PDA

View Full Version : Are they posted yet ?????????????

Rick_Massarini
08-11-2012, 05:48 AM
OK - We have this thread every year - so I'll start it off early this year.

The IPC judging starts this Sunday morning 8/12 and runs through Wednesday 8/15. I'll let you know as soon as the results are on line - but that doesn't mean you can't ask the question - it helps kill time while you're waiting on pins and needles...

Good Luck to everyone who entered this year !!!

I'm off to the IPC...
C ya Lata...

MWatson
08-11-2012, 06:36 AM
Rick, Have a good time and watch for my case. You'll know its my case when the judges start laughing. Actually, I would love to be there to help, learn and see my prints turn around.

mbalthaser
08-11-2012, 05:56 PM
I don't have high expectations for my case this year, with the exception of the one automatic merit I'll get from the seal at districts... but I'm anxious just the same! With I could be there to watch some of the judging... maybe one of these years!

Davison_Wheeler
08-11-2012, 08:28 PM
This is going to be an interesting learning experience for me. Setting up today was even a learning experience!

Ron_Jackson
08-11-2012, 10:40 PM
I have absolutely zero expecatations this year. I rushed to get ready (how unusual). My four are entered in EI and two of the four should have gone into Open but I wasn't entering a case there so....I will be the most shocked if I get even one single merit this year. Oh well. At least I ordered the critique so this should be a laugh.

Davison_Wheeler
08-12-2012, 01:42 AM
by the way Rick, My head wound from this morning and pole dropping on my head. Im A.O.K! haha.

J_Davidson
08-12-2012, 03:10 AM
*Sitting in the corner rocking and nervously chewing on nails* After districts, it was a total crapshoot for me. 1 sealed print, 2 that were fence sitters, and a new print. Wouldn't be fun without the stress...right?

Davison_Wheeler
08-12-2012, 03:12 AM
if you are not stressed, then you did not do the best IMO. When I know I did my best, I am always stressed until the final word. Happens to me every semester at school. After critique, I freak out till the final grade is posted haha. Once the final word is released...feel so much better once I see the outcome-good or bad.

J_Davidson
08-12-2012, 05:44 AM
I'm a total comp junkie. Don't let my hot air fool you. :D

RBrogen
08-12-2012, 07:04 PM
no more finger nails left! lol

Christine_Walsh-Newton
08-12-2012, 10:40 PM
*tap* *tap* *tap*...all I need is THREE more merits.... I sent in two seals, so I just need ONE bit of good news...just one.... (of course I'll take TWO bits of good news in a heartbeat) ;)

RBrogen
08-12-2012, 10:46 PM
good luck Christine!

Christine_Walsh-Newton
08-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Thanks Randy, you too!

MWatson
08-13-2012, 03:19 AM
Christine, I hope you get your three needed merits. No news can be viewed as good news. It is gonna be a long week.

Amy_Hall
08-13-2012, 03:32 AM
Y'all are stressing me out and I didn't even enter anything! Now you've got me worrying on your behalf!

J_Davidson
08-13-2012, 05:03 AM
Amy just hate our cases. Pretty please! :D

Cindi_K_McDaniel
08-13-2012, 03:09 PM
I hate everyone's cases too, especially mine!

Rick_Massarini
08-15-2012, 03:44 AM
I don't have high expectations for my case this year, with the exception of the one automatic merit I'll get from the seal at districts... but I'm anxious just the same! With I could be there to watch some of the judging... maybe one of these years!

I can't say anything yet since the results aren't final yet, but trying not to be last but not least, I think that you might be happy !!!

kristiswift
08-15-2012, 06:16 AM
This is my 1st year to enter, and I am hoping for some great instructional feedback from the judges. I entered my state affiliate, missed our regionals, but decided to throw my case in to see what comes back! It's all good, if just for the experience of going through the motions, so I will be even more prepared for the next competition!
Good Luck to everyone who's entered!

mbalthaser
08-15-2012, 11:59 AM
Rick - your message just gave me chills!!!!!! Good play on words!

EEEEK! Now I'm really excited to hear :)

mbalthaser
08-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Kristiswift - Last year was my first year - it's a fabulous learning experience! If you ordered the critique, it's fabulous! I learned so much from just those four images being critiqued last year! :) Good luck!

RBrogen
08-15-2012, 02:20 PM
I actually forgot to order the critique this year ugh!

