PDA

View Full Version : Image Submission Results

yoopergal78
07-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Has anyone received their results for the June image submission or found their name in the "find a photographer" section with the CPP? I am getting very anxious. Thanks.

Michael_Gan
07-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Hang tight. Judging is still in progress through Sunday.

yoopergal78
07-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Ok- Thanks Michael. I new it was getting close!

yoopergal
07-12-2012, 02:11 AM
Anyone hearing of any results yet???

ChristyLynn
07-12-2012, 02:12 PM
No and I'm on pins and needles!!!!

yoopergal78
07-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Me too Christy- Good Luck to you! I will post if I hear anything and hoping it's something good to post- been working super hard for the last couple years on this!!!

ChristyLynn
07-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Same here, good luck to you also.

ChristyLynn
07-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Well Nancy I got my notice yesterday and I did not pass. But I'm excited for the review because I'm looking at this as a learning experience and any way that I can improve is a plus to me. Hope you fared better.

Roger_Williams
07-13-2012, 07:30 PM
Well Nancy I got my notice yesterday and I did not pass. But I'm excited for the review because I'm looking at this as a learning experience and any way that I can improve is a plus to me. Hope you fared better.

ChristyLynn,

I'm going to chime in late on this. I did not pass the image submission the first time and the 1 on 1 critique PPA offered made all the difference on the second submission. Take notes while talking to the critiquer:confused:(is that a word) but it is the really little details that will get you. After the critique, I'd bet next time you pass ;).

yoopergal78
07-13-2012, 10:45 PM
I'm sorry to hear you didn't pass ChristyLynn. This is my 3rd submission and I've had critiques. My last submission may have been a technical issue on the upload because I had to identical images uploaded. I haven't heard anything yet but I sure am nervous. You will enjoy the critique- they do a great job at it! I've tried to apply everything I've learned since starting this process! Best of luck on your next submission!

ChristyLynn
07-14-2012, 12:36 PM
Thanks Roger, I am looking forward to the critique. I had entered my regional competition in June and asked one of the judges to go over my images and it was so informative. So I'm sort of glad I didn't pass, I get more education this way. :)

Nancy I'm sure you'll hear something soon. I never received a confirmation on my image submission even after I called them and they told me over the phone they were sending it right then.

yoopergal78
08-06-2012, 01:28 AM
I received my letter that I did not pass. I really thought I finally nailed it but apparently not. I'm waiting on the critique and hope I can learn exactly where I'm "missing". I've had 2 great critiques and took notes and tweaked and tweaked my work. I was told during both of my first two critiques that my portfolio looked really good and only need some "fine tuning". I'm going to work hard and submit again in August. I would like to learn if my compulsory images were passed and if it was my remaining portfolio or if some of my compulsory did not pass. This is important to me so I know where I need to concentrate the most. Thanks to those that have supported and critiqued my images prior to and after the submissions. I passed my written test last year and I am determined to pass my image submission so I don't have to take the written exam again! I think I have less than a year left :-(

Amy_Hall
08-06-2012, 03:32 AM
Keep working on it, Nancy, you will get it! And it will feel so great when you achieve your goal.

Mark_Levesque
08-06-2012, 10:30 PM
As the one who delivered the critique the last time, I am surprised to hear you didn't pass. I really thought you were close. (I don't remember exactly what the issues were last time, but I do remember thinking you would pass on your next go around.)

If you would like some help selecting images for the next submission, I'd be happy to help.

yoopergal78
08-07-2012, 12:00 PM
Thank you Mark! You have been an excellent resource for me. I would love some feedback. I am working on the next submission but can I post a link to images that did not pass and have you take a look? I only changed a couple of the compulsory but maybe those are the ones that didn't cut the mustard.

Mark_Levesque
08-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Post away. Happy to help.

yoopergal78
08-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Here is a link to my compulsory images:

www.tlcstudio.com/Compulsory

and here is the 9 remaining images from my portfolio:

www.tlcstudio.com/CPP_9port

They are just in a folder not gallery style.

Thank you!

Robin