PDA

View Full Version : images for the IPC ? are they good enough?

Michelle_Johnson
06-22-2012, 04:26 PM
Hello just wondering if any of these are good enough for this competition? Also can these same images be enter in my state PPLA competition and this one, or do I need different images for both competitions?
Thank you for looking them over.

a little lost,
michelle

Kyfoto
06-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Very nice images overall.
1st image: beautiful young lady, very pleasant expression, I also like the compostion. The areas of concern for me would be the appearance of manipulation (splotchy muddy tones through the hands, arms and shoulder). I also think the wood around her could be toned down as to not draw so much attention.
2nd image: I really enjoy the design of this image. Good placement of the bride in relation to the bridesmaids. I wish the bridesmaid on the left wasnt' cropped into. The biggest concren in this image is the brightness (blown out detail in the highlights) on the brides nose, breast and shoulder.
3rd image: This is a fun image to look at bescause of the colors, I feel it would be a mid 70's scoring image because of the blown out left arm and the blown out background. These areas demand too much attention. I also feel the image is very busy and makes it hard to stay on the subject.
4th image: Very nice. I love the skin tones and expressions, consider cropping off the empty space to the right of the subjects as it adds no balance or bring anything of interest to the photo.
5th image: What a fantastic expression! Love the quiet face with the big eyes. I'm concerned about the compostition. I would crop the left side off and make the image a very slim vertical. I hope there is a little more space below her feet as well, if not I'd probably consider cropping somewhere between the lace and the bunnies feet.

These are just my thoughts. Overall very nice. Also most states allow you to enter images in multiple competitions. I would check with your state rules though to make sure they don't have a rule against prints entered at IPC being entered at state.

Hope this helps.
Dave

Michelle_Johnson
06-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Thank you. This helped a lot. I will keep working at it. I have a long way to go!
Maybe I will be really ready for next year...
I really appreciate all of your words on my images. Thank you again.

still lost, but finding my way with PPA, :D
michelle