Mark_Turner
08-15-2012, 03:12 PM
:cool:Are they up yet?

Missy50
08-15-2012, 04:37 PM
2011 are still up.:cool:

Mark_Turner
08-15-2012, 06:04 PM
How about now? :D

mbalthaser
08-15-2012, 06:11 PM
I keep checking, full well knowing it would be impossible for them to be up yet ;)

Tss1203
08-15-2012, 06:16 PM
you guys are cracking me up :)

Missy50
08-15-2012, 07:37 PM
:DI expect they will be up Friday. I am going to quit looking. My blood pressure is up. :eek:

Davison_Wheeler
08-15-2012, 08:20 PM
give them a few days. I would assume you will see the results by friday like Melissa said or at least by monday.

Missy50
08-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Gotta quit thinking about it. ;) Yeah, like that is going to happen!

Christine_Walsh-Newton
08-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Every time someone new posts to this thread, I get all excited, thinking the results might be up.

Stop it!!!!

kristiswift
08-15-2012, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the encouraging words, Melissa...I did order the critique! Every time I have sat thru judging (for other events) it has been wonderful for teaching my eyes to be more critical. NOT saying I have perfect "vision" yet, but it has helped! :)

Tss1203
08-15-2012, 10:58 PM
just trying to get Christine excited again ;0)

MWatson
08-15-2012, 11:10 PM
Love it, here is another one for Christine's excitement !

Christine_Walsh-Newton
08-16-2012, 12:18 AM
Ya'll are just BAD. ;)

Marie_M
08-16-2012, 12:18 AM
According to IPC on Facebook...SOON! lol!

Christine_Walsh-Newton
08-16-2012, 12:31 AM
I saw that!! :)

Tss1203
08-16-2012, 12:32 AM
ugh! Soon could mean anything!

I'm trying to remain calm, but it is oh so very hard. I'm kicking myself repeatedly on my 3rd and 4th choice.

I say next year we all fly to a central location and drown our misery while we wait together, lol!

Christine_Walsh-Newton
08-16-2012, 12:37 AM
I know what you mean, Amy, I'm kicking myself for #4. It was a huge departure from my normal entry...

MWatson
08-16-2012, 12:41 AM
Is the difficulty in waiting a personality thing or is it hardest for males or females to wait, anticipate and or wonder ? And, is it hardest to wait for your first merit or just the one you need for your Master's degree.

Tss1203
08-16-2012, 12:46 AM
I say personality thing. I'm not on my first merit, nor am I close to getting my Master's. But patience has never been one of my strong suits ;0)

Rick_Massarini
08-16-2012, 12:47 AM
I know what you mean, Amy, I'm kicking myself for #4. It was a huge departure from my normal entry...

Christine,
I saw one of yours... I think you're gonna be happy !!!

Rick_Massarini
08-16-2012, 12:49 AM
I say personality thing. I'm not on my first merit, nor am I close to getting my Master's. But patience has never been one of my strong suits ;0)

Amy,
Hang in there - I saw a couple of yours too... I think you're gonna be happy two !!!

Rick_Massarini
08-16-2012, 12:56 AM
We just finished packing up the prints and digital equipment around 6 PM. IPC 2012 is officially over! The scores probably won't be up for at least a few days until the IT guys get back to the office and check everything.
I'll keep everyone posted on when they're up, and when those of you who ordered critiques can expect to recieve your link.
You might want to look on the IPC facebook page since Sarah Johnston may post more current information (more and more current than I have) on there.

Gregory__Castillo
08-16-2012, 12:58 AM
That was so much FUN! Thank you PPA I learn tons of great tips this week.

mbalthaser
08-16-2012, 01:01 AM
MWatson -

Well, I'm having a hard time waiting and it's not my first merit nor will it be my last to earn me a degree! I keep re-reading Rick's comment to me wondering if I've read too much into it, haha... (in a good way, Rick - I appreciate you posting!)

Rick_Massarini
08-16-2012, 01:06 AM
... And, is it hardest to wait for your first merit or just the one you need for your Master's degree.
Which are you waiting for - your first or the last one for your degree?

MWatson
08-16-2012, 01:08 AM
Rick, I am trying to be patient to see if I received my first merit. It's not easy !!

