PDA

View Full Version : It's still not too late to enter the IPC !!!

Rick_Massarini
07-14-2012, 04:18 AM
For those who thought that it was too late this year...

I just wanted to remind everyone who hasn't entered, that there is a late deadline of July 16th to enter and upload your files.
And - you'll have until July 23 to get your prints to PPA Headquarters.

So if you haven't yet entered, and were still thinking about it - you still have a three days to enter and upload your files !!!

So for you procrastinators out there - there's still time !!!

ChristyLynn
07-14-2012, 12:38 PM
I thought the deadline was July 5th for uploads. I may try and get this done this weekend. Thanks Rick.

Tss1203
07-14-2012, 08:39 PM
does thru midnight on 7-16 mean I have all day Monday?

Rick_Massarini
07-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Yep - you have all day on Monday - but I wouldn't advise waiting until the last minute since if you have any problems, or if you want to break a seal, you will have to go through customer service to have one of the IT guys unlock your files - and there may not be anyone on duty at PPA HQ after 5PM on Monday (Eastern Time)

Ed_Sharp
07-14-2012, 11:28 PM
I am one of those procrastinators that has not sent anything into the IPC yet. After a respectable showing my first year I did very poorly in regionals this year and lost some momentum. I am tempted to send something in, but I am not feeling much love for the files I have to choose from.:p

Rick_Massarini
07-15-2012, 01:24 AM
I am one of those procrastinators that has not sent anything into the IPC yet. After a respectable showing my first year I did very poorly in regionals this year and lost some momentum. I am tempted to send something in, but I am not feeling much love for the files I have to choose from.:p
We never love our own files - we always hate our cases - it only depends on whether the JURORS love your files...

Also, I've got you on the list of volunteers for hanging the prints at the convention again this year. Thanks for volunteering!

Ed_Sharp
07-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the encouragement and for putting me on the set up and take down list again. I learn as much if not more, from talking with my fellow Print Crew Engineers as I do from the IUSA classes!:D

Tss1203
07-15-2012, 05:46 PM
hey Rick, Todd and I would love to volunteer again this year :)

I'm forcing myself to decide on two images, and I'm really disappointed in myself. I thought this extra time would allow me to come up with something "worthy" and yet I don't think I've hit the mark I want. I won't send my case in with just two images, so I found two fillers. I still don't have titles for them, and unfortunately since I'm just deciding TODAY on which two to send in, I'm not sure I have enough time to get them from the lab and shipped to get there next week, so I may have to go with a digital entry for two. I'm bummed.

Rick_Massarini
07-16-2012, 12:38 AM
Amy,

Thanks for volunteering to be on the print show setup crew again this year. I've got you, Todd and Ed down on the list.

And as far as your "case-fillers"... I Loaned a "case-filler" a few years back - so never give up on it !!! ...ya just never know...

Rick_Massarini
07-16-2012, 12:45 AM
I learn as much if not more, from talking with my fellow Print Crew Engineers as I do from the IUSA classes!:D

Yeah, few people realize the value of spending the afternoon "working" with some of those people. While you're working setting up the print show, there's nothing else to do but to talk shop - so you end up spending the afternoon picking the brains of people like Dave Huntsman, Joan and Rene' Genest, Randy McNeilly, Jon Allyn, and the great Dwight Okumoto (just figured I give you a big plug, bud) - among others. It's a worthwhile investment in time, plus, you get a service merit for doing it - so you come out ahead both ways !

Ed_Sharp
07-16-2012, 05:16 AM
I just sent my files in and with 24 hours to spare and no expectations LOL.

Amy,
Thanks for volunteering to be on the print show setup crew again this year. I've got you, Todd and Ed down on the list.

Ok so who's next, Angela, Cindy, Greg?

Rick_Massarini
07-16-2012, 06:33 AM
I'm gonna have to call Greg and Cindy - I haven't heard from them for a while....

brekke_felt
07-16-2012, 06:00 PM
I saw that we had until the 23rd to get prints there the day AFTER I spent $93 to two day ship my case to get it there by the 13th. Darn it! But hey, it's there!

Mark_Levesque
07-17-2012, 01:54 AM
Trying to upload my case, but the website seems hung. 50 minutes since I pressed "purchase" and it still is waiting for a response. It's hard to imagine there really is THAT much volume that this could be considered reasonable under the circumstances...

Ed_Sharp
07-17-2012, 02:48 AM
Did you get a confirmation email for your purchase?
I got two emails when I submitted last night. One confirming my purchase and one telling me how to uploade my images.

Thank you for your registration in International Print Competition. Below you will find instructions on uploading your competition images to PPA.com.
Upon login, you will be redirected to your My PPA page. If not, please click on the My PPA link in the main menu of the site.
Under "My PPA Information" click "District Photographic Competition" or "2012
Master Artist Competition". This will take you to the upload area where you can upload each of your entries.
Once you have finished uploading all images, click the confirmation button at the bottom of the page. This will finalize your entry and you will be able to print labels if you have print entries. "

Angela_Lawson
07-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Rick - you should have me on the volunteer list too! I sent an email to Colleen shortly after Imaging last year. lol

Rick_Massarini
07-18-2012, 07:01 AM
Angela, You're on the list now!

J_Davidson
07-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Me too please! I'll be living 4 hours away, and refuse to miss Imaging this year. I can do both installment and take down. :)

Ed_Sharp
07-18-2012, 07:41 PM
Angela, You're on the list now!

We're getting the band back together! Somebody grab a Mountain Dew and pop the top to get Greg's attention. :D

Welcome to the Print Crew Engineers Jill.

Rick_Massarini
07-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Me too please! I'll be living 4 hours away, and refuse to miss Imaging this year. I can do both installment and take down. :)

I've got you on the list !
C ya at Imaging.

Tss1203
07-19-2012, 12:04 AM
We're getting the band back together! Somebody grab a Mountain Dew and pop the top to get Greg's attention. :D

Welcome to the Print Crew Engineers Jill.

I'm looking forward to it!