderful in helping me locate my missing merits :)