Christine_Walsh-Newton
08-16-2012, 01:26 AM
And I'm waiting on my last one for a Master's LOL And the waiting is EXCRUCIATING!

Thanks, Rick!

Tara_Ruby
08-16-2012, 01:44 AM
The wait is too much!!! LOL

Amy_Hall
08-16-2012, 03:10 AM
Good heavens, I'm so anxious for all of you! Can't wait to see the results!

Mark_Turner
08-16-2012, 03:20 AM
Oh, was IPC this week? it had totally slipped my mind.

Tracy_McGee
08-16-2012, 03:36 AM
You might want to look on the IPC facebook page since Sarah Johnston may post more current information (more and more current than I have) on there.
A few DAYS?!?! :eek: LOL! Does anyone have a link to the IPC facebook page? I tried to find it on Facebook, but I can't even find the PPA page on there at the moment.

MWatson
08-16-2012, 03:41 AM
https://www.facebook.com/TheIPC

Tss1203
08-16-2012, 03:52 AM
lol, nice try, Mark ;)

Rick_Massarini
08-16-2012, 04:08 AM
Rick, I am trying to be patient to see if I received my first merit. It's not easy !!

Mike, The scores are not offical yet - but I think you'll be happy too !!!

JulieJJ
08-16-2012, 04:15 AM
First-Timer here too......waiting/hoping to see my first merit. Thinking about learning to juggle to pass the time. ;-]

Rick_Massarini
08-16-2012, 04:17 AM
That was so much FUN! Thank you PPA I learn tons of great tips this week.

Greg
Thanks for all of your help. You and all of the Gwinnette Tech students were a fabulous help. I'll see you in January at Imaging - and welcome to PPA!

Tss1203
08-16-2012, 04:24 AM
sounds like happiness all around, Thank you Rick! Now just to wait to find out which images I can be happy about ;)

Rick_Massarini
08-16-2012, 04:31 AM
Hey, I'm saying all that I can...
If I say anything more, they'll have me drawn and quartered...
They just have to make sure that everything is right in the computer before it goes live.

J_Davidson
08-16-2012, 04:51 AM
I'm almost glad you don't know what my stuff looks like Rick! I'd probably be chewing my nails to the quick!

oh yeah. Bump for Christine, just to mess with her some more. :)

Tracy_McGee
08-16-2012, 04:52 AM
I found the PPA Facebook page, but still not the IPC facebook page. In the response to someone asking last night about when the results would be posted, the PPA page admin responded, "Hi Robin, it usually takes us about 6 or 7 weeks to compile the results. We'll definitely let you know on our Facebook page when they are available!" I'm thinking we should all stock up on the Alka Seltzer LOL!

Tracy_McGee
08-16-2012, 04:59 AM
https://www.facebook.com/TheIPC

Sorry Mike, I missed that a few minutes ago. Thanks!!! :D

Christine_Walsh-Newton
08-16-2012, 10:08 AM
I'm almost glad you don't know what my stuff looks like Rick! I'd probably be chewing my nails to the quick!

Paybacks, Jill, paybacks... ;)

Louise_St_Romain
08-16-2012, 11:58 AM

and another bump ... hehehehehehe

(waiting impatiently to see how I did this year ... )

Christine_Walsh-Newton
08-16-2012, 12:34 PM
I swear, ya'll are gonna pay for this. ;)

Good luck Louise!

Sarah_Johnston
08-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Hey everyone! Glad you are all so excited to see the scores. There were so many great images this year! Those of use that packed prints did get to see PRINT scores. We did not get to see digital ones. It was rather sad to see the number of actual prints drop this year. If we don't enter prints there will be no print show in the next few years. That will be such a shame! Walking thru the prints at imaging is one more fabulous way to learn the fine details not only for competition but to improve our every day work. Just sayin'!

mbalthaser
08-16-2012, 01:49 PM
So is that how you all know? From packing the prints up? I was wondering... b/c I didn't think names of the maker were ever given during the judging, correct?

And while I'm asking.... what happens with images that came in sealed from Districts... do they get rejudged with all the other images? Or are they all segregated out and only judged "up" for possible loan? I'm just curious b/c I'm wondering how happy I should be, lol..... I already knew my one image would merit based on the seal, which of course would make me happy.... depending on how they're judged though, I might be really happy!! ;)

And Sarah - I can't wait to go to Imaging this January and see all the prints! I am so glad I submitted prints this year instead of digital!

