PDA

View Full Version : Imaging 2013 NEWBIE

Jen_Moser
07-25-2012, 04:08 PM
I will be going in Jan - this will be a first for me and I have a few questions... just so I know what to expect.......

1. What exactly goes on Sun -Tuesday? I know they will be posting the official schedule soon, but curious.... how many seminars during the day? evening events?

2. with full registration, is the expo included(no extra cost)?

3. are there many people who bring laptops for taking notes?

Thanks!
I may have more questions.....

Jen_Moser
07-25-2012, 04:16 PM
4. are there food vendors there for lunch? or do most people go out?

Roger_Williams
07-25-2012, 06:55 PM
I will be going in Jan - this will be a first for me and I have a few questions... just so I know what to expect.......

1. What exactly goes on Sun -Tuesday? I know they will be posting the official schedule soon, but curious.... how many seminars during the day? evening events?

2. with full registration, is the expo included(no extra cost)?

3. are there many people who bring laptops for taking notes?

Thanks!
I may have more questions.....

Jen,

Your head will spin, Imaging is like nothing else on the planet. The seminars run all day with a long break for the expo which is free with the full registration. Sessions have tracks that you can follow (wedding, sports, portrait, etc.) or you can just pick and choose what you want based on the speaker or the description of the session. If you get to a session that is not exactly what you are looking for, you are free to go to a different one. If you go with someone else, divide and conquer with each of you going to different sessions.

You will need some type of note taking material and many people use a laptop or iPad and of course there is pen and paper. They do not let you video tape or take photographs of any of the sessions.

When you go to the expo, take really good shoes because you are going to walk a lot, it's HUGE. You will also need a really fat wallet and you should have your shopping list already made out. Be careful on the impulse buys, it will test your inner strength.

As for food, there is food available at the convention site and usually close by but with 10,000 people trying to eat at the same time, there are some long lines.

Good luck, there is nothing like your first Imaging Convention.:)

George_Hawkins
08-13-2012, 02:37 AM
Most convention centers often have various food concessions in the public spaces.
Check out convention center's website. It's huge.