PDA

View Full Version : I hate titling competition prints!!

Kerri_Garrison
01-23-2013, 01:42 AM
Finally scraped together four prints for state competition this weekend and now I'm staring at them, and staring, and staring. Not a creative title to be had. How do other people choose great titles for their prints??

MWatson
01-23-2013, 01:58 AM
I agree, it is difficult to think up with a good title. I usually let the suggested story of the image help me pick the title. I also will ask friends and clients for their thoughts and suggestions.

Louise_St_Romain
01-23-2013, 09:21 AM
I agree, it is difficult to think up with a good title. I usually let the suggested story of the image help me pick the title. I also will ask friends and clients for their thoughts and suggestions.

I do the same ... but I always have difficultly, just not a word person, i guess :)

Mark_Levesque
01-23-2013, 03:14 PM
You live in the same state as the titling queen, Holly Howe. Give her a shout. Be sure to reward her with chocolate. :)

Kerri_Garrison
01-24-2013, 02:00 AM
Thanks Mark, naturally the first ones I turn to are Keith'N'Holly! They've already helped with details in the images and we kind of tossed titles around but I hate to bug 'em any more. I've got all the way til Saturday!

cat_broderick
01-26-2013, 08:51 PM
Post em here?

Rodney_Ninow
01-27-2013, 06:11 PM
I am always very conservative with my titles. I have seen judges mark down images that had odd or confusing titles. If it is a location shot, then use the place name. If it is a portrait, consider using the subject's name.