Christine_Walsh-Newton
08-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Melissa - if an image has a seal, it bypasses the merit judging and goes straight to loan judging. The seal officially converts to a merit when the image is forwarded to the same year's IPC.

Maker's names are not given during judging. Most likely, the knowledge comes from observing the actual judging (and recognizing the print/maker from here or other forums) or handling the prints afterwards.

mbalthaser
08-16-2012, 02:10 PM
Thanks Christine! That's pretty much what I though (or may have read before), but in searching the forum I couldn't confirm, so I appreciate you clarifying!

One of these years I'd really love to get to either a district or IPC judging just to watch!

Tss1203
08-16-2012, 02:56 PM
bumpity bump bump Christine!

I feel guilty I entered 2 digitals this year. I ran out of options though and didn't have time to print the last 2.

Seeing the actual prints at Imaging is one of the highlights of my trip. You definitely don't pay as much attention to the images that flash by on the screens as you do to the actual prints.

Next year I'll do all prints again..

Davison_Wheeler
08-16-2012, 03:00 PM
I feel that I will doing some of both, when i finally enter into the competitions. Its astonishing to watch the judges get so close to where their eyes almost touch the print to look at the detail. I learned so much this year.

Christine_Walsh-Newton
08-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Thanks doll! I owe ya! ;)

I entered 2 digitals as well. I had 2 prints seal at NE. I ditched the other 2 prints, but waited entirely too long to make my decision in order to have prints made in time, so the 2 replacements are digital. I do like prints, better, though. Next year I resolve to not procrastinate until that stage, again.

Rick_Massarini
08-16-2012, 03:01 PM
The way I find out the scores on images is usually just accidentally noticing the makers name on the print as we are sorting the prints back into numerical order and into sections in the sorting room - then I write down the number and name and go back to that stack closer to the end after all the prints have been judged - if I have the time. We can't get the scores on the digitally submitted images since they are all handled in the computer - and there is so much activity going on in the computer control room that we don't have time to sidetrack the IT guys by asking them to look up a score for us. The only way we go into the computer to look up a score is if there is an issue with the image - like something that is in the wrong category, an image that won't go into the judging queue because it's in the wrong classification or category, or other issues. As we get towards the end, things get a lot busier in the computer room - so we try not to bother those people too much since they're being constantly bombarded with work and issues.

Rick_Massarini
08-16-2012, 03:04 PM
I feel that I will doing some of both, when i finally enter into the competitions. Its astonishing to watch the judges get so close to where their eyes almost touch the print to look at the detail. I learned so much this year.

That's probably a holdover from the old days when we used to lacquer prints - after 20 years you can become are addicted to sniffing lacquer !

Davison_Wheeler
08-16-2012, 03:20 PM
hahahah strangley i can see that loll

Missy50
08-16-2012, 03:55 PM
All of mine were digital. I was afraid that I might not get the prints back in time.

RBrogen
08-16-2012, 03:55 PM
Definitely agree Amy ... it's just a completely different feel when you have the physical print in front of you ... there's something more real about it

bumpity bump bump Christine!

I feel guilty I entered 2 digitals this year. I ran out of options though and didn't have time to print the last 2.

Seeing the actual prints at Imaging is one of the highlights of my trip. You definitely don't pay as much attention to the images that flash by on the screens as you do to the actual prints.

Next year I'll do all prints again..

LeAnneSchmidt
08-16-2012, 05:26 PM
Thank you, Rick Massarini, for being there, and for being such an amazing supporter and mentor!

Jeff_Dachowski
08-16-2012, 05:51 PM
fwiw...I know how I did......

hahahahahahahahahahaha!

Marie_M
08-16-2012, 06:01 PM
So, when will the merits show up? Do they post the results and then put the merits into your account later, or do they put the merits in before they post the results?

Jeff_Dachowski
08-16-2012, 06:08 PM
Marie,
the results might be up for a bit, before the merit report reflects the new merits.
Jeff

lmkolb
08-16-2012, 06:09 PM
I had the privilege of being a volunteer at IPC for 2 years. I learned so much by listening to the judging and seeing the images up close and personal. Due to a recent move and too many repair people scheduled at my house on those days, I was unable to make it this year. I am very appreciative of all the support and encouragement that was given to me by the judges and all the IPC staff. They all told me how important it is to enter competitions and make yourself a better photographer. Since then I have entered and won some but this is the first time I have entered the IPC. I am waiting impatiently for results!! Hey Rick, you are the best! Sorry I missed you this year. See you at IUSA!

