PDA

View Full Version : What are the CPP numbers?

ninabeheim
06-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Anyone know the percentage of photographers in the U.S. who have their certification, or who might provide these statistics?

I just rec'd my certification, and the reaction from many is "What's that? I've never heard of it!" (including MANY professional photographers).

I'd like to have some statistics to add to my explanation, sometimes I feel folks view the CPP as a "made up" cert. instead of an industry approved/recognized certification.

Thanks in advance!

nina

Vance_Wagener
06-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Nina,
Your currently one of 31 CPP's in the state of Washington accordin to: http://certifiedphotographer.com/fap/. The PPCC commission gets it's standards through :ICE (http://www.credentialingexcellence.org/)

I've heard the figure of 3% of all professional photographers are Certified being bantered about but I can't remember where that figure came from. You might want to contact the PPCC directly: Email: PPCC@certifiedphotographer.com or Phone: 1-888-772-2780

Hope it helps

ninabeheim
06-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Thanks, Vance!

Yep, I had counted the numbers for Washington - but I also wanted to have the numbers from a national perspective. I was shocked at the WA numbers, but would probably be shocked if I read the other state numbers - especially if 3% nationally turns out to be the current amt. Sheesh.

I'd emailed PPCC, but hoped someone on the forums might have a number handy. I'll update with the responses to keep anyone interested in the loop!

THanks again!

Roger_Williams
06-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Anyone know the percentage of photographers in the U.S. who have their certification, or who might provide these statistics?

I just rec'd my certification, and the reaction from many is "What's that? I've never heard of it!" (including MANY professional photographers).

I'd like to have some statistics to add to my explanation, sometimes I feel folks view the CPP as a "made up" cert. instead of an industry approved/recognized certification.

Thanks in advance!

nina

Nina, Congratulations on the CPP. As for the reaction of "What's that?", speaking for myself, I have almost every dad ask me about the certification and the certificate hanging on the wall just behind my desk, in plain view of the clients. It opens up a chance for me to explain to dad (and everyone else) how I set myself above the other photographers in the area and I work in about my investment in continuing education. I think dad better understands the value he is going to get with me and he doesn't challenge the amount of money he is going to spend. ;)

I know this was kind of off topic, maybe not.