PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question about entering files.

Fuzzy_Duenkel
07-04-2012, 01:44 AM
I entered files at the Wisconsin Affiliate (Midwest) convention. All got merits. Am I supposed to send them to Nationals or will they get there automatically?

Rick_Massarini
07-04-2012, 01:53 AM
At the Midwest District, the files received the "Seal of Approval" which are not automatic merits until they are entered into the IPC. You must enter the IPC for the seals to become merits. Once you enter the IPC and pay the entry fee, you'll see an "Upload Images" entry appear in your My PPA profile (upper left side of the website). When you go into the "Upload Images" section, you will find your sealed files from the District Judging waiting there. All you have to do is to complete the entry and they will be sent to the IPC and your seals will become automatic merits and the files will be judged for the Loan Collection. They don't automatically go in since you have to first pay the entry fee, and there is always the option of busting the seal if you want to make changes that you believe might give you a better chance for a Loan Image. If you bust the seal and upload a different file from the one that is "Sealed", the new image will no longer be "sealed" and will have to go before a panel to be judged for merit at the IPC.

Fuzzy_Duenkel
07-04-2012, 02:01 AM
OK, I'll see if I can figure it out. If not, I'll be back.

BTW, these are digital files. Seals?

Fuzzy_Duenkel
07-04-2012, 02:06 AM
OK, I paid the $95. The images were already there from the Midwest competition, so I guess I'm done. Thanks.

Rick_Massarini
07-04-2012, 02:07 AM
They digitally "seal" the file by marking the file in your entry as a sealed entry. There is no physical seal, just a code applied to the file in your District digital entry form. For prints they put a physical seal on the back of the print. With digital entries, it's just done electronically.

Fuzzy_Duenkel
07-04-2012, 02:44 AM
As long as they don't kill baby seals in the process.