Tss1203
08-16-2012, 06:26 PM
you are EVIL Jeff! ;)

dkcphotography
08-16-2012, 07:49 PM
I am a nervous wreck....I entered 4 digital. This is my second year and I know I have two sealed from Western District. I have not entered a physical print, but I can see how there would be a difference.

Christine_Walsh-Newton
08-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Welcome to the waiting room, Diane. Good luck!

dkcphotography
08-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Thank you Christine! Good Luck to you too! Wow, one more merit for your Master's that is fantastic!

Christine_Walsh-Newton
08-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Actually, I need three, but two of my images already sealed at a district, which automatically become merits at IPC, so of the two remaining images, I need one more merit...

mbalthaser
08-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Gah! they just posted on the facebook page "sometime this weekend"!! This is killing me! :)

brekke_felt
08-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Hey everyone! Glad you are all so excited to see the scores. There were so many great images this year! Those of use that packed prints did get to see PRINT scores. We did not get to see digital ones. It was rather sad to see the number of actual prints drop this year. If we don't enter prints there will be no print show in the next few years. That will be such a shame! Walking thru the prints at imaging is one more fabulous way to learn the fine details not only for competition but to improve our every day work. Just sayin'!

My first year I entered digital, this year I was all prints. I will never enter digital again, but I have to find a better lab. I was sick at one of my prints and how dark it came out. I lost so much detail in my blacks that WAS in the image. I know they print darker for competition, but it was soooo dark. Hopefully those lights they have are like uber awesome and they could see that the detail was there. It's the one I am stressing over the most. I think my other images did great. I also had two that sealed at SWPPA, so it's waiting to see if they went loan (not holding my breath) and how my other two did (yes, holding my breath).

"I hate wait."

RBrogen
08-16-2012, 10:50 PM
Hey Rick,

Thank you and the rest of the crew that pull these amazing events off. One day I hope to actually attend IPC Judging in person ... right now I'm on pins and needles and the waiting is brutal!

Best,
Randy

We just finished packing up the prints and digital equipment around 6 PM. IPC 2012 is officially over! The scores probably won't be up for at least a few days until the IT guys get back to the office and check everything.
I'll keep everyone posted on when they're up, and when those of you who ordered critiques can expect to recieve your link.

RBrogen
08-16-2012, 10:57 PM
fwiw...i know how i did......

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

you are a rotten man jeff!!! :)

Cheri_MacCallum
08-17-2012, 12:05 AM
Does anyone here remember back before internet when you would have to wait around 2 weeks or more to get a letter telling you how you did???

Christine_Walsh-Newton
08-17-2012, 12:10 AM
I'm pretty sure that was back when we were walking both ways uphill in the snow to school. ;)

Davison_Wheeler
08-17-2012, 12:24 AM
Does anyone here remember back before internet when you would have to wait around 2 weeks or more to get a letter telling you how you did???

No internet?! Thats insane!!

Rick_Massarini
08-17-2012, 02:37 AM
Internet ???? I can remember when I first started entering print competition - a long time ago - entering then was really a pain - do you realize just how much it cost to ship the whole cave wall in just to have an image judged? And packing up the cave wall was a real backache - it's lucky that we could even walk upright after that - well, some of us were still using our knuckles too back then...

Rick_Massarini
08-17-2012, 02:58 AM
Hey Rick,

Thank you and the rest of the crew that pull these amazing events off. One day I hope to actually attend IPC Judging in person ... right now I'm on pins and needles and the waiting is brutal!

Best,
Randy

We just do the grunt work - where the credit really has to go is to that crew of jurors who managed to stay so totally focused on the task at hand in spite of all the i-pod to computer communications issues that slowed things down. Those are the people that need to be thanked! It's an amazing group of amazing people - and if I could get another amazing into that sentence without sounding stupid, I would (and I did - ha!).

Davison_Wheeler
08-17-2012, 05:11 AM
We just do the grunt work - where the credit really has to go is to that crew of jurors who managed to stay so totally focused on the task at hand in spite of all the i-pod to computer communications issues that slowed things down. Those are the people that need to be thanked! It's an amazing group of amazing people - and if I could get another amazing into that sentence without sounding stupid, I would (and I did - ha!).

