PDA

View Full Version : Judging Videos

skiboarder72
08-18-2012, 04:41 PM
For the people that ordered the judging videos from the IPC. When will these be available? Will they be sent to us somehow?

mbalthaser
08-18-2012, 07:30 PM
Last year they were emailed to us sometime after competition - I can't quite remember how long after - but don't think it was more than a few weeks?

Sarah_Johnston
08-23-2012, 11:19 PM
They will be emailed. I am not sure when tho.

Sarah_Johnston
08-25-2012, 02:24 AM
OK so it sounds like the critiques are starting to go out. Watch for an email from PPA also check in your My PPA. It was suggested that they will be there. I will let you know more as I know more.

shawley
08-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Have most gotten their critiques already? I haven't and I'm wondering if I was missed?

Christine_Walsh-Newton
08-28-2012, 09:59 PM
It's too soon - they take awhile.

Edited to add: I just saw the other comment hat they were being sent out. I didn't get mine. Check your spam folder just in case.

gailcarver
08-28-2012, 10:12 PM
I don't know anyone that has gotten them yet. We are all anxiously awaiting them! I am sure they are trying their best to get them and the showcase book finished up! What an amazing staff of volunteers PPA has. Thanks to all those who make this happen!

brekke_felt
08-28-2012, 11:36 PM
I just got the e-mail saying to check My PPA Information, but the videos aren't there yet.

gailcarver
08-28-2012, 11:39 PM
Yep, I got the email, but not really there yet. I can't wait, what a tease! Also GB listings are available now! So that is awesome!

Louise_St_Romain
08-29-2012, 01:45 PM
I haven't gotten anything yet.

Missy50
08-29-2012, 04:01 PM
I ordered a cc. Have not gotten it yet either, but I didn't expect it right away.

mbalthaser
08-29-2012, 06:07 PM
yep, my videos aren't there yet either - glad it's not just me though!

racoyle
08-29-2012, 09:49 PM
I'm waiting too. My email said click the link on ppa.com under my-info. There is a link there to the results, but not to the critques. So I guess it's time to wait some more!

brekke_felt
08-29-2012, 10:50 PM
From IPC's facebook page:

Waiting for a critique from IPC? Here is what I know at this point.
With new technology comes great advantages but not without a hiccup or two. When you register your case and order a critique it gets a code to sort it from those not getting critiqued. Somewhere along the line there was some sort of glitch and a small group got separated from the rest. DO NOT FEAR they are all accounted for and you WILL get your critique. (fyi - Mine is in that group too.) Everything is being done to get them finished up and out. This may not be a speedy process. I am not a programmer or IT guy so I can not give a time frame. Not sure they can give one yet either. Please rest assured tho that you will get what you ordered, I just can not say when. If I get more information I will be sure to pass it along.
Please keep in mind that up until a couple of years ago it took at least 3-4 months for critiques to be mailed out via snail mail.
We all wish this had not happened, but everything that can be done is being done to get them out to the members as quickly as possible. Thank you for you patience.

brekke_felt
09-01-2012, 03:43 PM
I got an email last night that said do to an error 250 images were omitted from the judging, mine were included. They are working to get these images judged, but not sure when they will be up. :(. I was kind of relaying on that to make a decision on a reshoot for Regionals. Darn it all.

racoyle
09-04-2012, 01:14 AM
Thanks for the update Brekke.

"They also serve......"

Jeff_Dachowski
09-04-2012, 01:11 PM
I got an email last night that said do to an error 250 images were omitted from the judging, mine were included. They are working to get these images judged, but not sure when they will be up. :(. I was kind of relaying on that to make a decision on a reshoot for Regionals. Darn it all.

Brekke,
Post a thread here, and I will try to CC it for you.

Jeff

Rick_Massarini
09-04-2012, 05:38 PM

All of the images submitted to the IPC were judged. There were 250 images that were not critiqued due to a computer problem that did not flag those images as requiring critiques. The jurors worked late into the evening to get all of the critiques done at the IPC, but these were not flagged as needing them. The PEC is working on getting the judges to critique them right now.

If your image is not listed in the official results list, it is because the image wase not accepted. Only the accepted images are listed. Your entries "In the Mission Field" and "Powerless Against the System" were accepted for the General Exhibit - so if you sent in a full case of 4 entries, the other two were not accepted.

brekke_felt
09-05-2012, 06:41 AM
My mistake. I meant they were omitted from critique. I wanted to do a possible reshoot of the one for SWPPA based on the critique but I won't get it in time it looks like.

cynthiahovda
09-06-2012, 06:39 PM
One of my four videos is a repeat of another. It has the correct title but the critique of a different image. Can anyone tell me how to get the correct critique? Thanks!

Louise_St_Romain
09-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Haven't gotten mine yet.

brekke_felt
09-08-2012, 02:55 PM
One of my four videos is a repeat of another. It has the correct title but the critique of a different image. Can anyone tell me how to get the correct critique? Thanks!

Cynthia, I would simply e-mail PPA.

racoyle
09-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Sept 29 and still waiting. Since this is my first IPC I'm not sure what to expect. Is a month too long?

Rick_Massarini
09-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Hang in there and give them a little time. The jurors all went home after the judging and if yours were in the group that got missed because of the computer glitch, it may take a little bit of time for them to get the jurors to critique your images. There are additional computer issuese involved in order to get the jurors to critique them - it's not like they can just email the file to them and have them critique them at home and email them back to you - they have to get the critiquing software to the jurors who will be doing the cririques, get that installed on the juror's computers in order to get them into the system - then they can do the critiques. I've heard that the computer issues involved are a bit more involved than you would initially assume - so give the PEC just a little time - they'll get the critiques to you.

racoyle
11-07-2012, 08:58 PM
I still haven't received my video. Is it time to be alarmed yet?