PDA

View Full Version : Seriously Hate My Case

Ron_Jackson
07-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Well, for only the second time in history, I have entered IPC. No regionals, just straight to IPC. Just got the four files uploaded and paid the momey. Entered all four in Artistic again since my merits are only in this catagory from the previous entry. I have zero confidence this year though. On well. Maybe I will learn something since I ordered the critique. Good luck to everyone else who entered!

bwalker
07-03-2012, 12:12 AM
Sounds to me you're probably understating your skills Ron.

Ron_Jackson
07-03-2012, 12:31 AM
Billy I have no problem creating images that make me a lot of money. I just suck at the comp print stuff.

gailcarver
07-03-2012, 12:35 AM
So lets see them! I bet they are better than you are giving yourself credit for! And it is good to know there is a difference between a money maker for the client and a successful comp print! We all make money off images that would not merit, but have emotional impact for the client!

Sarah_Johnston
07-03-2012, 12:35 AM
Best of Luck Ron!!

Ron_Jackson
07-03-2012, 12:44 AM
Gail I can't post them. Jeff D. told me not to post images here anymore because my work weakens the term "Professional". Sorry.

Thanks Sara and to you too if you are entering.

Rick_Massarini
07-03-2012, 02:29 AM
Ron - see my PM

Jeff_Dachowski
07-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Gail I can't post them. Jeff D. told me not to post images here anymore because my work weakens the term "Professional". Sorry.

Thanks Sara and to you too if you are entering.

Ron, You know that this should have been put in green right??????

Jeff

Ron_Jackson
07-03-2012, 06:02 PM
I kinow Jeff but my laptop was out of green ink.

I thought that comment might flush you out. Ha!

Okay guys, so Jeff really didn't say that. I was just joking. However, I am that embarassed by my selections and the fact I wouldn't want any judges to see these before the judging, we'll just wait and see.

MJ_Campanellie
07-11-2012, 02:09 PM
You knew Jeff was going to be in on this conversation. Jeff always hates his case. Of course...I'm not feeling the love for mine either this year.

Good Luck Ron!

Joe_Campanellie
07-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Hate it when I log in under my wife's name by accident.

Ron_Jackson
07-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Thanks Mary. I entered all four in EI again since that's where my other print merits are. However, because they judge on difficulty and execution as well as the other components, I have at least one if not two that will probably not merit where they might in open. One of them is my strongest image however it was a single exposure capture and all I did was make some tonal and color adjustments plus a little clean up. Oh well, it is what it is.