I tell you it was astonishing to me to see how calm the judges kept themselves, and how jokingly they went about it when the computers and ipods kept crashing. I was just handing the prints during judging and i was going nuts when we had to wait for everyones to synch right back up!

Marie_M
08-17-2012, 02:30 PM
tick.........tick........tick......

Tss1203
08-17-2012, 02:30 PM
hey Chrisssstttiiiinne.......

nope, still not yet ;0)

(I'm just trying to pass the time, lol)

Christine_Walsh-Newton
08-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Amy, Amy, Amy - we have to meet and have drinks...because you're footing the bill ;)

Tss1203
08-17-2012, 02:58 PM
lol! You got it!

mbalthaser
08-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Um, I just got a call from the PPA. Doing a major happy dance over here :) :) I missed the call, but she left me info on the message.... and also said that ALL results will be up by this afternoon :)

Christine_Walsh-Newton
08-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Melissa - congrats to you - I'm assuming your call was congratulating you on a loan print???

mbalthaser
08-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Yup! My first loan print!! I honestly didn't expect it at all... I think it only scored an 84 at districts!!

I'm still anxious to see if I snagged another general collection merit from one of my other prints... I'm guessing not or she'd have said, but even so, I'll be walking away from this competition quite happy!!

I love that they had someone call - so cool!

Marie_M
08-17-2012, 03:25 PM
Um, I just got a call from the PPA. Doing a major happy dance over here :) :) I missed the call, but she left me info on the message.... and also said that ALL results will be up by this afternoon :)

Yay!!! Congratulations!!

Tss1203
08-17-2012, 03:28 PM
they're up :)

Marie_M
08-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Yay!!! I merited with one of my images!!! First competition merit!!!!

mbalthaser
08-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Yes, they are!!! Just the loan for me - um, but I'll take it!!!!! :D

Christine_Walsh-Newton
08-17-2012, 03:33 PM
I needed 3 merits for the Master's and got 4. One loan and two general. First year not going 4/4 but I'll take it. I knew my 4th print was a risk...

Marie_M
08-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Congratulations, Christine!

mbalthaser
08-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Congrats Marie and Christine!!!!

Christine - My goal for this year was one loan. Check!! Now next year, I'd love to go four for four (Last year was my first time entering and I had 2 merits).

Looks like I'll have my work cut out for me to get 4/4, but I'm up for the challenge.... I'm sure you'll be seeing me here for critique!

Stephanie_Millner
08-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Congrats Marie!

Missy50
08-17-2012, 03:50 PM
Cinnamon from PPA just called me!!!! One of my images merited!!!! She also told me that the results of IPC is now up and everything is official! Woo Hoo! I am so excited!

Tss1203
08-17-2012, 03:51 PM
okay, maybe I don't hate my two digital entries anymore......

Missy50
08-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Congratulations everyone! Christine, congrats on the loan. I knew you would make it. :D

Tracy_McGee
08-17-2012, 03:59 PM
I see LOTS of familiar names on there! Congratulations to everyone!!! :D My 4th one didn't squeak by, but 3 out of my 4 went general collection. With this being my first year doing print competition I'm super happy with that. :)

Missy50
08-17-2012, 04:02 PM
okay, maybe I don't hate my two digital entries anymore......

Are they the 2 that went loan? Congrats!

MWatson
08-17-2012, 04:04 PM
http://www.ppa.com/pdfs/2012_ipc_results.pdf

dybala2
08-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Is that list the results from both the Photographic Open and Master Artist? I thought for sure some of my restorations would merit :(

Amy_Hall
08-17-2012, 04:12 PM
Wow, congratulations everyone! Marie, that is awesome! So proud of you! Mike Watson, congratulations!

Cindi_K_McDaniel
08-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Well I didn't go loan, but I did have one hang :) I'm a happy camper!!!!

Tss1203
08-17-2012, 04:18 PM
nope, my two general ;) I was praying for those two to just merit, I knew they wouldn't Loan. Avery is excited b/c one of them is an image of him :)

Marie_M
08-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Congrats Marie!

Thanks!
Congratulations to you too!

