PDA

View Full Version : Does my sponsor need a ticket to IUSA?

Christine_Walsh-Newton
10-18-2012, 12:05 AM
My husband is going to fly down to IUSA only for the Awards and Degrees ceremony to be my sponsor. I planned on getting him a tradeshow pass, but do I need to do a full registration for him instead?

Rick_Massarini
10-18-2012, 02:55 AM
No, you do not need a pass to get into the awards ceremony. If he is not attending any of the programs and will only be going in the trade show, the trade show pass is all he needs.

Christine_Walsh-Newton
10-18-2012, 03:13 AM
Great, thank you Rick!

Rick_Massarini
10-18-2012, 03:18 AM
You'll have to plan your time on Tuesday at Imaging. If you're working with the print crew you may be able to work only the setup part and not both setup and teardown since if you're getting a degree, you'll have to bug out early in order to get your photo taken with PPA President Tim Walden, and the group shot of all the degree recipients - so depending on how much time you need to get ready for the photo session and the timing of the session, you may or may not be able to work the teardown of the exhibit - but you may, we'll have to see how it looks - last year the exhibit came down and was packed up in less than 2 hours. We start at the end of the trade show time - since the exhibit is going to be a bit smaller this year than last year, it may come down even faster this year. Two years ago in San Antonio it took the crew about an hour and it was all done except for closing up the crates and wrapping them for shipment back to PPA Headquarters.

Christine_Walsh-Newton
10-18-2012, 04:00 AM
yeah - i kind of wondered how that was going to work out schedule-wise.

J_Davidson
10-20-2012, 02:01 AM
We were animals in San Antonio. Music dancing and everything included. :D

Rick_Massarini
10-20-2012, 03:30 AM
yeah - i kind of wondered how that was going to work out schedule-wise.

It all depends on how long it takes you to get dressed. Some can get ready in 10 minutes and some (like my wife) take hours. If you are a quick dresser, and your hotel is close to the exhibit hall, you can work the tear down and still be able to change clothes before the deadline for the photos. If not, we'll just do without you - getting your degree is more important than helping pack up the exhibit.