PDA

View Full Version : Statement of Purpose

Anonymous_CPP_Upload
02-15-2013, 02:17 AM
Submitting my images and wondering what they mean by "Statement of Purpose". Any clues? Is that just where you write - "This is my Short Lighting image", "This is a General Image of client work"? Or are we supposed to say more?

Thanks.
Stephanie

Rick_Massarini
02-15-2013, 02:54 AM
It's just something to let the judges know the reason you created the image - if there are any extenuating circumstances that you might want the judges to know about why you created the image the way you did, or a reasoning for any special handling you used for the image that might not be readily apparent by just looking at the image.

Anonymous_CPP_Upload
02-15-2013, 01:01 PM
Thanks Rick!

Stephanie

Tracy_McGee
02-17-2013, 03:53 PM
This is from the Certified Photographer website:

Statement of Purpose
A simple description of the photograph is all that is required. For example, "senior portrait session on location" or "baby's first birthday session."

Rodney_Ninow
02-18-2013, 04:19 AM
I submitted a photo of a moonbow on Yosemite Falls to my local affiliate and the judges had no understanding of what or how I created the image, or for that matter, what they were looking at. This I know from their comments. I should have written a statement of purpose and I am certain they would have scored it higher.