Rick_Massarini
08-17-2012, 04:24 PM
Congratulations to everyone - the list came on line pretty quick this year - the guys in the IT group were probably up all night working on it - so give them a big round of applause !!!

Marie_M
08-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Wow, congratulations everyone! Marie, that is awesome! So proud of you! Mike Watson, congratulations!

Thanks, Amy! Yep, Mike, congratulations! Feeling like we are 'bretheren" now. LOL!:D

Marie_M
08-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Thank you, IT group!

A big contratulations to everyone! Hoping to meet you in Atlanta IUSA!

Tss1203
08-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Congratulations to everyone - the list came on line pretty quick this year - the guys in the IT group were probably up all night working on it - so give them a big round of applause !!!

HUGE thank you and round of applause :)

Good job everyone! Our little PPA forum group did pretty dang good!

Erin_L._Clark
08-17-2012, 04:33 PM
congrats Everyone!! So exciting- can't get any work done!
---
Rick- do you know anything about the Showcase collection?

MWatson
08-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Amy, Congratulations, you did great !!!!!

Davison_Wheeler
08-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Congratulations to everyone whom merited this year! I hope to be among those of you whom merit one day!

Tss1203
08-17-2012, 04:39 PM
dang, I keep messing up my post and deleting stuff when I'm just trying to add to it!

Lol, thank you Mike! Congrats to you, too!

Mark_Turner
08-17-2012, 04:40 PM
OK, I see my print accepted, but what about the digital submissions?

Christine_Walsh-Newton
08-17-2012, 04:48 PM
The list contains all entries, Mark.

Mark_Turner
08-17-2012, 04:50 PM
So...the 3 digital entries didn't make the cut. Dang.

TracyeGibson
08-17-2012, 04:53 PM
Humm.....so I noticed no Showcase prints were on the list?.......

HarloweStudios
08-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Congrats to everyone that merited and went loan! Super excited for you!

Cheri_MacCallum
08-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Hung all 4 with 2 loan, I'm happy!! Congrats to all who did well!!

Mark_Turner
08-17-2012, 06:10 PM
So who wants to share what didn't merit? I think I'll start a thread. Might be fun and educational.

brekke_felt
08-17-2012, 06:13 PM
So who wants to share what didn't merit? I think I'll start a thread. Might be fun and educational.

I'll share mine.

dkcphotography
08-17-2012, 06:30 PM
for my second year out, 3 out of 4 for General - I am pretty excited! They were all digital. Next year I'm gonna go print! Congrats to everyone!

Huge round of applause to the IT group!!!!!

Davison_Wheeler
08-17-2012, 06:32 PM
good job Diane! I bet your are super excited, just like everyone else who got the honor of meriting and loan! I can't wait to be in yall's shoes!

Roger_Williams
08-17-2012, 06:41 PM

I'll share. I really thought a couple of them were outstanding and they didn't even merit.:(

Davison_Wheeler
08-17-2012, 06:46 PM
that tended to be my reaction when I put them up on the turnstyle to show the judges. Some were dumfounding when they were not accepted. BUT, that does not mean they are not great images!

Louise_St_Romain
08-17-2012, 06:50 PM
Congrats to everyone who did well!

but I am sad :(

Roger_Williams
08-17-2012, 07:15 PM
that tended to be my reaction when I put them up on the turnstyle to show the judges. Some were dumfounding when they were not accepted. BUT, that does not mean they are not great images!

You know it's like the Silver Medalist at the Olympics. It's not that they are the second best in the world, it's they lost the Gold Medal event. It's worse for me because I did not even make the podium with what I thought were the best of my images. My only hope is that the ShowCase images were left off the list but that is not likely, I'm sure something just truncated the B from GB in the last column.

brekke_felt
08-17-2012, 07:25 PM
I stared the "did not merit" thread.

mbalthaser
08-17-2012, 07:45 PM
Congratulations, everyone!

I'll add to the did not merit thread sometime in the next few days... I ordered the critique too, but I'd still love to hear from all of you. I'm honestly kind of surprised on two of them... but hey, it's OK, I WENT LOAN!!! :D

lmkolb
08-18-2012, 03:05 AM
I was pretty surprised to get a personal phone call this morning letting me know that 2 of my images merited! It was my first time entering and after being a volunteer at IPC I was pretty intimidated by the caliber of the images. Definitely made my day!

Davison_Wheeler
08-18-2012, 03:12 AM
Lori, did you volunteer with us students this year?

