PDA

View Full Version : I went Loan! Now what?

ctruesdell
09-07-2012, 04:25 AM
One of my digital submissions went loan! How will it be displayed at Imaging Expo? Do I need to have it printed? Does the PPA have them printed or are digital submissions simply displayed electronically? I don't want to miss my chance to display. Thank you for your time.

okumoto
09-07-2012, 04:40 AM
Congratulations Cherie!

In the Past, Electronic images were displayed on really BIG SCREENS! in the exhibition area with other mounted prints. Very impressive displays.
But I still enjoy viewing mounted prints, getting up close to see all the detail in each entry.

Good work!
Dwight

Rick_Massarini
09-07-2012, 04:51 AM
Dwight is right. The images will be displayed in the manner that they were judged - so if you submitted digitally, the images can only be displayed digitally on those 60" monitors that we set up in front of the print exhibit. If you had submitted a print, the print would have been displayed. There is no option to have a digitally submitted image displayed as a print - sorry ...

ctruesdell
09-07-2012, 03:47 PM
I'm happy with a screen viewing. Thank you both for responding. Just wanted to make sure I was not supposed to print it. Thanks, again.

cat_broderick
11-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Just curious if the contenders for the GIA have been selected and announced? I was told phone calls may be made in November?

Sarah_Johnston
12-30-2012, 08:48 PM
I believe top 10 have been announced. Winners are announced at the GIA's Monday night at IUSA.

cat_broderick
01-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Sarah-can you point us to that announcement?