PDA

View Full Version : Only CPP test place in October

D._Craig_Flory
07-09-2006, 07:44 PM
Hi group;

I was told that the only place to take the certification exam this October (maybe even all fall) is here in Pennsylvania. I'm the C.P.P. Liaison for the state and give it 4 times a year. I'll be giving it on Sunday October 1st in Camp Hill, Pa. which is just across the Susquehanna River from the state capitol of Harrisburg. If you are studying for the test and would like to take it in October ... let me know by e-mail and set up for it with PPA. We already may have about 12 photogs. coming here for the test from all over the country. So sign up soon ...

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, PPA C.P.P. Liaison, Cr.Photog., ASP

floryphotog@mindspring.com

George_Hawkins
07-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Hello,

I find it strange & unfortunate for applicants in New England, including nearby NY & NJ people that PPA does not have plans to administer the exam at September's PPANE covention!

I will bug PPA! I was liaison in late 80's then PPA started sending staff to give exam, and have ever since. The current NH liaison is quite active encouring interested people in NH; so I'll ask him about PPA plans.

George

John_Stein
07-09-2006, 10:13 PM
George,

I may be wrong on this and if I am I appologize but I believe it is up to each state and or region's CPP Liason to schedule the exams, not up to PPA it self.

I know ehre in Maryland our PPA Liasion trys to schedule two during the year and then again at the convention but it is up to him and the State PPA Affiliate as to when it is going to be, National does have to be made aware of it though so they can have the exams ready

John Stein

George_Hawkins
07-09-2006, 10:20 PM
John, You are quite correct. However, PPANE is a regional; thus there is no liaison per se. I guess, we need to encourage one of the six liaisons (six states) to jump forward and offer to administer an exam, as I once did.

I am not sure why PPA staff came to NE, but probably primarily to run a booth at our trade show, then secondarily to do exam.

I just emailed PPA, with cc to our NH liaison, Don Chick, who is pro-active towards the program.

George

George_Hawkins
07-09-2006, 10:28 PM
PS: The six NE state conventions are all in winter & spring. Thus som e of tried to schedule exam in September at PPANE convention.

D._Craig_Flory
07-10-2006, 09:12 AM
Hi George;

I hope you can get a proctor who will give the C.P.P. test at your September Regional. If not ... anyone is welcome to come take it here in Pa. in October.

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, Cr.Photog., PPA C.P.P. Liaison, ASP

Jackie_Haggerty
07-10-2006, 05:33 PM
Craig,

The CPP exam is being given in Illinois in November, but I'm still comin' to see you in PA! ;)

Vance_Wagener
07-11-2006, 03:07 AM
PS: Just to clarify you guys are talking about New England. NE is the abbreviation for Nebraska. :)

Vance

Michael_Gan
07-11-2006, 04:50 AM
George,

I may be wrong on this and if I am I appologize but I believe it is up to each state and or region's CPP Liason to schedule the exams, not up to PPA it self.

I know ehre in Maryland our PPA Liasion trys to schedule two during the year and then again at the convention but it is up to him and the State PPA Affiliate as to when it is going to be, National does have to be made aware of it though so they can have the exams ready

John SteinHi John, PPA is trying to have the exams during sanctioned schools, state conventions and national convention. Seems some of the proctors were getting a little too gabby with the examinees.

We have secured a special exam time in September at our association meeting because we have 16 of our members who will be taking the exam. Thanks to David Milthofer for his efforts!

Michael

George_Hawkins
07-11-2006, 08:00 PM
YES, I was referring to New England!
If none of the six state liaisons volunteer to proctor, I will find time among some other volunteer positions. I'd rather encourage our New Hampshire liaison to proctor. As I once wrote, PPA has recently had staff present for PPANE's trade show and he/she has proctored exam.

Gabby with examinees! No way! We all are educated people; the only thing I would say, and at beginning, is remain calm, maybe use process of elimination for multiple choice questions. I would assure all that there is no way a proctor has access to correct answers as tests are corrected at headquarters. The proctor monitors a clock; it's a two hour max.

September's PPANE convention is usually the first of the travel plans of the new PPA President.

George

Betsy_Finn
08-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Hi Craig --

The CPP exam is also being offered in Michigan in October ....more specifically, at the PPM Fall Seminar on October 8th (http://www.ppm.org/fallseminar.html).

Just wanted to let anyone who might be interested know! :D

Gerald_Griffith
08-17-2006, 05:42 PM
We at VPPA will be having the exam Sunday 10/22 in Virginia.

David_Mithofer
08-17-2006, 07:26 PM
We are planning on giving the certification exam at the PPANE convention. I need to check on the exact date, but as soon as I have it I will post it here.

Thanks for your patience,
David Mithofer
Manager, Member Services

David_Mithofer
08-17-2006, 09:14 PM
The exam will be September 18th at 3PM.

Thanks,
David Mithofer

Tommie_Huffman
08-27-2006, 01:09 AM
on october 15th in san antonio if any are interested.

D._Craig_Flory
09-05-2006, 03:42 PM
Hi group;

So far, I have photographers coming here to Pennsylvania on October 1st to take the certification exam from me ... from as far away as California ! I'm really looking forward to everyone here, who have been doing the C.P.P. study group thing, to visit Pa., take the exam, and then stay for out two days of outstanding speakers and seminars. Let me know if anyone
has a question about it. And if you want info on our meeting, go to www.ppaofpa.org .

D. Craig Flory PPA Certified, PPA C.P.P. Liaison, ASP

Karen_Linsley
09-06-2006, 12:04 AM
I will be taking the exam in PA in October. I was not aware of an exam in California in September, and I did ask and check the list I recieved from PPA. That must be something new. Anyway, I'm excited to be going to PA, I've never been, and excited to take the test also. It also gives me some comfort to be able to take it with people I know, even though I haven't met most of you, I feel like I "know" because of the communications on this forum.

Michael_Gan
09-06-2006, 12:47 AM
Hi Karen, Sorry you didn't get the September info in time.

The Exam will take place September 14 at 3:00. The exam will take place at the Walnut Creek, CA, Marriott Hotel just before the Northern California Professional Photographers Meeting ( You are welcome to stay to hear our speaker and see our print competition).

Call David Milthofer at PPA right away if you want to take the exam. So far, approx. 16 from the Northern California group will be taking the exam.

Good Luck!

Michael
Northern California CPP Liason

Michael_Gan
09-06-2006, 12:49 AM

Thanks,
David Mithofer

Um David????

The 14th, not the 18th;)

Michael

Karen_Linsley
09-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Thanks Michael, but I think it is probably too late, I've already made my plane reservations, hotel reservations, etc. I will look into it and see.....

Marc_Benjamin
09-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Hi Michael,

Who's your guy's speaker this month?

Michael_Gan
09-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Hi Marc,

Our speaker is Phil Borges on indigenous (Natives) portrait photography www.philborges.com (http://www.philborges.com) .

Should be a fun evening!

Michael

George_Hawkins
09-09-2006, 01:57 AM

Thanks,
David Mithofer

YES, PPANE is New England; this year in Sturbridge, Massachusetts.
Our speakers fly in & out of Bradley Field, in Hartford, CT, about a 20-30 minute ride. Boston's Logan is much farther. There is a transportation committee of volunteers; not guaranteed but may be available.

Look at the great programming scheduled at www.ppane.com.

As written, one must be confirmed with PPA office in order to have an exam.

We always have a great trade show, which is Sunday & Monday, and the awards banquet Monday night! Advance convention registration is not required. Executive director and Officer emails are on the website.

George