PDA

View Full Version : How to process CPP images for judging

Deepbluephoto
10-03-2012, 11:05 PM
I am getting ready to submit my mandatory images for certification and am wondering if there are some guidelines on what we are allowed to do to the files, do we process them just as we would for a customer or will be submitting them as a Raw file, Tiff, etc. I guess I am looking for some guidelines that are posted somewhere to review if possible.

MWatson
10-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Upload each image separately.
Select the "SUBMIT" icon after successfully uploading your last image.
Fifteen (15) photographic images are required.
The first six (6) images uploaded must fit within the new compulsory guidelines showing a standardized technical proficiency that all professional photographers, regardless of specialty, should know. (These images may come directly from client files or may be set up to demonstrate the technique that is required.)
The remaining nine (9) images must be representative of your paid client work from nine (9) different job assignments in the last 24 months.
No two assignments entered may be of the same subject, even if they were commissioned at the same time from different clients.
The image submissions should reflect in proportion the types of photography work/services you provide.
Images must not have any identification (name/studio/logo) on them. Images with identifying marks of this kind will result in an immediate disqualification for the entire portfolio.
Images should be prepared as they are for a client, (as opposed to competition/salon images).
It is suggested that you use Adobe Photoshop or Elements to edit your images. Your largest side, vertical or horizontal, should be 650 PIXELS. JPG images should have a resolution of 72 dpi and saved in sRGB mode medium quality (5 or 6). File names should contain no spaces or special characters.

Deepbluephoto
10-04-2012, 01:43 AM
Thanks Mike for the information, I also would appreciate a little clarification on the mandatory images then client work. Do I submit just the mandatory images first and if they are accepted then submit the remaining client work or must they all be submitted together?

MWatson
10-04-2012, 02:12 AM
You will submit the compulsory images first and then the 9 remaining images of your choice to complete the submission.

Deepbluephoto
10-04-2012, 02:44 AM
Thanks again, I think I have it now.

Mark_Levesque
10-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Process them fully, creating final images that are as you would present to a client. That being said, keep in mind that the judges are not looking to be wowed by far-out processing, but rather, images that are fundamentally, technically sound. The purpose of certification is to ensure that you have a level of competence in the basic concepts of professional photography. We are looking to see correct exposure, accurate color, good composition, appropriate lens choice, good technique, etc.

Deepbluephoto
10-05-2012, 12:49 AM
Thank you for the insight, Mark.