Tss1203
08-18-2012, 03:13 AM
I'm confused by the phone calls? Who did they call?

Kerri_Garrison
08-18-2012, 03:17 AM
quick easy question from a first timer... I know if an image had a seal from districts it automatically gets a merit at IPC. Does it also automatically become accepted to the General Collection or does it have to be "selected" to be there? (I know a loan print must be selected)

Karen_Walker
08-18-2012, 04:16 AM
Kerri, a sealed image automatically goes into the general collection.
Amy, I'm thinking the first time recipiants got a phone call.

Tss1203
08-18-2012, 04:19 AM
ah, thank you!
ps- great job Karen!

mbalthaser
08-18-2012, 01:52 PM
I got a phone call as it was my first time having a print go loan (had two generals last year)....a friend of mine had three accepted to general this year, her first time entering... and she got a call as well. So I'm guessing calls were placed for any "firsts"?

erinclemmer
08-18-2012, 02:19 PM
I got a phone call because I earned my first two merits! I got 3 78s at regionals and was given the advice that Master Artist was really tough last spring in Athens, GA. I should know I sat and watched them judge the category, really brutal. But, I was told to send them on to IPC because the 78s might get Merits... and 2 did! I will be interested in what my critique says about the 2 that did not merit.

lmkolb
08-18-2012, 02:24 PM
Davison, I was a volunteer last year and the year before. I was not able to be there this year. I really was hoping to but had just moved and had to be home for repair people. Do you know if any others from GTC entered or merited? I sure hope so. You get free entry with your second year as a PPA member. There is nothing to loose! Hey, tell Ashley I said HI!!

I was told that the reason for the phone call was because it was my first time entering. It was a nice surprise. I was really surprised at how fast the results were posted! Way to go IT people!

Davison_Wheeler
08-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Haha. I definitely will. I don't think anyone from GTC actually entered the contest from the past which is a shame cause I know of a few images, both in the illustrative category and portraiture, that would have probably done very well! I already have gotten some idea's myself to possibly enter some stuff next year. Definitely gave me some incentive for sure!

lmkolb
08-18-2012, 09:28 PM
Nothing that was used in school can be submitted. That was part of my problem. All my best images were in my portfolio. I was going through my hard drives at the last minute to see what I could work up and put through. They were all submitted right before the deadline.

Mikkic
08-19-2012, 12:17 AM
I think I stopped breathing when I got my phone call..first time entering and I got a General and a Loan! I can hardly believe it!!

Not really sure where to go from here, would like to brag on my website and FB page, but don't really know how to personalize the press release PDA.....any tips? What do you all do with this info?
Congrats to all those who merited!

Davison_Wheeler
08-19-2012, 02:51 AM
Nothing that was used in school can be submitted. That was part of my problem. All my best images were in my portfolio. I was going through my hard drives at the last minute to see what I could work up and put through. They were all submitted right before the deadline.

I wouldn't be submitting anything from school. Cause a lot of that stuff is BLAH. I have personal projects that will be coming up in the next few months that I can submitt

heislerd
08-19-2012, 04:06 PM
This is my first time entering PPA. My whole case merited and one went loan. I'm still in shock and did not expect to do so well. I had 3 merit at SEPPA and sent those seals on to PPA. The third one I had over edited so I reworked it and sent it and it earned my fourth merit.

The PPA gentlemen that called stated that the loan image will be considered for further awards. Does this mean that I should still not share the image? Also do you know when they will make those decisions?

Rick_Massarini
08-20-2012, 05:35 PM
I'm confused by the phone calls? Who did they call?

They called the first time entrants who had images accepted to congratulate them.

Haha. I definitely will. I don't think anyone from GTC actually entered the contest from the past which is a shame cause I know of a few images, both in the illustrative category and portraiture, that would have probably done very well! I already have gotten some idea's myself to possibly enter some stuff next year. Definitely gave me some incentive for sure!

Hey, the students have some really nice stuff hanging on the walls at GTC.

The PPA gentlemen that called stated that the loan image will be considered for further awards. Does this mean that I should still not share the image? Also do you know when they will make those decisions?

All of the images that were accepted for the Loan Collection will be evaluated by a panel of jurors for the Grand Imaging Awards in each category - last year the winners recieved a very nice trophy (glass) and a check !!!