PDA

View Full Version : IPC Sit In

n2xposures
07-23-2012, 11:16 PM
I wanted to sit in on a couple days of IPC judging this year. Can anyone give me some more info? I know the location and dates, but need to know what time.

Rick_Massarini
07-24-2012, 01:26 AM
I'll give all the information just in case someone else may be interested and not have all the info:
The IPC judging will run from August 12-15 at the Gwinnett Technical Colleege in Lawrenceville GA (just NE of Atlanta) in the Graphic Arts and Photography building.
There is a meeting every morning at 8 AM when the judges are given their room assignments. Judging starts usually right after that and runs until around 5 or 6 PM (depending on logistics and how things are running) with an hour break for lunch. Judging usually gets started a little bit later on Sunday morning since there is a bit of orientation. Judging usually wraps up sometime in the middle of the day on Wednesday. The judges workshop usually starts around noon on Sunday to provide time for those who are flying in on Sunday morning flights to get to the school. The judging class ends on Wednesday. Wednesday afternoon is usually final check and pack-up time when all the images are checked and packed and loaded into the shipping crates for storage and their trip to the convention in January.

Look me up when you get there and I'll give you the quick tour so you'll know what's going on and where.

n2xposures
07-24-2012, 02:10 PM
Rick, Thanks for the reply. I'm surprised at how hard it is to find info regarding this topic. We plan on making the trip on Sunday. BTW, were you one of the judges at PPMA in Biloxi, MS this past June?

Rick_Massarini
07-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Yes. I was one of the judges at PPMA.

n2xposures
07-25-2012, 02:09 PM
I felt like we had a very good group of Judges this year and just wanted say thank you for being a part of it.

Rick_Massarini
07-25-2012, 08:19 PM
I can't say much for myself, but you would be hard pressed to find a better group than the other four judges. Kathy Meek is the current President of the American Society of Photographers. Her husband, Gary Meek was a previous member of the PPA Board of Directors. Bob Cleere has been a national juror for many years and you would be very hard pressed to find anyone with as many print merits or Loan Collection images as ASP Fellow Dave Swoboda. Four very very fine top notch judges.

Missy50
07-27-2012, 01:27 AM
Rick, Thanks for the reply. I'm surprised at how hard it is to find info regarding this topic. We plan on making the trip on Sunday. BTW, were you one of the judges at PPMA in Biloxi, MS this past June?

Are you Scott?