PDA

View Full Version : Will you help me pic my 20?

JohnHeckler
07-13-2006, 05:25 AM
If anyone is willing to help me select 20 images for the CPP image certification, it would be grately appreciated. I have passed the written test and now just need to pass the image review.

I've created a portfolio of candidate images on PhotoSig:

http://www.photosig.com/go/users/viewportfolio?sort=id-d&page=1&id=151243

Any comments/critiques are much appreciated. All of these images have been taken for clients iwithn the last 2 years (I'm pretty sure anyway, some may be older).

I'm also not sure if all of these image formats/dimensions are "legal". Some are composites, etc. Please advise if you can.

Thanks in advance for any help. I would like to submit these by the July 28th deadline. I know I will need to rework some and get rid of the "digital framing", studio name, etc.

David_Capano
07-13-2006, 05:34 AM
John,

To start you off, my favorite is "Is My Tongue Red?"

This photograph speaks to me, I see my daughter in it and I laugh. I'm not the best person to choose something for competition, but I hope my humble opinion helps as this photograph touches me on a personal level, and isn't that what it's all about? ;)

Holly_Howe
07-13-2006, 05:39 AM
John, I couldn't get some of them to go any bigger than thumbnails. It told me I had to be a member to see anything over so many days old any larger. From what I could see, you'll have no problem. It's been a loooooong time since I went through the process for CPP but I think I remember something about each image has to be a different subject, so you couldn't use the same person in more than one submission. Craig Flory will know for sure.

Holly

JohnHeckler
07-13-2006, 06:11 AM
John,

To start you off, my favorite is "Is My Tongue Red?"

This photograph speaks to me, I see my daughter in it and I laugh. I'm not the best person to choose something for competition, but I hope my humble opinion helps as this photograph touches me on a personal level, and isn't that what it's all about? ;)

Thanks David. I actually scored an 82 on that at the Mid East Regional PPO Print Comp last March (my first ever merit and competition submission). I also submitted it to Nationals. Yeah, I got lucky with that little lady. She gave me lots of cute images. I love it when that happens :-)

Leigh_Kinne
07-16-2006, 05:44 AM
In addition to Is My Tongue Red, The Secret and Inquisitive Reflections are my choices. I also like the newborn collage and Here's Looking at You.